Skip to main content

its now march 7th when will the site have pictures...12 hours or 24 hours..i just spent alot of money on ebay and i have nothing showing...there are also images that never showed up in gallery and you were not under maintanance then..i have been putting up with this now for three months gritting my teeth and trying to forgive..but it seems you keep moving to different servers..knowing that you will have growth why dont you look a little further ahead and get the servers that will accomodate your growth instead of looking at it on a weekly basis of growth..your in this for the long haul so look out 2 years instead of 2 weeks..spend the money now otherwise people will go elsewhere. thanks for tour free service but get with the program!! growth prepare for it now!!
Someone was saying on a different thread that they pay $50 a month for Auctiva's service. I didn't know that Auctiva had a pay service - but many people would be willing to pay a monthly fee if it meant the service would be more stable. I am not going to complain about a free service being unstable. eBay is a second business income for me - my first is a web designer and I know that servers, etc are very expensive. It's hard to plan for that kind of growth on a limited budget.
THIS PAST 8 DAYS HAS BEEN BAD, FIRST AFTER POSTING AND TRYING TO POST WITH EBAY'S 10 CENT SALE, AUCTIVA SERVERS CRASHED, AND ONCE THAT WAS FIXED IT WENT OK, AND TODAY 3/6/06 IS THE THIRD SCHEDULED TIME TO SWITCH SERVERS. NOW THEY ARE DOING THIS WHEN MOST OF THE ITEMS LISTED FOR EBAYS 10 CENT SALE ARE ENDING. CUSTOMERS CAN'T SEE WHAT THE ITEMS ARE, GUESS THE 10 CENT SALE WAS A WASTE FOR MOST OF US. JUST WONDERED WHY AUTIVA PICKED THIS TIME TO MAKE THE CHANGE AFTER THEY POSTED A NOTICE IN HERE FOR THE BIG 10 CENT SALE. WELL GO FIGURE.
It's funny how people pop out of the woodwork when the sh!t hits the fan. I posted a poll last week asking if they should get it over with or if they should give us a weeks notice to get our acts together and make sure we are prepared for image outages. Everyone choose get it done. THen I come here the day they pull the plug and everyone is here to bitch.

Here is the link to the poll results.

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/579...51/showpollresults/Y

I posted it because I knew people would be upset when they pulled the plug. I thought since they postponed it from thursday to friday to monday they could at least extend it 9 days and send an email that on 3/13/06 the servers would be moved and we could decide if we wanted to schedule listing to end that day. No one responded so here we are. I know not everyone comes in here I usually don't but we are all here to bitch about it now.
quote:
Originally posted by efilnikcufecin:
It's funny how people pop out of the woodwork when the sh!t hits the fan. I posted a poll last week asking if they should get it over with or if they should give us a weeks notice to get our acts together and make sure we are prepared for image outages. Everyone choose get it done. THen I come here the day they pull the plug and everyone is here to bitch.

Here is the link to the poll results.

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/579...51/showpollresults/Y

I posted it because I knew people would be upset when they pulled the plug. I thought since they postponed it from thursday to friday to monday they could at least extend it 9 days and send an email that on 3/13/06 the servers would be moved and we could decide if we wanted to schedule listing to end that day. No one responded so here we are. I know not everyone comes in here I usually don't but we are all here to bitch about it now.

I didnt point any fingers and and I am bitching too.
OK here is the UPDATE:

They are still working on it. It will be done soon but not now.

If you had the time to read the alert you would have noticed that it said "it could take up to 12 hours to complete the move" now since auctiva started the move at 9pm pacific standard time that means it could still take 3 more hours because it's only 6:14am PST. By the way I was not saying you were bitching so whats the problem?
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Joe M.:
As you may have seen in the press release email sent out Wednesday, we are moving our servers to a new hosting facility. This will take place on *Monday* 3-6-2006 starting at 9pm PST. It is possible certain parts of the site could be down for up to 12 hours as we move, but we hope to have things up a lot quicker than that.

