Skip to main content

Just in case you have problems listing certain items. The below might be the problem.

ebaY has issued new rules on showcases/galleries etc

Due to recent hacking attempts eBay has some rules about showcases.. eBay doesn't allow words like christian dior there etc (large
amount of louis voitton and christian dior scam is coming from china and some other regions) so for now if your auction titles contain those
words the showcase won't work.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There's one case where a gallery/showcase/store auction won't list due to the word warranty..which will boot out the whole auction and won't list.

So if you have a Christian Dior Dress or Pattern or gosh, I don't know how many other words are being blocked from being used in the galleries/stores/showcases....be sure to get with eBay as they instigated this new policy due to China and Asia scammers.

This has been reported to Ina at Auctionbytes in the hopes that she will look into this further.

Good Luck,
Donna
eCommerce Sellers Motivators "We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? But actually, who are you NOT to be?" Marianne Williamson
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
Do you have a link to these? I checked the announcement board and didn't see them.

Jeff,

I sent you an email (at least I hope it gets to you). I don't feel that I should be placing the link on these boards with the information. Ok.

If you don't get the email I just sent you:
Suthrnjewl at Suthrnjewl dot com

Get with me ok and I'll resend.

Thanks,
Donna
Lol, that explains a lot.

Those are rules set up by our competitor to try and get the chinese hackers to quit using their site to list the fake items on eBay. They weren't set up by eBay and don't affect items listed with Auctiva.

Hilarious.

The hackers used us for a short time but we pretty much developed a system within a few days that's stopped them from using us, but hasn't inconvienced our users. For a few days there were creating 200+ accounts a day here, and listing 10,000+ items a day. All 1 day auctions. Ripping off hundreds or thousands of buyers a day before eBay ends the listing. I figure they were making $10k a day or more. Just some school kinds in internet cafes in China probably. They're not going to stop.

Really eBay needs to be the one to stop this. I knew as soon as we stopped them they'd just move to another 3rd party lister. Now I know where they went. And that was about 7-8 weeks ago so I guess they've been there a while. That might explain some of the performance and other problems there too with hackers chewing up system resources.
quote:
due to recent hacking attempts eBay has some rules about showcases..
What rules? Where?
quote:
we'll disable those rules when the recent wave of scam will end. We forced to do it, because of recent eBay regulations.
Ah this explains it. It sounds like the rules might have only been given to them because they failed to stop the hackers from using their site.

As far as I know this doesn't affect Auctiva.
Thanks Jeff. I had hoped you would receive my email as I looked and looked and looked all over the eBay announcements and couldn't find the posting.

eBay is cancelling auctions though. I do know that for sure. Others who've had their auctions closed due to the words warranty in their gallery with another 3rd party.

Delete my posts if you want..I'm fine with that. OK? If not, I'll let the postings stay.

PHEW!
THANKS!
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
The hackers used us for a short time but we pretty much developed a system within a few days that's stopped them from using us, but hasn't inconvienced our users. For a few days there were creating 200+ accounts a day here, and listing 10,000+ items a day. All 1 day auctions. Ripping off hundreds or thousands of buyers a day before eBay ends the listing. I figure they were making $10k a day or more. Just some school kinds in internet cafes in China probably. They're not going to stop.

Really eBay needs to be the one to stop this. I knew as soon as we stopped them they'd just move to another 3rd party lister.

I staunchly refuse to sell to China/Japan. They hit me for majorly hard last year and it took three months to get completely away from them.

Dayum! 200 accounts a day and listing 10,000+ items a day.

I'm telling ya Jeff...last year this time my account got hit and HARD by fraudulent purchases by eBay china users. <spit>

Why eBay allows China..I just don't know. Nor do I understand why they can't tighten their guidelines?

PLUS there's the fact that they're FREAKING FREE to sell on there? And do we honest customers in the US pay? Dayum Skippy!

Behave! <smile>
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Bradford:
Well, I doubt all Chinese are hackers or thieves! Although I know all the troubles you went through and I don't blame you.

Rick,

I know you know of what I went through..but not all the details.

I woke up every day for months with a minimum of 50 fraudulent bids on my items, my store cleaned out of items all using Buy It Now. And all negatives left for me overnight while I slept.

Know why? I had the nerve to ask for 50 items to be paid for by 50 different Chinese buyers. Then when I filed NPB against the initial 50 buyers who bid on my items and refused to pay they decided to pass my eBay ID out to...well, you'll read about it further down.

Then know what?

They decided to start calling me, can you imagine how much fun it is to have your phone ringing at all hours of the day and hearing Chinese/Japanese being spoken to you. (They'd pull my contact information and passed it around mercilessly)

And yes, there were Japanese, too.

Thanks to my subscription with Sellathon, I could see them come to my site via an email link or fav icon or a message board (yes, the message boards were based in China and Japan) that had people coming from China, Japan, France and more countries...even the US.

It was a nightmare that I won't ever go through again. And Thanks to Wayne after 2 months of trying different options we finally came across a solution that worked. (Wayne belongs with us at another message board)

I was finally able to move away from the nightmare and not close my store and not stop selling.

It took months to get all the negs removed by eBay. It took months to get the FVF credited back. It took every day calling eBay and telling the story over and over and over for months to get the days events of negatives and bids and more quasi-straightened out.

So to me?

I refuse to EVER sell again to another Japanese or Asian customer and I will stand by that staunchly. I don't care if he offers me 100.00 for a 1.00 item..not gonna do it.

Suthrnjewl<---stubborn cuss

Done with my rant...I feel better, how bout you?

Peace Rick,
Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.