Skip to main content

I can't list until you fix the server so that my images will show. It seems that all my listed auction images are not showing as well.

It is important today since it is Fixed 10¢ day. My sales always increase on any of Ebay's special days. However I can't sell if no one can view the images attached to the auctions

So please hurry ... Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Great idea so hopefully he will read this thread

I also cleared as many as I could which was not a lot as I normally clear them as soon as the item is mailed to the bidder

I wonder if it possible to transfer ¼ or more mages from the overloaded server to another server just for today to help with seller's auctions because of the 10¢ fixed fee?
quote:
Originally posted by Dgoodin:
I doubt Jeff is awake yet, but when he does get to work..

Jeff, why don't you post a message to the login page asking sellers to remove un-needed images to free up some system resources?

As you can see, many of us are ready to get to work Big Grin.

My thoughts EXACTLY

Knowing that this is a freeservice people tend to abuse it, as well as sign up and import listings and then never to come back again. These accounts should be removed after X amount of time to free up the space for those of us that NEED and USE the service for its intended purpose.

Just a thought?
So now it's the users fault that the provider can't keep up? I don't advocate laziness on the part of the users, but neither can I condone it from the provider. You can't run an operation like this and expect it to stay under some certain threshold - especially on 10 cent listing days. If I ran MY business with service this poor, you can bet I'd be without customers - especially if I had problems and didn't bother to give them any information about it.
I never said it was the users fault or the providers fault - I just offered a suggestion.

We already know there are bandwidth issues and Auctiva will be switching companies and we know we are going to have problems until the switch is made but ...

Deleting the inactive accounts and kindly asking memebers to remove old pictures that are no longer in use would help clear up some of the space.

At least Auctiva is working on a long term solution to the problem unlike other services I have used in the past!
I just tried to delete some images from auctions that recently ended. When I tried to permanently delete them, there's the good ol' Auctiva error again. I can write a listing, but errors occur every time I try to add images. The server is so screwed-up you can't get rid of old images - not permanently. And now we have a 10 cent listing day that will be useless if we try to list through Auctiva.
I agree with wahm922.

Just before CHRISTMAS I dropped Vendio and was going to use Auctiva. Then Auctiva had those problems so I lost a lot of money.

About 3 days ago I dropped SdGallery as I thought Auctiva was finally fixed and now this.

So today I went back to use SdGallery until Auctiva is operating again.

I believe in loyalty and helping just one company but nowadays you have to split your loyalties in half.

Thanks for the reply wahm922 as it might help someone
Hey - Auctiva has great potential, and really good offerings - I don't deny that. What they need to do is turn it over to someone who will run it like a real business instead of a hobby. I go back to the BBS days, and ran several with Telnet services and such, and would NEVER let this kind of mess happen. With other folks' finances involved, if Jeff can't manage, then for the sake of everyone he ought to turn it over to someone who CAN...
I am like everyone else as I am not very happy over this and have express this a few times in the past with similar situations.

However as a seller I have to take it on myself to find alternative methods if I don't have the power to correct this problem.

Regardless if it is free or not the service should not be offered and not function correctly. But the key word is free so I have to take that in account and if I don't like it then I need to move on.

I can express my unhappiness over this situation and others like it but I can't make any demands since I am not paying anything for this service which is why I put "Please" in the title

So like I said earlier ... Please hurry as you can see a lot of sellers like and depend on your service.
quote:
Originally posted by kc425:
You can't offer a service that means financial loss or gain to people, then not expect demands - regardless of the cost. This is just irresponsible.
What I would appreciate at this point is a notice being posted saying what your best guess is as to when the problem will be fixed I like Auctiva and intend to keep using it, but if the problem is not going to be fixed in the next hour or two, I will need to reactivate my SD account and get back to work listing items. The fact that today is a 10 cent listing day just makes it more of an issue.
Auctions that already have bids on them can not be revised. That includes having access to manally insert the new photos image url and also changing the html in the descriptions for the descrption photo. I have auctions which have only one bidder at the low starting price. The management here is not giving us any indication of when the black out will end. That is bad business alright.
I'm sure that the fact that this happened on 10-cent listing day is just a tragic coincidence. I assume that this is the big server change. What ticks me off is that there hasn't been one official word about what's happening and when (or if) it will be corrected. I can deal with posting stuff the old way -- after all it is a free service. What bothers me is the images that have disappeared from listings that will close today.
C'mon, tell us what's going on, please!
From what I've seen, I wouldn't try AOL's image hosting. Some sellers that I see using that have images that load very solowly or not at all, so it's no better than what we have here. Damned irresposible to just leave us all hanging like this, without a word, apology, kiss my a** or nothing. Is this great improved service going to compensate everyone who is losing money due to pictures not being displayed on auction items that are ending? We'll probably just get another email from them in the next day or so, saying how many improvements they made, and how happy everyone is. Like when the commies still ran the Soviet Union. That system bit the big one, too - yet they kept telling people every day about how great everything was, and how happy they should be. On a bigger level to be sure, but the exact same kind of mismanagement and ignoring of facts. Like I said, this idea has great potential - how about turning it over to someone who will DO something good with it? And where's that improved support they sent us all emails about?
Three thoughts:

1) Keep an eye on the News section of these forums.

2) The major issues with the site are claimed to be bandwidth issues -- which means deleting unnecessary images won't help.

3) It's been said many times on this message board that they're moving their servers to a co-location that can meet the company's needs and that this is supposed to happen towards the end of this week.
I am a bit dissappointed that no one has aknowledged that there is a problem or has advised us when if how it will be fixed.
In desperation I went ahead a revised some of my auctions that were ending in less than23 hrs, but more than 12 hours and made them into 10 day listings. The ones that are ending this afternoon I figure i can't do much about.

But I agree we should all have a back up plan- which sadly I dont have so....A hunting for a back-up-plan I shall go....
The apology and a handful of money would resolve the issue - as in all of the money people lost from the service ONCE AGAIN going down, and nobody even saying a word or deeming it necessary to alert us or give us any clue as to what was going on. Yeah - great support - thanks for the email you sent us about your improved support.
quote:
Originally posted by becki t:
Well I must admit that I only visit the boards when there is a problem- and I should like suggested "keep an eye" on them- that way I am prepared & aware. couldn't seem/ cant find where auctiva staff has warned- advised or commented on them being down. Am I overlooking a post?

Well, it's been referenced quite a bit but in the News section you should find a posting of the press release about Herakles, the new co-location where they're moving the servers. This is supposed to fix the bandwidth problem we've (we as in we users) been suffering with lately and is supposed to take place towards the end of this week.
Hi all,

We had an image server crash in the middle of last night and we've been working since then to correct all the image availability problems caused by this.

Images should be back up for almost all users now, and for those users whose images are still not up, they should become available in the next few hours.

Sorry for not posting here until now...I had previously posted this info in the image hosting section.

-Mike
hippophile1,

Concerning the issue of "Loading Image" being displayed in the store window much of the time...

Please read the following post for more information on our current bandwidth issue. Until we are able to resolve this situation, we are limiting the number of listings displayed in the store window to 8, and turning off store window images during peak hours.

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/455...161084551#4161084551

This issue will be resolved once we move to our data center on either Thursday, 3/2, or Monday, 3/6.

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by becki t:
Well I must admit that I only visit the boards when there is a problem- and I should like suggested "keep an eye" on them- that way I am prepared & aware. couldn't seem/ cant find where auctiva staff has warned- advised or commented on them being down. Am I overlooking a post?

That is my problem. I'm too busy to keep coming to the board to check for new issues or reoccuring issues. Would be nice if they could send out a bulk email to all of us informing us what is going on. I spend my nights and weekends listing, I do not have time to keep referring back to here to find out what the new problem is.

Also, I manage my images on a weekly basis. I delete out old images all the time to help but I realized that yes I move to the delete file but Auctiva does state that those images stay there for 30 or 45 days (I forget which) before deleting completely. So what good does it do for all of us to delete. Maybe Auctiva could put in a feature that if we wish to delete immediately we could. I do believe that would help. Then yes its off the server completely. Would this help the bandwidth issue?

Also, I've noticed that when I generate a listings, (I use firefox) sometimes the page is still loading when I'm finished with everything but the images. Go to click on the box to add image, window pops up to show images and it hangs. No images to pick nothing just half a green bar if that. If I go back to the listing I noticed its still "loading" bottom of screen states "Waiting on auctiva.com" , if you click on the "stop loading" button (big red x stop sign) then the list of images load up and I can pick which ones I need.

Weird how that works. Auctiva PLEASE PLEASE do not come back and say "its a browser problem" because its not. I do not have a problem with any other site or any other browser until I try to get onto and move around Auctiva.
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi all,

We had an image server crash in the middle of last night and we've been working since then to correct all the image availability problems caused by this.

Images should be back up for almost all users now, and for those users whose images are still not up, they should become available in the next few hours.

Sorry for not posting here until now...I had previously posted this info in the image hosting section.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.