Skip to main content

P.S. With all these changes... they should change to Emazon or Amabay!

What is totally messed up is that they want "enhance the buyer experience" well I bought templates on ebay, but wont be able to use them (no fault of seller)Think Im a happy buyer??? Notice how ebay doesnt have a feedback system for ebay performance? I got an email saying its a ten minute servey about my seller experiences with ebay...anuone else get it? Thanks, Suzanne
I would suspect a Template with eBay sanctioned code would be usable. I just don't know how radical the changes will be to use of elements like background, etc. It's possible they won't be allow as a detraction from their view of "Buyer Experience", which seems to be the excuse for any unethical conduct they want to justify. If your music play method meets their list of eventual methods, it will be allowed. Flash Players won't be allowed, but that's not what you're doing. I honesty suspect there will be changes coming that may make some 3rd party features less attractive or unusable. I believe eBay is looking for any means to add to their bottom line, including take-back of territory granted to the 3rd parties. However, if eBay is truely going to RETAIL MODEL 100%, then small-business and the 3rd parties might have no venue for operation anyway. The surviving Power Sellers and big corporations will tow the eBay line, using pure eBay services in big fat packaged discounts (already being discussed and granted).

I know Auctiva is at Live! Chicago. The reports I'm getting are almost shocking: low attendance, empty booths, no registration line, and near fist fights and shouting matches over the policy changes. YouTube has some interesing video broadcasts on the subject. I'm not there and happy to not be there.

As I said....I'm on break while the insanity continues to mount. I did get a great BD present for my 5 yo grandson on eBay, just a few weeks ago. He loves McDonalds and Jurassic Park. It's what made eBay great; that rare thing you could only find on eBay. Sad, that era is coming to an end. Here's what I found....

McDonald's 1993 Employee Jurassic Park Cap

Tell me your going to find THAT at BUY.COM. Roll Eyes

Danno
Last edited by danno
Hi Danno,
You are sooooo right & thanks for the info! I dont know how anyone codes...Im a dyslexic accountant (for real) & wouldn't know javascript from hieroglyphics! OOhhhh hes going to love that hat! I will have to look, I have the original Jurassic Park VHS still in shrinkwrap, if I can find it, you can have it for helping me. Your right ebay is the only place you could find that. I have to say that as a single mom, anything Ive ever needed I found on ebay for a great price...well except for a spouse...but we wont go there...if we did lots ofpeople would be trading up! Big Grin I really wish Auctiva would lauch their own auction site...life would be easier! I came to Auctiva because of the free pics & templates. I am curious though...is there another way to list thru ebay & use my custom template & be able to have multiple pics w/o having to pay for them...or would I still need a 3rd party like Auctiva? Thanks sooooo mcuh for all of your help!! My coder thanks you too & has learned a lot from you too. Thanks again,Suzanne
Suzanne,

You might want to show this page to your coder.

http://pages.ebay.com/newitempage/

It's the new eBay listing format. Notice the Description section is more tightly bounded and suggested as "Safe" due to elimination of active content. That first test I did of your background for the Template area only, is what will probably be required for this new look (if backgrounds are permitted). That's one reason I tried that approach first (you may need it later).

I don't have a VCR any longer, but Grandma (the X) might. Do they list X-Spouses on eBay? CraigsList is probably a better venue (list with LOCAL PICKUP), as the FV probably won't cover the Fees on eBay listing. Also, high PayPal risk for charge-back on basis of NOT AS DESCRIBED. OK....now you got me being BAD. Big Grin I'm honestly volunteering my time as a THANK YOU to Auctiva for the last several years of wonderful service. I decide to do that on my non-participation and ethics review break.

You can export the Auctiva HTML code from the Saved Listings page and do additional enhancements with a code editor.

I too wish Auctiva would Auctiva-te their own service. Jeff (CEO) is a very strong proponent of eBay as the only game in town. Funny how today's game is often tomorrow's cast-away. Look at Yahoo today vs. 10 years ago. All you have to do is visit the Yahoo vs. Google main page to understand why.

www.yahoo.com

www.google.com

Note the clog of ads and unwanted intrusions at Yahoo and the beautiful simplicity of Google's for the purpose of both: SEARCH. Compare that now to eBay's main page and recall the day they also focused on use, instead of this twisted "Buyer's Experience", which is honestly seen as detractions and intrusive by most. Corrupting search only intensifies that feeling by many. Off my soapbox for now.

Danno
Hi Danno, see you were thinking about it too...I do have to say I agree with you on the Local Pickup....it should be legal if we mark them Buyer Beware WYSIWYG LOL!! Ok I'll be good now! Big Grin

I have a zinger for you... I have a template that I have use for several listings, but this is the 1st time I have sold an item using it. PLEASE HELP!! I have listing # 300237914310...the item is:
1. sold
2. still showing on my active page marked as ended (where time left is)
3. not visible when I look for it in my store but can be found thru the advanced search.

