Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

i'm having the same problem too-everything looked just fine wheni logged in..was working on item details; after i finished tried to save; confirmation panel ghosted red then green and confirmed the save, but it's not there and now none of my listing profiles are there..

And BTW guys i use MS IE so it's not an exclusive firefox problem
I have tried IE, FF and Safari with the same problem. Sometimes descriptions load OK...but at other times they load as a ghost then slowly fade away and sometimes the description section just loads up blank. Very frustrating. Also don't like that they took away the "drag and drop" image loader that only worked with IE. The new image loader is much slower no matter which browser I use!
I'm having the same problem. At first I was getting something HORRIBLE with blue-on-blue and everything all on the left side of the screen with all the links in one long column, but refreshing got rid of that.

But now I';m having the ghost problem. I even tried using the "IE TAB" that can be used in FF, and it doesn't work either.

I can't list!!!!!
Firefox 3.0 is what I am using and the same thing is happening to me. This is why I continue to pay for Mr Poster. If this is still a problem tomorrow I will forget the nice looking listings and list with Mr Poster
What always bothers me about the online version is that there is never anything on the website which tells you if there is a problem. If there was, we wouldn't waste our time trying to list items during this kind of a downtime
Hi Community,

Our technical team implemented a fix that we hoped would resolve this problem last night, however, you may need to clear your cache for your browser to load the new code from the lister page. You can clear your cache in the Firefox browser via the following process:

-> Please select "Clear Private Data" from the "Tools" menu, ensure the boxes next to "cache" and "cookies" are checked, and then click the "Clear Private Data Now" button.

Once this process has been completed, close and re-open your Firefox web browser for the changes to take effect. Also, please ensure that only one browser window is open when you are doing this or your cache may not empty properly.

If you continue to experience this problem after clearing your cache, please let us know by posting to this thread.

-Mike
I did check the IE side and it still works fine for me. You can tell its a little glitchy but usable. Everyone needs to keep in mind that with Ebay constantly changing there site that all sites like auctiva also have to adapt to the new rules and changes. When the auctiva site had that major picture crash awhile back I noticed then just how many users on ebay are using auctiva as a host for pictures and listing. Its pretty massive.
Here is what I sent to Auctiva today AFTER being told yesterday to clear cache (I always know to do those cookies/cache etc stuff)
Posted Thursday, 9/4/2008 6:27 AM After saving auction because NO way to POST as all buttons NOT active except save . cannot use 'charges ebay' .. cannot see what I wrote . not able to scroll text I wrote .. Mike . it is a MESS .. I thought it would be working today . NOT .. I have a screen shot of what it looks like .. cannot use bold/color/font anything there .. it is like a veil over everything . IF it shows at all . sometimes it is totally gone.. the HTML button does NOT work . I don't want it anyway .. the large page does .but NO way to select anything/buttons there only SAVE ..

I wrote to you yesterday .. all I got was 'let me know if clearing cache/cookies/etc. does not help' . I replied and was sent back here . meanwhile, I gave up and about to give up totally .. NO MORE LISTING .. I will NOT use IE .. says it is supposed to work w/Firefox . that is what I have 3.0 .. does NOT work at all . I wanted to add a 'saved' pix .. the numbers do not move . there are NO numbers as there always were .. A MESS! AND it keeps changing from $ to C

The Auction IS saved in my listings .. along with a bunch of ALREADY SOLD listings .. but it is a HUGE MESS!

Thank you ..

Customer
Posted Thursday, 9/4/2008 6:30 AM I just SAVED it again and takes me to SAME AUCTION I HAVE been working on for HOURS . DAYS .. Again it has C and NOT $ .. a HUGE MESS .. I give UP! .. null

Here is what was came up after I saved .. start new auction:
(Removed URL I sent to them) .. I also have a screen shot of the GHOSTING .. cannot do anything ... why NOT put it back as it was? ..
Customer
Posted Thursday, 9/4/2008 6:32 AM BTW . I TOTALLY know how to clear all cache/history/cookies .. and do it constantly .. a HUGE MESS is all I have to say .. now I have two listings of same auction or is it 3 . there were 4 yesterday

Thought I would Add to the FORUM .. did NOT get any reply to 'add to ticket' .. I am sure they are trying to fix it .. but have a feeling I won't be around 'in life' before it is doneSmile I do NOT like IE .. Chrome is NOT something I want to agree to their terms .. soooo I shall just go away and buy something .. Y'all should read what google wants you to agree to in the EULA before using it! ..

Ooops already did that .. something else I did NOT need ..

I JUST managed to get Auctiva to POST to eBay . BUT only via saved listing page .. Other page still ghosting .. buttons do NOT work .. did NOT seem to work when I said "LIST" . .then got a popup asking if I wanted to . yes, then said was .. IS NOT like it was with little dots going across . but there it is in my eBay .. I revised it there . BUT still would not take MORE photos and sooo .. really is NOT working properly .. IMHO .. but Mike & crew will probably get it together? ..
Last edited by suds
I have found a way to list it may all go terribly wrong but will wait and see......
using firefox...have discovered that if you dont have the desc box and you enter all your other details then do an error check.....after the error check the box magically appears....then i have to add the description...error check again....images....error check.....preview and if it looks okay schedule....and hope it works

seeing as no response from auctiva
quote:
Originally posted by inkycorrado:
I have found a way to list it may all go terribly wrong but will wait and see......
using firefox...have discovered that if you dont have the desc box and you enter all your other details then do an error check.....after the error check the box magically appears....then i have to add the description...error check again....images....error check.....preview and if it looks okay schedule....and hope it works

seeing as no response from auctiva

Interesting find....

