The new uploader looks promising -- one thing that is desperately needed is the ability to add a new folder from the uploader UI. I'd suggest adding '<New Folder>' right after 'No Folder' in the 'Folder:' drop-down list. Then prompt for the folder name and description when the user clicks 'Upload'. Ideally, the most recent folder choice would be remembered for next time. If '<New Folder>' was selected, then that should be remembered. I typically upload to a new folder each time. I hate when I forget to select a folder and my pics end up in some old default folder.

Good luck with this.

Steve
Have used the new uploader (almost daily) for over a week. Vastly superior to the previous uploader.

Is it possible to specify a default folder on my computer for it to start from? When I go to upload, it doesn't always take me to the same folder, and I often have to start over from the top of the drive where I store images. Not just a waste of clicks, but repetitively so.

Still a great improvement over the previous WJE.
I uploaded 316 photos today which took 1 hour and 10 minutes start to finish. Seems slow but not sure if its my end or Auctivas. Took 15 minutes to prepare the pictures for upload.At least i didn't have to keep adding the next 40 as usual but i think i would have got the 316 up in half the time doing it the old way.

Anyone else found it that slow?
quote:
Originally posted by 1984vtg:
I uploaded 316 photos today which took 1 hour and 10 minutes start to finish. Seems slow but not sure if its my end or Auctivas. Took 15 minutes to prepare the pictures for upload.At least i didn't have to keep adding the next 40 as usual but i think i would have got the 316 up in half the time doing it the old way.

Anyone else found it that slow?

Hi 1984vtg,
Could you provide us with the average size of the images you are uploading? Large batches can take longer (depending on internet connection speed and your own computer's capabilities).

Unlike the current Aurigma uploader, the new uploader works within your browser, so we don't have much control over how fast it will work from one person to the next (though we tried to identify as many possible trouble spots when building it to minimize issues.)

Thanks for your input!
Look for the new uploader to be released today (2/24/15)!

HudsonRecords & KWB thank you for your suggestions. We'll see what we can do. This uploader is tricky in that we don't have the flexibility to do much with it (like we did with the old one.) But, we will investigate and see if any enhancements can be made in the near future.

Thanks!
quote:
Originally posted by ed neff:
where will the old link be placed for us dinosaurs?

thank you


Hi Ed,

I'll post this in a more prominent location later, but here is the link to the Aurigma uploader http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/8.0.49/Default.aspx

Folks can also request the link via customer support, though we aren't able to support the Aurigma uploader for too much longer. Google is set to disable Chrome's ability to run Java plug-ins in April of this year (unless a user knows how to fiddle with their browser settings to allow it.)

We were able to build a 2nd version of the new uploader (for people who have trouble with it) that you can also try. It will automatically load if it detects that someone is using IE 9 or older, old versions of Safari on Snowleopard, old old versions of firefox Wink , etc.

Thanks!
I love this new version of the image uploader. The prior version defaulted to browse the desktop (top of the window) where I never store photos. No need to scroll down anymore.

The only issue is after selecting images while working in a listing, it plops them in the frame in randomly in any order. This is challenging for variation photos. The photo names are hidden.

They do upload in order, although there is no sort when you right click.

As as others mentioned, the default folder in my profile is not selected as with the older version.

Thanks!
I can't get my images to load at all...it says that it automatically resizes and optimizes images before uploading for faster uploads, but when I go to the loader it has two selectable options for maximum picture size; I suppose that's why? The old one didn't have that. If I've got to manually resize a couple hundred photos before I can load them that's gonna take A LOT of time. Time I do not have. Very disappointed. Please bring back the old version?????
Hi hydrogeo99,

If the images won't upload at all, there is probably a technical reason why. Without knowing anything about your system settings and browser being used, it's hard to say. Please file a customer support case so that we can look into that for you. If you had tried the beta version of the uploader and are now trying to use the full version, you may just need to clear your browser's cache.

You do not need to resize your images prior to uploading with the new uploader. We do resize images before uploading automatically to make uploading faster.

The option to let users choose what maximum size they save the images as in their account has been been around for several years now, we just added it to a more visible location so users are aware of this feature.

As we've mentioned, we will not be able to support the old Aurigma version past April due to Chrome ending support for Java. However, you can still access it via this link http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/8.0.49/Default.aspx until then.

Hope this info helps!
New uploader is terrible. Yes it may seem cool and flashy but in reality it takes me twice as long to upload photos as before. Not only do I have to manually select which folder I want to upload from (previously it remembered after the first time) but now You also have to upload the photos then wait until they are all done before clicking "done" otherwise there is the risk your pics will get deleted due to errors.

Tonight I tried uploading 11 pictures at one time. With the old setup It would take between 45 seconds to a minute to do this. The new system kept throwing an internet error "something went wrong" halfway through the upload and it refreshed the whole page, (which also deleted all of my entered info on the listing). I was finally able to successfully upload all photos after 8 minutes and only after uploading 3-4 at a time.

After all that said this new system has potential but I feel is not ready to full blown use, learn from issues in the past and make sure it is fully operational for all users softwares and browser choices before making it the only option to use.
Hi

I had thought I read that there was an automatic "sensing" of older versions of ones browser and a different version of the uploader would be sued in that case. If I am remembering currently, it appears not to be working. I am using an older version of Firefox and when I click on upload the first picture appears and no others. This same symptom happened when I tried the uploader in the Beta program. My version of FireFox is 28 and I am using Windows XP SP3. Did I misunderstand?