I have sent a combined invoice to my buyer to see if it would disappear from my active page once I have combined it....its still there. What is causing this & have you ever seen this? Any help would be great!! Thanks much, Suzanne
Eek

quote:
Originally posted by Danno:
Suzanne,

You might want to show this page to your coder.

http://pages.ebay.com/newitempage/

It's the new eBay listing format. Notice the Description section is more tightly bounded and suggested as "Safe" due to elimination of active content. That first test I did of your background for the Template area only, is what will probably be required for this new look (if backgrounds are permitted). That's one reason I tried that approach first (you may need it later).

I don't have a VCR any longer, but Grandma (the X) might. Do they list X-Spouses on eBay? CraigsList is probably a better venue (list with LOCAL PICKUP), as the FV probably won't cover the Fees on eBay listing. Also, high PayPal risk for charge-back on basis of NOT AS DESCRIBED. OK....now you got me being BAD. Big Grin I'm honestly volunteering my time as a THANK YOU to Auctiva for the last several years of wonderful service. I decide to do that on my non-participation and ethics review break.

You can export the Auctiva HTML code from the Saved Listings page and do additional enhancements with a code editor.

I too wish Auctiva would Auctiva-te their own service. Jeff (CEO) is a very strong proponent of eBay as the only game in town. Funny how today's game is often tomorrow's cast-away. Look at Yahoo today vs. 10 years ago. All you have to do is visit the Yahoo vs. Google main page to understand why.

www.yahoo.com

www.google.com

Note the clog of ads and unwanted intrusions at Yahoo and the beautiful simplicity of Google's for the purpose of both: SEARCH. Compare that now to eBay's main page and recall the day they also focused on use, instead of this twisted "Buyer's Experience", which is honestly seen as detractions and intrusive by most. Corrupting search only intensifies that feeling by many. Off my soapbox for now.

Danno
Hi Suzanne,

The item is showing as ended with Buy-It-Now (BIN) at eBay. Listing looks OK and the Shipping and Handling section correctly shows "Save on shipping. This seller offers shipping discounts on combined purchases." as indication the combined shipping rules are working for Invoice.

Sometimes, BIN transactions don't seem to sync-back to Auctiva very quickly. Invoicing is done at eBay, so the sync back of the combined should show on the Auctiva Sales Transactions page. Are you using eBay or Auctiva checkout? I did find a trick one time to get a sync on Transactions. I started an Add Insurance to an item from the Transactions page, and then backed-out before purchase. That seems to shake the puters into life and force an update with eBay. hehe Smile I don't know if the trick still works, but see if you can shake the eBay and Auctiva puters.

OH.....Don't shake them too hard as they both are in Northern Caly, and probably too close to the fault lines. Big Grin

Danno
Hi Danno,
I think I confused you... I use ebay checkout. It is showing on the my ebay page as a listed item...that has never happened before. I have no idea how to use the Auctiva transactions page. I tried before but it never matches the ebay one...1/2 of my relisted items show 0 in Auctiva, like they aren't active but they are. I just use the ebay view instead. This item was a store inventory item...As soon as an item is bought it disappears from the my ebay view page. I want to get it off my ebay view screen but want it to remain in the sold view. I dont know what I just said but Im sure you did! Thanks, Suzanne Big Grin
quote:
It is showing on the my ebay page as a listed item...that has never happened before.

Wooow! That's a new-one on me. I use eBay checkout too. Did you just get the new "My Bay" page (I did). That's not an Auctiva problem. That's an eBay problem. I'd get with their Live Help and ask why it's showing Active. It could just be one of those currently too often eBay glitches. I know they had an announcement "ALERT" yesterday (July 1) for checkout problems (theirs). Maybe that's the tie to cause.

Danno
Hi Danno, I will check again with live help. I did before & they told me it was an Auctiva problem but I didnt think so. My page looks the same...I dont believe I got the new one. Do you have a link to the new page? I will get back to you after I chat with ebay. Oh, about last time & how everything old is new , thought you would get a chuckle from one of new templates..take a peek #300237907190 & let me know what you think. Big Grin Thanks much, Suzanne
quote:

Definitely a winner! Big Grin Beach Boys and summer fun themes are <==HOT==>. I remember dancing to that tune at parties as a kid. Do we shag? Miss the Myrtle Beach Carolina Spring Shag. Can't do it well since my knee injuries back in Sept. 2001, but I still like to watch. Note to UK members....that's a dance and not the Austin Powers other. hehe

I took Thomas to Wall-e last night. It's great for the 5yo group and Grandpa liked it too.

eBay seems to like me for testing their new stuff. I wonder if I'm on the 1st to get list for the new listing format. If so, I'll post a mock-up on the practiceboard for code (when I start listing again). You're going to need that to rework the templates for the new format.

There are some places over at the eBay Forum I'll check for similar problems on Checkout. Don't you love the way they immediately accused Auctiva for a problem with their item status. Almost best to not even mention Auctiva with them to start. All the #@%&$ changes they're making and everyone else is at fault. Roll Eyes

Danno

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.