Skip to main content

Well I hope you really want feedback as to how to improve the site! Smile So far I've found the listing process fairly strong but it could get even better so I thought I'd share some of my feedback.

One, every time I choose no counter and save(with shipping or payment info), it automatically reverts to the sellathon counter (I don't like counters on my auctions) - that should be a savable parameter.

two, It would be very nice if we didn't have to enlarge the shipping information box for each auction - just leave it open so we can specify shipping charges without having to save changes and wait for it to reload each time.

Three, why does it save and not automatically go to the scheduler when you hit the schedule auction button? having to then scroll down and hit post a second time (and also then to have to turn off the sellathon counter a second time) is rather burdensome.

Four, I would think that the image chooser would logically be easier if organized so that newest uploaded pictures were on the first page(s) rather than at the end - the more someone needs to surf their images the longer it takes for them to select them. By that same token get a page jump command at the top of that window, don't make people scroll down when looking to jump to their newest images. It might also be logical to throw some built in folders on that first screen - images 1)unused, 2)currently listed, 3)unsold, 4)sold, and 5) stock (or often used). It might make navigation easier, especially if you have a few hundred images floating around.

Lastly, perhaps there should be an option for your new listing page to be the user's standard format, instead of just "new listing" and then making them choose their standard format. I tend to use the same format time and time again and the more times you need to choose something and wait for your chosen format to come up gets wearying when listing numerous auctions. Speed is part of convienence and the faster and easier this becomes the more likely people are to use it.

Hope that helps your design team.

and thanks for all your hard work!

Jonathan
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think that the things listed above are only the beginning. Here has been my experiance over the last 10 days.....and I am not mentioning the little things that just "ANNOY" me.

When I discovered Auctiva I was very excited....thinking that I had finally found a service that would polish up my auctions and allow me to schedule my listings. What a ride in hell this past week has turned out to be. First I encounter your check out service...forgive me, but that should not be turned on automatically when you sign up. Then I somehow discovered that I could not post listings (duh? what was I doing wrong??) finally realizing that it was not me but Auctiva! Then when I ask about the problems....I get told some lame stupid excuse and the questions I specifically asked go unanswered! And my auctions go with out photos...which means either I don't sell them at all or for less than what I might have. Then the biggest little secret that you all have kept so well hidden is about the combined invoices not working when you use Auctiva. The headaches and time wasted in the last couple of weeks absolutely make me sick!

So honestly....I feel your sneaky and dishonest ways have really spoiled something that could be so good! I can do with out all of the pain in the ass stuff! I need to be efficent because the time that I am able to set aside on ebay has to count and spending 9 tries before my listing finally goes really does not qualify! It would be cheaper for me to pay for the listing designer on EBAY.

So you asked....I told you! I really don't want to hear any more lame excuses from Auctiva back either. Unless you have something that tops an apology just take what I have said to heart!

Lisa Long
whoa, I was trying to share some things I thought might make the site better, not open a forum for disgruntled comment makers to whine.

So far I've loved what I've found here, although I have found a bug and it's probably the same one this other guy mentioned. Some of my buyers have been telling me that checkout is through auctiva now and not direct through e-bay's paypal service and that they can't get on to pay. Is there a way around that? So far that's the only major flaw I see with the service and thanks for listening - I see some of the things mentioned in my first post have already gotten smoother (either that or my machine was buggy in the first place).

best to you,

Jonathan
This is just the topic I'm looking for... I think this is an amazing software to be available for free, so thank you! I've just been using it a short time and plan to continue. I'm looking forward to the enhancements. However, there are a few "annoying little things" I would like a place to mention.

I find the My Ebay screen has some critical features for watching my auctions progress and for post-auction activities that are not in Auctiva active or closed listings pages.
    I wish I didn't have to keep both open or switching back and forth between Auctiva and My Ebay.

Annoyances:
    [LIST]
  • can't see # of watchers on active listings page. (I really like seeing #hits though)
  • closed listings page does not show final price or # of bids, and does not show accurate payment status (at least today it's not - PayPal paid item still says awaiting payment)
  • it seems like every tab has "Saved Folders" and I keep having to create the same folders over and over - why not create folders once and be able to use them in all areas of the site?
  • I would like to have an easy way to move the Store Window to the bottom of my listing rather than having to put in the HTML - why not have a simple selection option on the template screen to control this, or in the Store Window options?
  • I would like to have a template with the image display option used in ebay where there is one larger image and several thumbnails, and clicking on a thumbnail automatically makes it the larger image.
  • combine info on the Sales -> Transactions page with the Listings -> Closed Listings page. Would like to see this all on one page, along with final price and total #bids, and quick links to leave feedback etc like on My Ebay.
  • When adding images to a listing, if there are several images it's not easy to replace one image with a different one. First you have to remove the current image, but then the other images move over so you have to add your new one at the end or re-do all of them. It would be nice to be able to add several images and THEN determine their order, or change their order easily.

Anyway just a few thoughts for ease of use... Thanks again for this great program.
Similar thoughts, Conceptually I think the web based listing tool is very well thoughtout. IN implementation I think it still has a way to go. My friendly suggestions are:

1. The tool is way too slow, it takes way to much time to complete a listing, perhaps 5 or 10 times as long as when I use a PC based batch listing program. I see this as the major issue at this time.

2. Need to allow for more customization, as others mentioned having a default profile automatically load would help.

3. Catagory chooser also runs too slowly, may be better if allow for some level of default category on profile, for example I sell postcards if profile would allow me to keep as default. collectibles > postcards, postcards, united states and then I just picked the state from a drop down box each time that would help, or perhaps make the categories list and chooser a distributed application running and stored on the users PC to greatly speed up execution time.

3. After using error check and going next to schedule very often the data gets dropped from the item description box this requires me to use the back key to get to the actual version with the data. I think some sort of caching or timing problem most likely.

43. overall congrats are in order the tool has great potential. I hope you will work hard to greatly increase the speed at which it runs and fix the more minor annoyances.
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Tom T.:
3.) not much we can do about that. It's eBay way of doing things. A lot of the code for those pages comes from interfaces eBay gives us to display categories. Their categories are a huge amount of data because they are so large, and that is what takes the time of loading. You will notice that after you've used a category we store it in your favorites list so that you dont need to load the category page. Also you can write the category # down and enter that directly on the listing page and bypass the category picker page.

Just a thought. Wink

Could it be possible for Auctiva to store all categories at Auctiva. Have a process interface with eBay to check if eBay makes any updates in the categories then update your local copy accordingly. That should reduce the two round trips to one.
Two Round Trips: eBay <---> Auctiva <---> Client Browser
One Round Trips: Auctiva <---> Client

Another thought, when categories downloaded, can it be cached on the client? If it was one file that's been included in the app and downloaded to the client, the browser might be able to check if the file has been updated on the server (Auctiva), if not, the local (cache) copy can then be used instead of take a copy from eBay/Auctiva every time.

Hope that makes sense. Big Grin

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.