Skip to main content

after input of description and photos and all other relevant info i go to ebay check and the page reappears but then I end up being booted out of your web site and out of aol and then aol has to redial to get me back on broadband.
I have not come upon this problem untill you started the new editor can this be fixed as it is extreemly frustrating.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Not as far as I can see. Auctiva hasn't even admitted yet that they have a problem. Emails sent with specific error messages and details as to when and how it happens have gone unanswered.

If it continues and they still keep their head in the sand you may have to find another service which does the same thing for free also. After wasting 2 hours of valuable time after work, I gave up. Working a 9-5 job makes the evenings and weekends my only time to tackle my auctions. This evening when I get home if the same problem is there and I expect it will be I will give MyEasyPics.com a try.
This is a really hard problem since it isn't happening to everyone, just a few users on AOL. AOL might say it is our fault, but really, if your ISP dumps you offline because of the content on a website you have bigger issues. I'd talk with AOL about this.

As far as fixing this problem though, we need to narrow it down a bit more. Can you please try this demo of the 3rd party html editor we use, and tell me if it is usable for you?
http://www.fckeditor.net/demo/default.html

This should help us narrow down the cause of your troubles.

Thanks.
Have you updated your Firefox to 1.5?

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Also something that you might try is to download CCleaner, it's free and very useful.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less that a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! Smile
Hi all just for your info I tried to list again at midday UK time and as soon as the listing page came up it booted me out and i lost my emails again.
Had to reset computer again!!! What I am trying to say to Auctiva is that prior to the 18th i listed some 70+ items with no prob, on the 18th when the new editor started i could not list one item without being booted out.I guess its back to photobucket Frown
The new editor is a piece of rubbish as far as I'm concerned. I don't get booted off when I use it, but I do have a windows "find in this page" thingy open up at least once every time I try to write or edit a description. Needless to say I don't try to "find" anything on purpose - it just opens it up on its own. The new editor also bounces my cursor all over the page - on its own. I'll be typing away and suddenly my cursor is now in the browser address window or in another part of the description. What's up with that??

I've also noticed that since the new editor, the listing description pages load much MUCH more slowly and often hang up not just auctiva but also any other browser page I might have open, such as for research on the item I'm trying to write the description for. As a result of these problems it probably takes me 3 to 4 times as long to write a description than it did with the old editor.

The new editor is very buggy and obviously causing people a lot of problems. The old one worked PERFECTLY for me and did everything I wanted it to - quickly and easily - and apparently a lot of other people feel the same way. Why was the old one (that worked) changed to the new one (that doesn't)?

To Auctiva, I would say that like any other community forum, relatively few people who are experiencing a problem actually post about the problem, so saying that the problem only affects those few would a wildly inaccurate assumption. A certain percentage of users just don't post on a forum no matter what. Another percentage of people (larger than you would think) don't even know the forum EXISTS, so they sure don't post. Another percentage of users don't understand how to post on a forum even if they do realize that it exists and they would like to point out their issues. And another (perhaps even larger) percentage of users will encounter problems and as a result just use another site to do their work, never mentioning the nature or even the existence of their problems to anyone. It's not worth it to them to post about a problem because there are other options available that DO work properly. So don't be misled if you see only a relatively small number of users complaining about any particular issue - there are more people having difficulties than you think.
AOl user here too. I can write a description but today when I went to do a "fee preview, got booted completely off AOL. Lost a description it took 30 minutes to write!
This has happened a different times in using Autiva on AOL> I can load images there, no problems at all, but once I try to work with listings I get booted.
Now when I use IE, I don't have any problem.....
Just another AOL user reporting in....

Sammie
Hi all,

A couple notes here:

1. Tomorrow afternoon (Saturday) we'll be releasing a new version of the lister page with the same new editor to the beta site. We'll post here when this happens and hopefully you'll be able to let us know if the beta version is working or not for you.

2. Can you please try this demo of the 3rd party html editor we use, and tell us if it is usable for you?

Thanks,

-Kevin
quote:
Originally posted by dmhcollectibles:
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Xudong:
The best browsers to use auctiva site are IE and firefox. Our developers use these two browsers to develope/debug the software.

I use firefox - and I have plenty of problems, discussed elsewhere.

I tried with Firefox and couldn't get the photos uploaded, if it's not one problem it's another. Guess I am out of here for awhile, it's day 3 and no postings.
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Kevin K.:
Hi all,
2. Can you please try this demo of the 3rd party html editor we use, and tell us if it is usable for you?
Thanks,
-Kevin

Kevin, I went into the fckeditor and as soon as I started to write in the description area, was booted off AOL again. Just a side note, I am using auctiva with IE and it is working ok. Can upload pictures and do onther things on AOL just not anything with descriptions.
Sammie
quote:
Originally posted by dmhcollectibles:
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Xudong:
The best browsers to use auctiva site are IE and firefox. Our developers use these two browsers to develope/debug the software.

I use firefox - and I have plenty of problems, discussed elsewhere.

I agree with DM I use both browsers IE and Firefox and I'm constantly having problems and DM is also right on posting in the forums. I have experienced many problems the last few days. I would post but I see other posting the same issue why should I post I wait and see if Auctiva responds and what their response is.

