Skip to main content

What the heck has Auctiva done with this upgrade? I listed 11 items this evening using Edit on previous listings. Every one shows the main image as the one I listed but in the description the previous images are shown and no matter what I do I can't get rid of them and put the correct ones in. I am having to cancel every listing, which eBay will quite happily charge me for, until I can sort this out, probably by doing a complete new listing for each item which makes the editing facility of Auctiva an utter farce.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I've just had to cancel three listings that posted with the previous pictures, which I'd deleted, too. WHAT A MESS!!!!

The Choose a Catagory section is a nightmare, not showing catagory headers, just making those of us who list across catagories have to try and guess if we pick the right catagory for a very loooonnng laundry list of incompletely identified choices.

I am so sick and tired of changes being instituted that obviously aren't fully tested. Auctiva, are you trying to be just like Ebay, itself...just what I need!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm past aggravated.
Gah! All of a sudden several (about 30%) of my folks are reporting that they cannot pay for their items (Auctiva checkout). Inventory functions are not working now in either IE or Firefox, and I'm having to use eBay for relists for my free shipping items.

I'm all for new stuff, but could we be a little less beta on the production releases? Is a rollback completely out of the question at this point?
I've been with Auctiva for many years now, and let me say that I'm extremely happy with their FREE service. I think sometimes a lot you users forget this! These guys work tirelessly on what some would think minor or "why didn't I think of that" problems, day in and day out; for our FREE service. They are always curtious and respond promptly to our emails. I dare you to find a better, more free service. Just want to say thanks Mike and your team for the great service! I for one, appreciate it! Big Grin
I agree with you turningpointent, Auctiva provides a great service, but don't confuse it with "free as in beer". They get ad and insurance revenue driven by us and our customers. So, we are paying with our mind share and sometimes our customer's good opinion (in the case of the "Thank you" spam notes).

All in all, I still think it's the best deal going, but it could be even better.
Hi turningpointent. I totally agree with you, Auctiva is the best and the support team are outstanding. BUT when an upgrade isn't working right for whatever reason it costs money when listings have to be cancelled on ebay. That's the annoying bit plus having to revise and relist. It all takes time and the main reason we're all using Auctiva is to save time and ebay fees. Auctiva is a great listing tool but it needs satisfied customers.
Guys, I understand your concerns. Not one website or program out has ever been released without problems; Microsoft, Adobe, the list goes on forever. Your right, we are the Beta! But the more we communicate with eachother and the support staff, the better and faster the issues are resolve. I'm sorry rubberduckproductions that I've never posted before, but don't think for a second that I'm a Bot from Auctiva or an employee from Auctiva. You can pull me up on eBay; turningpointent, and before that, lilothedog. Iv'e had to close listing before too; lose of revenue is good for business. But I have to say that Auctiva's track record thus far has been in our favor. I just think credit is deserved where credit is due. I think these guys are doing an outstanding job. That's my two cents, the rest is free!
I thought I was going bonkers, I keep thinking I'm the one doing something wrong. I tried to list something and got to the images that was loaded, then I tried going to template to select, nothing worked, then I tried to check shipping, preview, save and all I kept seeing was the circle trying to connect but nothing would appear. I finally gave up. Does anyone know if I have to fix something in my computer?
I have had no problems in the past been doing it for over a year. All of a sudden this. I also tried to relist items and change the images and get an error box and another box with confirmed images, but it does not load to the listing. I'm frustrated.
Grandma J
quote:
Originally posted by flipperfeet:
I don't like the upgrade. Put the original one back. The upgrade doesn't let me take uploaded pictures and add them to my auction.
I also have to spen so much time scrolling to find what I want. It is like someone just through links on the page.

Please change it back to the old way!!!! Please!
Auctiva has let us down before. I've gone from a smooth listing operation to a complete shutdown (except for loading images one at a time). Their BETA application didn't work (and users told them so) and now they've removed the applications that did work. I've tried everything, including updating my Windows and Firefox browsers, all to no avail. If/when I let my company's clients down, I'm held accountable because they rely on my work. We rely on Auctiva's representations about the services they provide, so we are well justified in expecting accountability from them as well. I don't see any.
I usually just set back, read, and watch. But today i am really tired of this. The New Upgrade Is awful, The Blue hurts my Eyes, plus i cant read the Lettering very well, and my fingers are sore from Scrolling!Thanks for the Free Service Auctiva, But i think maybe its time to check something else out. With all the down time on here lately, I might be saving money by going back to Turbo Lister. At least My listings go Roll Eyesthru.
quote:
Did you ever think that half our upgrades are to update to match eBay's features? Lol. If they add a feature guess what we have to do.... that's right, add that feature.

Jeff:

1st, I love your Free Service and Kudos to Auctiva.

However, please ... please ... PLEASE do some QA first before making the updates "live". Have your QA tested the new updates on a "staging" environment first?

This new upgrade "SUCKS" and just about everything is not working correctly.