I also tried it with a blank new listing page to force the frame to load. That seems to at times work too (more than one try was required on several tests). It does make me think there is a "loading" function that's not getting completion correct 100% of the time. I was also able to Preview the test, so save does work.

Oh...and Auctiva is asking for feedback for problem on a thread in the "Getting Started" section.

Danno
Hi Community,

Update - Our technical team just pushed out another fix that we hope will resolve this problem and it would be great if a few of you can let us know if the problem is still occurring. Again, you may need to clear your cache to make sure your browser loads the new code from that page.

If you continue experiencing this problem after clearing your browser cache, please let us know by posting a reply to this thread. Thanks!

-Mike
Same here. How are we supposed to list an ad when we can't see our own description. "Saving" it doesn't work. Sometimes the pics load, sometimes not. Sometimes the font/type stays put, others times not. Auctiva not responding to emails.

The past month has been a horror show.

I'm sure our user agreement makes ALL of this OUR fault.

Again, I guess what we pay for.
Mike,

I cleared cache and cookies. Got a saved page to load (one created today) and description frame did load OK.

Tried the same with the new Listing page, and no load. Same white. Tried the trick with running Error Check, and it sometimes loads for a short time and then winks out. 3 attempts and no load.

Went back to the prior Saved Listing and it DOES LOAD the frame.

Don't know if that's a partial fix for Saved ones. But, it's at least a problem not 100% fixed.

Danno
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Mike D.:
Hi Community,

Update - Our technical team just pushed out another fix that we hope will resolve this problem and it would be great if a few of you can let us know if the problem is still occurring. Again, you may need to clear your cache to make sure your browser loads the new code from that page.

MikeSmile . Thanks for YOUR reply to my MANY additions to first complaintSmile .. I DID get the ONE auction UP . WAS not able to put the photos on that I wanted there .. Only way I could get the photos was to UPLOAD again .. remove what was there . upload . .sooooFrown .. I could NOT put the paypal logo there .. NOT a problem as it says so .. but used to be able to remove number on each photo and change them around (Firefox) . I have NO other auctions to post ..

I DID find that IF you use the LARGE editor you could change things.. but could not use buttons there .. I revised via eBay to make the changes could NOT make here ..

I will not use IE . we do not get along w/each otherSmile ..

Thanks, Mike!

If you continue experiencing this problem after clearing your browser cache, please let us know by posting a reply to this thread. Thanks!

-Mike
Mike .. OKSmile . I just went into an auction I had
LONG ago . did NOT sell .. I was able to add photo as before .. #9 .. AND .. all TEXT showed up .. It IS an OLD auction from March . .think. .but still IT seems to be FINE? .. I did NOT clear cache or cookies this time . forgotFrown . but it worked and yet with the one (auction) did post a bit ago .. did NOT work with Firefox 3.0 .. is it just a coincidence that I tried with an old auction or not? .. Dunno and Not planning on listing anything else today .. Smile

OOOPS. dunno what it is . .decided to go and try a false listing .. same thing as before . totally blank page (description) .. I did not try adding any pix to it . soooo IT worked fine with an OLD listing.. but NOT for a new oneFrown
What a mess! Who cares how the site looks. It doesn't work. I'm having multiple issues.
1. No saved descriptions showing.
2. Save, Post, Schedule tabs not working.
3. Changes in details profiles not being saved. This has been on goinfg on for weeks.
4. Combined and promotional shipping choices not being saved. This has been going on for over a month!
5. Live Chat unavailble for 2 weeks.

Bottom line is no listings today! And of course I blocked today specifically for listings.

Ever get the feeling that Ebay is making sure that Auctiva can't keep up with these changes so you are forced to use them for listings and pay the schedule and template fees. Greed-bay just will not quit! I am always being hounded by Ebay solicitors who are pushing Vendio, Channel Advisor, Kyozou etc as services. They never recommend Auctiva. Seems to me they are trying to eliminate them. I have stuck by Auctiva for over a year but the frequency of issus is becoming just that: frequent.
Extremely frustrated and losing money by the second...
SNL Industry
Mike,

To be clear on what I'm seeing....

The two onclick links for HTML and Full Size Editor do appear.

The code that immediately follows that involves an IFRAME for a reference page that I'm guessing is the editor frame load. It's that specific code that sometimes appears and either winks-out or fades to white.

I did look at the Template editor for a quick check, and didn't see the problem. Does look like it's using similar code for the top page. However, that page initially loads with HTML view instead of the page layout view.

Danno

Oh...and should add that I'm not seeing any errors, hourglass, or any indication that the page load isn't complete on failure.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.