Skip to main content

Hi,
I'm not sure what's going on but i've got my listing formatted and written but when I go & look at the preview it's all messed up!
Either part of it will keep it's formatting or bits and pieces of the ad will. I've tried clearing all of the formatting and redoing it but still it's doing the same thing.
This is seriously getting frustrating! I've been fooling with it for over an hour & could have been using that time to work on more listings. I used Auctiva years ago and didn't have this problem when it was free. It really sucks now that i'm paying and having these problems.
Anybody have any suggestions because i really do not want to load it up to eBay with the way it looks, which is horrible?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I tried that but still doesn't work right. Usually there will only be a piece here and there that kept the formatting. I finally gave up on my last one last night and loaded it up to ebay since it was getting late and was going to just try revising it & fixing it there. After I loaded it up & looked at it on ebay it looked fine...strange.
Yeah you'd think they'd fix the problem by now especially since it's been going on for quite awhile.
quote:
Originally posted by SickPuppy:
I tried that but still doesn't work right. Usually there will only be a piece here and there that kept the formatting. I finally gave up on my last one last night and loaded it up to ebay since it was getting late and was going to just try revising it & fixing it there. After I loaded it up & looked at it on ebay it looked fine...strange.
Yeah you'd think they'd fix the problem by now especially since it's been going on for quite awhile.
Hello it is March 10 and I am having the same problems. I thought this site had been around for a while. Lots of problems. If you ever get an answer please let me know. Thanks littleshopoftreasures
quote:
Originally posted by SickPuppy:

I'm just going to throw this out as I have not had the problem with over 600+ listings.

I use a custom template so I am wondering if it could be the template that you are using?

Have you tried a different one?

Also what browser and what operating system?

I am only guessing as I have never had this problem.
GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! I AM REALLY READY TO THROW IN THE FLIPPIN TOWEL ON AUCTIVA! MY GOSH, ONE DANG THING AFTER ANOTHER TODAY AND NOW, AS IF I HAVEN'T COMPLETELY WASTED ALL MY FREAKIN TIME WITH THIS, BUT NOW, JUST NOW, I GET THE LISTING DONE--ONE FOR THE ENTIRE DAY LET ME REMIND YOU--AND THEN DO THE ERROR CHECK, IT PASSES. GO TO LIST IT AND BOOM, IT DIDN'T LIST! WHAT THE HE**!!! THIS IS COMPLETE BOGUS (&^%! IT SAID IT PASSED, THEN IT DOESN'T LIST, I GO INTO THE LISTINGS TO BE LISTED, BOOM, IT 'NOW' HAS A CHARACTER ERROR IN THE DESCRIPTION!!!!! SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Mad Frown
quote:
Originally posted by lmrntx:
GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! I AM REALLY READY TO THROW IN THE FLIPPIN TOWEL ON AUCTIVA! MY GOSH, ONE DANG THING AFTER ANOTHER TODAY AND NOW, AS IF I HAVEN'T COMPLETELY WASTED ALL MY FREAKIN TIME WITH THIS, BUT NOW, JUST NOW, I GET THE LISTING DONE--ONE FOR THE ENTIRE DAY LET ME REMIND YOU--AND THEN DO THE ERROR CHECK, IT PASSES. GO TO LIST IT AND BOOM, IT DIDN'T LIST! WHAT THE HE**!!! THIS IS COMPLETE BOGUS (&^%! IT SAID IT PASSED, THEN IT DOESN'T LIST, I GO INTO THE LISTINGS TO BE LISTED, BOOM, IT 'NOW' HAS A CHARACTER ERROR IN THE DESCRIPTION!!!!! SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Mad Frown

Invalid character(s) were detected in your description, your ad was not posted to eBay.

WHAT NOW?????????????????????????????
quote:
quote:

Invalid character(s) were detected in your description, your ad was not posted to eBay.

WHAT NOW?????????????????????????????

Post the description here. This is not a Auctiva problem but eBay has found a problem. If you post it I'll take a look.
Hi Mike, thank you dearly for answering me. I'm so extremely frustrated! I did my listings just as I normally do and I just keep running into issue after issue today for over 14 hours! GRRR! Here's the link:
http://www.auctiva.com/listings/scheduled.aspx

I know it's long, please don't ask, just help me figure out what the heck they're talking about. I just listed some video tapes last week I believe it was--with this same info, description worded differently to fit the video tapes and an organizer and all worked fine, now I am going through all of this. So fed up with Mozilla, and Auctiva today!!!! I'll try this tomorrow morning and see if anything's changed. I highly doubt it though. I'm calling it quits for today. Had I known I was going to have THIS many issues today, I would've just spent the day cleaning and doing other more productive stuff, but not only did I lose out on $ today with all this, but also, lost out on the opportunity to list auctions @ 50% off, and didn't accomplish a thing! Frown Any help is greatly appreciated for this lil seller here. Thanx!
Eek Hi everyone, Well, after yet another extremely lonnnnnnng day(since 7:30 am CT and it's now 11:17 pm), I've been trying to tackle the issues I had yesterday. I had several issues which included: Full description editor & preview, both not working properly, images not loading, then listings not posting to ebay even though the Error check thing said there were no errors. Had all these dang issues yet again today. Hubby went and redid my profile on my computer, he basically got all issues resolved except one. That issue was that even after the 'error check' passed, the listing never went to Ebay even though it said it did. Then I checked the scheduled listings, to find that they didn't list due to a description error. Geeeeeeeeeeeeez, if ya'll knew me, I DO NOT keep anything short & sweet-fear of leaving out important details. Smile Anyhow.....for crying out loud, I went through my listing, took out the astericks, the squiggly lines I used, unbolded a lot of stuff, and then took out *one* tiny box in my "Payment Terms & Details"(<----it's quite long I must say but I have my reasons)and it's also HTML. I created it over 7 months ago, maybe even longer, been using it since. Anyhow....I took out 'one' lil box on there, just one, tried relisting and OMG, IT WORKED! lol lol lol I'm on cloud 9 again although I so wish it didn't take me so darned long to figure this out due to the time wasted in doing so. Frown My issues for the most part have been resolved. And F.Y.I. if anyone's wondering, I did toggle back/forth between Standard/HTML on the description, it didn't solve squat! Frown So THANKFULLY, OH THANK GOODNESS, I'll be back on track tomorrow! Just wanted to thank y'all for all your help. I got more help from reading here than on Ebay or anywhere else. This has got to be better than the live chat! LOL I'm not paying $19.95/month just to gain that! I'll continue to come here for my help as you all are tremendously awesome. Thank you in advance. I must go get more done for tomorrow....missed out on a whole lot the past few days now. Take care. Scrappy.
A lot of problems are created by eBay.