So to be on the record everything that DM posted regarding problems is EXACTLY what I have experienced.
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Kevin K.:
Hi all,

A couple notes here:

1. Tomorrow afternoon (Saturday) we'll be releasing a new version of the lister page with the same new editor to the beta site. We'll post here when this happens and hopefully you'll be able to let us know if the beta version is working or not for you.

Thanks,

-Kevin

I've clicked on your link for the above demo editor. What are we trying to test? That it comes up? Yes it does. That I can type in the editor and hit submit? Yes I can.

I dont like that it gives me a HTML code to copy and paste somewhere. Why do I have to do all that? Is that what is in store for us here on Auctiva? I like the way I do it on Auctiva. Type what you want in the description field and then your done. I'm not familiar with HTML codes. I dont like messing with them. So I'm very confused am I going to have to know HTML codes and how they function to be able to use Auctiva?

My problems are creating listings and uploading images and sometimes store window not showing images. I dont use the HTML editor I use the Text Editor. Now when I try to do listings (this morning and last night) my profiles are not there. I have a master profile for all categories and nothing is there I have to redo these all over again now?
Hi everyone!
There is absolutely something wrong with this new editor being used through AOL. I have been trying for two days straight to create listings and I keep getting booted off AOL everytime. I have wasted so much time on this problem. I at first thought it was a problem with my own PC until I checked this message board only to find out many people are experiencing the same problem. I seriously believe it is a widespread problem and needs to be fixed. Please get this fixed promptly. We are getting frustrated! Mad
yes i know what you mean prior to 18th i listed 70+ items with no prob but after the 18th all hell broke loose.
But at least i can still use auctiva.
The other issue i had was that today it took nearly 4hrs for my listing to go to my shop, this is not autiva's fault however it is ebays for being slow to list from outside site.
Hi.

I got a response to my complaint from Auctiva about getting booted through AOL. Here is what it reads: Hi, The site is working fine. Please remove your temp files and cookies, make sure your Antivirus and firewall settings are fine. Log out and then logback in, see if that helps. Adam S.
Support

Does anyone know if this is true and if it really is working fine now? I dont need to list anything else today and I dont really feel like wasting more time by checking it out again today. If your still experiencing problems please let Auctiva know as I dont know if they are taking this AOL disconnection issue seriously or not. Thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by advancing14:
Hi.

I got a response to my complaint from Auctiva about getting booted through AOL. Here is what it reads: Hi, The site is working fine. Please remove your temp files and cookies, make sure your Antivirus and firewall settings are fine. Log out and then logback in, see if that helps. Adam S.
Support

Does anyone know if this is true and if it really is working fine now? I dont need to list anything else today and I dont really feel like wasting more time by checking it out again today. If your still experiencing problems please let Auctiva know as I dont know if they are taking this AOL disconnection issue seriously or not. Thanks!

We are taking it seriously, it is just very hard for us to reproduce on our test machines. As of yet I can't even force my test browsers to have the issues some of you are having, even if I try Frown

Please see my thread "Descriptions Missing. Please try this", as I made a few changes that _might_ help you users with AOL. I can't say for sure, but I am working on a solution. Please try out the lister @ betatest.auctiva.com and let me know if things are better.

The support staff don't know the exact in-ands-outs of everything, so they might say the site is working fine just because for 99%+ of our users it is, and for that last 1% usually clearing your cache fixes whatever issue was present. This AOL disconnection thing is a real head-scracther.
quote:
Originally posted by Moonandstarman:
I've clicked on your link for the above demo editor. What are we trying to test? That it comes up? Yes it does. That I can type in the editor and hit submit? Yes I can.

I dont like that it gives me a HTML code to copy and paste somewhere. Why do I have to do all that? Is that what is in store for us here on Auctiva? I like the way I do it on Auctiva. Type what you want in the description field and then your done. I'm not familiar with HTML codes. I dont like messing with them. So I'm very confused am I going to have to know HTML codes and how they function to be able to use Auctiva?

My problems are creating listings and uploading images and sometimes store window not showing images. I dont use the HTML editor I use the Text Editor. Now when I try to do listings (this morning and last night) my profiles are not there. I have a master profile for all categories and nothing is there I have to redo these all over again now?

We only need people to test that demo editor if they are having issues with the html editor on our site. If you only use the text editor, then that demo doesn't concern you Smile

About your profiles... please file a support case and we can look into your problems specifically. If you profiles were saved without any problems in the past, then they aren't gone for good, and the issue is probably just a display error. File a support case and we'll sort it out.

Thanks.
Good morning,
8:49AM EST
I went in and cleaned out all the cookies, temp files and etc. Went on the Auctiva site and looked at a listing. my description was there but when i clicked on the error check was booted off AOL. This morning I did get the listing fee window and didn't get booted. I have working iwth the beta on IE and it is ok. And a previous question was do I sign off AOL to use IE, no I need AOL connected as it is my internet service provider. But IE works ok for me. Just wanted to let someone know that Auctiva is still not working on AOL. I know it is a head "scratcher" for sure.
Sammie

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.