Skip to main content

When the Store Window goes wonky, people really get frustrated and frantic. What I'm wondering is, do people really count on the Store Window that much?

To me it just seems like a bonus. If there are no images it's not much help, of course, but even if it shows closed auctions or the current bids aren't updated I figure it's still a good way to show people a general idea of what I sell.

Also, I'm guessing (though I'd love to know for sure) that most eBay buyers who are intrigued by the items in the Store Window will go up to eBay's own link for "View seller's other items" rather than clicking the Auctiva link.

So I guess my question is about the Auctiva store too. What do people get out of it? Is there so much fuss about it simply because they assume buyers are checking it out so they want it to be accurate, etc.?

The Store (which I don't make use of) and the Store Window (which I consider a great bonus) are just extras for me as what I really like Auctiva for is the scheduling, templates and super-size images. So I'm genuinely curious why people care so much about the other stuff.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I don't know. I never paid that much attention to my darn store window until the "big move" of the servers. Smile I didn't have anything to do because I couldn't list, so I went around reading the message boards. Then I got all wigged out about the store window and realized the darn thing doesn't remove items that sold--not until time runs out. And I literally hate going in there and trying to figure out which listings to hide. That window is like a thorn in my side if I look at it. It's never up to date--often shows items that have sold weeks ago.

And the reason people care about it so much is because if it's scrolling nothing, maybe buyers will think you haven't any more items. And really, if it's scrolling up to 16 items, that's nothing compare to my listings. I know it's impossible--I'm not trying to knock Auctiva at all--but I wish the darn thing would slowly scroll through all my listings. And I know that's too much to ask.

And to be honest, part of the problems I have with the window are my own laziness and nothing to do with Auctiva.

However, I also have to say that after I began using Auctiva and it's window--my sales increased. So even though on some days I detest the thing--I still love it. Wink

And I shamelessly promote my other items and store in each listing. It's like I'm subtly shouting to each potentional buyer, "pppluuueeeesssee click on the link. Oh, oh, purrrty pleeeeaaase. Look in my store!!" Yeah, yeah, I know it's awful. But a big reason I do auctions is to drive buyers to my store.

But, I'll always have a love/hate relationship with my Auctiva window. But I'd rather it be there than not. Thanks Auctiva. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by annkate:

However, I also have to say that after I began using Auctiva and it's window--my sales increased. So even though on some days I detest the thing--I still love it. Wink

And I shamelessly promote my other items and store in each listing.
But, I'll always have a love/hate relationship with my Auctiva window. But I'd rather it be there than not. Thanks Auctiva. Smile

Pfffft! <shrug>
I don't go ballistic because the scrolling gallery isn't working. I just go on about my business and I know it might be a temporary glitch or Auctiva burp that works itself out in a few minutes.

I too have a love/hate on the scrolling gallery.

I personally like it and will sit and watch for more items if I come across an auction that has one of Auctiva or Vendio's scrolling gallery.

I do LOVE the fact that I can color coordinate it and I do love that I can personalize it with my OWN messages/name/etc. My previous service had a blah gray gallery. I like that I can make this more my own with personalization.

BUT....I do feel for my customers on dial-up. I know that it slows down the auction for them and I wonder if they move along.

This is one reason I do like that the scrolling gallery has click Click here to Visit My Store. At least if they customer is on dial-up they can click that link.

I have been debating trying the other type of gallery as an experiment. Perhaps summertime when it's slower.

To answer your question Rick, Nope..I don't flip out. But then it takes a bit to tick me off enough to flip out. <smile>

Take care, Donna
I loved Auctiva's store gallery when I was only listing in auctions. However, now that I have a store, I use eBay's store window instead, as I prefer to have items from the same category as the one in the listing showing in the window and this is available with eBay's. For those who have an eBay store, you have the option of using either showcase. I also prefer to have someone who clicks on the link via the showcase to go directly to my eBay store homepage, as I have this customized with my different category links.

I too love Auctiva for the free templates, extra pics, pics located at the top of description, supersize pics, one page lister, scheduling, etc...and when I did use the store window, just considered it a great bonus.

When there are problems with Auctiva, it can be frustrating sometimes, but I don't get too bent out of shape...I know it will be resolved as soon as possible, and I like the features I just mentioned too much to go back to listing through eBay. Thanks Auctiva!! Smile

nightowls

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.