I had 15 listings on eBay for a long time and while using another listing tool the same listings were rejected. I complained but it was the API side that was kicking it.

I took out the words and posted. About 30 days later eBay found the problem on a listing and then they kicked it.

What I am saying is you can post something direct on eBay and the same listing will get kicked here because it goes threw a different check that they require from all posting sites.

I spend more time in the AucComm section as I have very few if no problems with the Auctiva postings.

You will find more and better help in the forums than anywhere. Just ask. Smile
LOL Mike, isn't that the truth! I have been on Auctiva for gosh over 2 years now, love Auctiva for being sooooooooo easy to use, etc, love their templates, etc. I've loved them for a long time even if I gotta pay, but I'm not paying for trouble! LOL I understand issues here/there, but goodness, provide help! LOL And Ebay....hahahahaha, don't even get me going on that! Geez, several of my unsold items that recently unsold wouldn't relist, yet others with the same payment details, etc. would. Didn't make sense, yet I kept getting "You can't say this, you can't say that", so I went, revised all the ones yet--again--only to get this nagging: "Your description is too long, please shorten your description." error message & yet other listings with the SAME length descriptions posted just fine! GRRRR, called Ebay, the first time, lady hung up, 2nd time got put on hold forever, then the lady came back, told me to go to their live chat--which the link isn't at the top anymore, you have to 'hunt' for it--she guides me through to finding it....oh gosh~!!!! I let her go because I found the live chat. Clicked it, guess what????? After choosing your issue, I got to sit and watch it try to load while at the bottom it says: Unable to connect to server!" UGH! Never got ahold of anyone on there! GRRRRR! So I go back, try to keep revising these listings that won't re-list, and they still don't work. Called Ebay back, yet again...told the guy(poor guy!)to please not hang up on me, please listen to me so I can explain it all and don't send me to the live chat either so I don't feel like I'm watching paint dry! LOL Anyhow, told him my issues, all be darned, he goes to my unsold items and clicks the one I'm trying to relist, doesn't revise it, re-lists it just fine!!! OMG! LOL I'm like "HOW'D you do that???!!!!" He told me and WHEW, got that done! But dang, all this to list things....geeeeeeeez! LOL I'll keep coming here though...lol Thanx!!!!
That's what I was thinking lil shops! I've been busy today with lots of things but wheweeeee, feels so right to be able to list again! LOL And to think I took out on lil box & that fixed that and the guy on Ebay fixed the other issue...well told me how to get around that. LOL It's been a looooooooooooong past 2 days I tell ya!

Can a person with insomnia be charged with resisting a rest??
quote:
Originally posted by womandi:
I can't tell you how many times something should take me THREE minutes to list but Auctiva's SCREWY html editor makes me waste THIRTY to 40 minutes!!! to list a $3.99 tiny item with 4 sentences. It doesn't matter if I use IE8 or Firefox. The html editor is screwy!!

I list 20 to 30 items a day with no problem.

Can you explain a little more on what the problem and how are you doing things,

Do you cut and paste? If so what are you cuting from.

Or do you type everything in? Are you working in standard mode or HTML mode?

I'll see if I can help.
Same issue...usually with formatting.

I think the problem is that a lot of editors (mine included) use previous versions of HTML or XHTML. The Auctiva editor strips and re-codes any non current HTML. Problem is, eBay doesn't care really...or at least has a better code engine.

I like using my old WYSIWYG editor but the Auctiva code engine tears it apart.

Work around: when listing, copy and paste your older code into the HTML side of the editor...not the standard side. NEVER go back to the standard editor. Finish your listing (shipping etc.) and SAVE. You can then preview your listing from the saved listings page. If you need to edit anything (the text or any part of your listing) you'll have to go to the HTML side of the editor again...delete everything and re-paste.

Another issue is that once listed there is no changing. If you go to edit inside eBay the formatting will get junked again and unless you want to wade through all your code there's no going back.

I also suspect the scrolling gallery script is not properly closed and it's formatting is bleeding through to the listing.

Just my thoughts...not up to speed on current HTML.
Littleshopoftreasures

I would clear cache and cookies, write support and let them know you did that. Then send them a couple of examples listings this is happening on. I had this issue in past and it was truly irritating.

There are at least two other threads on similar issues so sounds like this is an ongoing issue that needs to be worked on.

Vickie

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.