I found the quote about the automatic sensing
quote:
We were able to build a 2nd version of the new uploader (for people who have trouble with it) that you can also try. It will automatically load if it detects that someone is using IE 9 or older, old versions of Safari on Snowleopard, old versions of FireFox, etc. “so how can one try that uploader"


Again, I do not know why you would discontinue the old loader simply because Chrome will not support it. There are a lot of us who do not use Chrome so why not keep it around longer than April does



quote:
As we've mentioned, we will not be able to support the old Aurigma version past April due to Chrome ending support for Java. However, you can still access it via this link http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/8.0.49/Default.aspx until then.
quote:
Originally posted by ed neff:
Hi

I had thought I read that there was an automatic "sensing" of older versions of ones browser and a different version of the uploader would be sued in that case. If I am remembering currently, it appears not to be working. I am using an older version of Firefox and when I click on upload the first picture appears and no others. This same symptom happened when I tried the uploader in the Beta program. My version of FireFox is 28 and I am using Windows XP SP3. Did I misunderstand?

I found the quote about the automatic sensing
quote:
We were able to build a 2nd version of the new uploader (for people who have trouble with it) that you can also try. It will automatically load if it detects that someone is using IE 9 or older, old versions of Safari on Snowleopard, old versions of FireFox, etc. “so how can one try that uploader"


Again, I do not know why you would discontinue the old loader simply because Chrome will not support it. There are a lot of us who do not use Chrome so why not keep it around longer than April does



quote:
As we've mentioned, we will not be able to support the old Aurigma version past April due to Chrome ending support for Java. However, you can still access it via this link http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/8.0.49/Default.aspx until then.
This new feature takes twice as long as the previous...I use Chrome and choose the pics I want..it was 14..it then goes thru slowly and gets the pics, then I have to hit upload and it "prepares" the pics and then slowly uploads..took a full 5 mins.
The reset button did not remove the old pics when i was using an old template and I then have to reset again and choose the pics in order i want them to post to the listing. It is taking twice if not three times as long as previously. How is this good. it is the same if I use my older macbook air or my brand new mac pc.
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Rebecca:
quote:
Originally posted by 1984vtg:
I uploaded 316 photos today which took 1 hour and 10 minutes start to finish. Seems slow but not sure if its my end or Auctivas. Took 15 minutes to prepare the pictures for upload.At least i didn't have to keep adding the next 40 as usual but i think i would have got the 316 up in half the time doing it the old way.

Anyone else found it that slow?

Hi 1984vtg,
Could you provide us with the average size of the images you are uploading? Large batches can take longer (depending on internet connection speed and your own computer's capabilities).

Unlike the current Aurigma uploader, the new uploader works within your browser, so we don't have much control over how fast it will work from one person to the next (though we tried to identify as many possible trouble spots when building it to minimize issues.)

Thanks for your input!



VERY SLOW>>>HATE IT
we dont all use chrome so why do we have to change..just tell users not to ise Chrome..too easy??
OK, well I updated my Java and that at least allowed me to load pictures into the viewing window...so I suppose that was the problem. But now all of the pictures I select will not load. Tried 12 at first since that's about what I used to be able to load with the old image uploader, but it only displayed 9 of the 12 pictures, and not in numerical order. So I tried again and got the dame result. Third time I tried to load just 9 pictures, but only 5 showed up, again, not in numerical order...just random. Fourth time, I tried to load just 6 pictures and they all showed up in the viewer. Uploaded them to a folder set up in Auctiva without any other problems. Upload speed was about the same as what it used to be, only now I'm uploading HALF the number of pictures I used to be able to upload. So overall, seems to be a much slower process. NOT HAPPY WITH THE NEW LOADER. I'm using the same camera with the same settings and the same computer, so it has got to be the "new and improved" Auctiva Loader that is slower.
quote:
Hi

I had thought I read that there was an automatic "sensing" of older versions of ones browser and a different version of the uploader would be sued in that case. If I am remembering currently, it appears not to be working. I am using an older version of Firefox and when I click on upload the first picture appears and no others. This same symptom happened when I tried the uploader in the Beta program. My version of FireFox is 28 and I am using Windows XP SP3. Did I misunderstand?

I found the quote about the automatic sensing

quote:
We were able to build a 2nd version of the new uploader (for people who have trouble with it) that you can also try. It will automatically load if it detects that someone is using IE 9 or older, old versions of Safari on Snowleopard, old versions of FireFox, etc. “so how can one try that uploader"



Again, I do not know why you would discontinue the old loader simply because Chrome will not support it. There are a lot of us who do not use Chrome so why not keep it around longer than April does



quote:
As we've mentioned, we will not be able to support the old Aurigma version past April due to Chrome ending support for Java. However, you can still access it via this link http://www.auctiva.com/Aurigma/8.0.49/Default.aspx until then.
I wonder can those who create these uploaders confer with Chrome and see what insight they have to offer or at least help out. My computer is an old XP professional, I only use my computer for email, banking, FB and doing ebay....I am really not familiar with all aspects of what a computer can totally do, in other words I am illiterate when it comes to computers, but not dumb enough to think that the new up-loader is all that there is out there. I want to experience that "warm fuzzy feeling" when I click on to my Auctivia, not dread
Other than my initial stupidity when using the new uploader i am very surprised that I have no complaints. It IS somewhat slower but I can live with that, just to be done with all the Java nonsense.
There is one thing...I thought I read here somewhere (can't find it now) that after uploading pics WHILE doing a listing that they should automatically appear in the listing. (Like they used to) As others have said, they don't. Mine don't either and I have to go back and choose them. It's no big thing to me, I never upload alot of pics at one time but I could see where it would be annoying for those who upload a LOT at once.

I am using Vista with Firefox. For me at least, so far so good.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
×
×
×
×