You should roll back until you guys get it right.

Thanks.

Update:

A staging environment should not cost your company a lot of capital to host. Also, you should consider asking the community to beta test the proposed updates on the staging sites before releasing it.

I understand that eBay is making changes that Auctiva need to reflect. But from the look of it, the recient eBay changes will just increase. Because of this you guys should emphysize on Quality Control even more. Since even though the service is free.. sellers that list 100s-1000s of listings per week CAN NOT afford to have your site go down everytime you guys decide to make an upgrade.

The above is just my humble opinion and my 2 cents Smile.
Last edited by jj2008
So the fact that the opening page on AOL is all blue with only text justified right is from the "Update"? I do get a normal opening page on Firefox. But I tried to do a listing tonight and I have no text box for my description! OK, I thought I'd just save my listing, that maybe it was the normal Thurs evening up-whatever. But none of the buttons worked at the end for "save, post, etc."!
PLEASE tell me this will be straightened out tomorrow!

I don't mind using Ebay's lister, except when I have a bunch of photos to post. But I may have to default to them for a while.
quote:
PLEASE do some QA first before making the updates "live". Have your QA tested the new updates on a "staging" environment first?

We did 3-4 weeks of QA with a staff of 5 or 6 full time QA. Including testing on a staging environment. While it might seem like everyone was having problems, they weren't. Sellers listed more items today than they have in weeks even with any issues. Obviously it did stop some sellers from listing though.
quote:
A staging environment should not cost your company a lot of capital to host.
We have around 2 million lines of code running on around 100 servers. Obviously a full blown QA environment was and continues to be quite expensive.
quote:
o the fact that the opening page on AOL is all blue with only text justified right is from the "Update"?

No, that's caused by a browser problem with caching. Clear your cache. Yes it stinks to have to do that, but it takes a few seconds, very easy. Clearly it is a browser cache problem since a simple refresh fixes it and no changes are requird on our end.
Hey I'm all for complaining. I do prefer productive complaints though. Stuff like "IT SUCKS," is not of much help. So if you do complain at least include enough info that something can be done.

I don't think I've ever said anything along the lines of "it's free, deal with it." A lot of people reading have but I don't think I or anyone at Auctiva has ever said that or lead anyone to believe that is how we think because it's not. Wasn't sure if that was addressed to me or not.
Auctiva claims to have adequately tested the "upgrade," which might better be termed a downgrade or a disaster -- and I say that at least for those of us who don't live in the United States, and consequently don't have the fastest Internet connections and might not have the extra $2000 to buy the latest high speed computer. The BETA version of the uploader was slow and Auctiva users pointed this out. Now we get an even slower uploader that won't allow the user to select the images he or she wants to upload. The only workaround I've found (since I received only a useless, patronizing "try it again" form response to my service request) is to move the images I want to upload into an empty file on my computer and then upload them en masse using the "select all" feature on the new, very slow uploader, while I go out for a coffee or a bio break. A simple solution (it seems to me) would be allow the user to select whether to use the old or new uploader. For me here in a major foreign city, the old uploader was efficient and trouble free. As I don't need to see images of what I am uploading, I'd never use the new turtle-job if only Auctiva had the sense to give me the option. Anyway, I'm tired of the prattle over who should say what to whom because Auctiva is "free." Some straight talk is needed from Auctiva.
quote:
As I don't need to see images of what I am uploading,
How many images do you have in your folder that you use to upload images? The problem is firefox users that have tons of images. It has to create thumbnails for every image in the folder on your computer each time you go to upload images. So either use Internet explorer uses activeX and thus is able to use the operating systems version of the thumbnail and so does not need to create them every time. So try IE to upload your images, or don't keep a billion images in the same folder on a slow computer. Put the images you intend to upload into a brand new folder, then select that folder. Then firefox only has to create a few thumbnails.

Also this is not new to this update and was introduced in August so it would have been better to post this in a new thread or in one of the threads already about this. It's sort of confusing as it really has nothing to do with this update yesterday.
I recently received around 5,000 items on a time sensitive consignment. These are old comic books, require large pics, and lots of listings. Yesterday I went to my clients house to show him his listings. They looked great and he was very impressed with the big pics and the template. THEN I went to show him how it's done. QUITE embarrassing to have error after error after error during my demonstration. Luckily I have nothing scheduled and will just wait this out. I am a NEWBIE, but have used the service for around a year. This is simply killing me.................Upgrade? Why don't we call it what it is...Downgrade
quote:
Posted September 04, 2008 09:09 PM Hide Post
quote:
The last update on the site issues thread was 6 hours ago
There were updates at 3:30,5,6:30, and 7:51 in the big thread with ghost in the title. The main thread was updated a little while ago with some fixes we feel more confident about.

I didn't have a "ghost description" and would not have expected the updates to be posted on that thread. With workarounds, I was able to list even though it was time consuming. I do think this would have been a good time to post the alert sign and update there.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.