Skip to main content

I have been looking at the other areas, and evertime I see someone asking for help or stating there problems I notice Auctiva Jeff,
(Auctiva CEO, Premier Poster) keeps replying a link back to this forum with no further explanation? If you have time to do this, Jeff, can't you fill all the unwashed users in with your explanation or estimated fix time? I'm starting to think CEO stands for CANT, EVER, OFFER EXPLANATION!
Thanks in advance for no reply!
quote:
Originally posted by mattroy:
ANYBODY OUT THERE HAVING ANY LUCK YET?

Hey guys!
I have been with Auctiva for a number of months now, and LOVE this site...even with the occassional bugs! I have to agree that it is frustrating (not to mention, bad for Customer Service) when your requests go by unanswered. In all fairness, Jeff & Mike are usually good at communications and getting to the root the the problem...I don't have a clue what the problem is with them today!

Here's a suggestion: (Whenever their servers go down, this is what I do) Go to eBay and relist your item through them. As long as you have previously listed that item, the ad is the same...all you have to do (if necessary) is make some revisions, and post. I know this is an imposition if you have bulk listings to post...but it CAN be done.

Hope this helps ease someone's frustrations just a wee bit until we can get back to business as usual!
alittless...that's exactly my problem. Everything I'm trying to list today are all items that were not previously listed. Some are higher $ so I really need the extra pictures.

I've cleared out my cookies and my cache and it still doesn't work. Mattroy and I are in the same area so I don't know if it's now just in certain places. I've read on some of the eBay threads that it works fine for some people...so it may be a local thing. Darn AZ heat!
Well, I just deleted my cache, my history, and my auctiva cookies, and rebooted my machine again. After doing all three in that order, I was able to get in and create a new listing to post. Hopefully it actually makes it to eBay, as I really needed to get the listing up tonight. I'll play around and see if I have problems with saved listings and what not.
I finally got a listing pasted from word, from earlier in the day, to save in a listing.... I then finally got a dozen pictures uploaded, then when I think everything is working, I click on the add images button and get the same GARBAGE SERVER ERRORS!!!! Either FIX this ^%#$$##@ing thing Auctiva, or let us know something. We're supposed to be partners in this remember? (Insurance) Let your partner know something!!!!!
I'm not sure why jeff's link took us here. I did find a post of his that offered a "work around"

Instead of using a bookmark or typing auctiva into the hosts field, he gave the ip addresses of each of the servers. if you put any one of these numbers in, you will go to one of auctiva's servers directly. if one doesn't work try another one. keep trying until you get one that works.

Good evening everyone -

I am sorry this is my first time near a computer this weekend otherwise I would have chimed in sooner. Although I don't have details to tell you right now about what the actual problem is, I know that people are working to solve it.

I also wanted to say that we are working on solutions so that in the event of problems/site slowness/happenings that need your attention they are communicated to you as soon as possible.

We have seen some good suggestions from some of you and we are working on some other ideas as well. I know this does not solve any problems immediately, but I wanted you to hear it from us that we know communication is important and we take it very seriously.

Cara
quote:
That's just me!
That's a pretty good policy. In this case those are our IP's. You do need to be extremely careful though because someone could create a message board account that looked like one of ours and then posted fake IP's designed to steal your userid and password.

Hopefully everyone here uses different passwords at every site they use which is a good security practice.

I was getting the error everyone else here was getting earlier today but ever since then I've tried and tried and tried and I can't make it happen. That is sooooo frustrating...
Jeff I understand that it is very frustrating but please put yourself in our shoes our businesses are dependant upon you keeping your website working 100%. This is not acceptable whether your site be free or a pay site. You may be working very hard to find the problems but we deserve some answers as to how it is going and what you think the problem is. This is really starting to become sparedollar all over again.
Hi there Jeff!!, Fairy Odd Mother Here, I know it can be hard to be a CEO, but one of the hardest things to learn is that secrecy does not WORK!!!. You need to level with us what the problem is and what you are doing to correct it, how long it will take, what you need from us. You may be surprised what help you can get. You need to keep in constant communication with updates. You have the start of a great program, don't drop the ball on communication. Where do we stand now???
quote:
Originally posted by mattroy:
I just worked very hard the last 20 minutes and created alisting. I havent added the pics yet, though, and I hit the save button and cringed.... It actually saved! I hope were out of the woods!
Boy, you are very optimistic or just very cheap. Haha! I'm on my 5th item using the regular ebay listing.
I called and told them that I couldnt even request help because of the ERRORS. He sent me an email just now:

Hi,

Just talked to you on the phone. I was going to try and have you hit a direct server, but it looks like the problem is universal accross all of our servers. All I can say for the moment is that we're working on fixing the server error that is currently coming up on the servers. We'll most likely post a message to the community boards when all is well.

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/ubb.x

-Kevin

I guess I'll use eBays Forms...What choice have they left me?!
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.