Regards,

Joe

I didn't receive any notification of the move due to no pictures showing I am now losing money on ebay.
they unplugged the servers and physically moved them from what I understand. It is going to affect the whole site except the community and I think support. They were not moving those servers so that in case the new data center goes down we can still file support tickets and get info in the community. But thats all after the move today. Thats how I understood it was happening anyway.
I actually posted spmeplace directions on how to sign up for sparedollar and copy and paste your listings to their site and get the html code so you could revise your listings ending monday and tuesday to be working at sparedollar but of course everyone here is much smarter and siad it wasn't worth the effort. Of course it only took me about 60 seconds per listing and I had working images on all my listings ending monday because I had a feeling they were going to pull the plug early. If people didn't think it was such a waste of time they would have working images too. I learned from sparedollar that it's not good to have all yor eggs in 1 basket especially on that site.
quote:

Um....I am sorry to say, but I have no reason to "pop out of the woodwork" and come here unless there is a problem and you are assuming everyone just comes here on a regular basis. I don't have time to come to this forum every day just to hang out and see what is going on. When my e-mail box started filling up with complaints with customers about no pictures in my 1500+ ads and when my eBud template refused to update this morning was when I decided to "come out of the woodwork" to see if I could find out what is going on. If I was properly informed about the possibility of issues I wouldn't have a reason to come here to bitch because I would have been aware that there would be problems and not surprised. The press release from Auctiva in no way mentioned any down time or possibility of issues and I shouldn't have to assume that there would be. I have reread the press release mutliple times (and it's not that long LOL) to see if I was missing something. Did I not get the same press release everyone else did because I am a paying "Classic Auctiva" user ? I am in full support of Auctiva and understand there will be growing pains. For all you 'newbies' posting here, I have been with Auctiva a long time, and I am a paying customer, not a free customer, so I have a good understanding of how things tend to work with Auctiva and plenty of experience dealing with it. Auctiva is a fantastic service (probably the best at what they do) with the exception of their communication skills. I have every right to be irritated (to say the least) about the situation. Lack of communication from Auctiva prevented me from being prepared for this issue otherwise I would not have "come out of the woodwork". Assuming I would or should come here to the forum or even to the Auctiva web site every day just to see if there is going to be a problem is unrealistic. If you are suggesting I have do that, then you yourself are attesting to the unrealiability of this service. As a long time user, I still give Auctiva a little more credit than that LOL.
quote:
Originally posted by dawnblue:
OMG!! LOL! That's a tragedy - the froggy isn't working? And IMAGINE - I'll bet everyone else is so busy yelling at each other, they didn't even know the universe was coming apart at the seems like that!!!! LOL

I wish I had seen your tutorial - I think it's a good idea.

I am looking for it. You could still do it if you copy and paste your title and description from your listings on ebay.

OK here goes again.

1. Open a free account at SD.

2. upload your images to SD.

3. make a profile and select a template. You can find custom templates in the forums under "templates" You have to join the template warehouse and they have tons of templates there.
(If you use a custom template you to copy the code and save it in the custom templates area, which is under the "listings tab" IN your profile you will see where it says "select a template" you will see their templates to the left and your custom template in the column to the right. Click any sparedollar template first, then click your custom template)

4. select your images, price, and any other options you want to use that are not going to change.

5. save the profile.

6. open a new listing and copy the title, description and shipping details from ebay and paste in the appropriate areas.

7. scroll all the way down and click "preview"

8. on the preview screen right click and the drop down window will open. You will see "view source" click that. a pop up window will open with the HTML code. right click and select "select all" in the pop up box that will highlight the code. Right click and select copy.

9. go back to ebay click revise your item, and select edit description. in the description box right click and "select all" that will highlight the auctiva code. Then right click again and click "paste" that will remove the highlighted code and insert the sparedollar code.

10. click save.

You now have images in your listing working off sparedollar not auctive.

11. Pray sparedollar doesn't fall apart while you are using them.

It's probably too little too late now but it works. It's not as hard as it sounds and it takes a couple of seconds once you get the profile the way you want it. They are also very easy to use.
quote:

I am looking for it. You could still do it if you copy and paste your title and description from your listings on ebay.

OK here goes again.

3. make a profile and select a template. You can find custom templates in the forums under "templates" You have to join the template warehouse and they have tons of templates there.
(If you use a custom template you to copy the code and save it in the custom templates area, which is under the "listings tab" IN your profile you will see where it says "select a template" you will see their templates to the left and your custom template in the column to the right. Click any sparedollar template first, then click your custom template)

4. select your images, price, and any other options you want to use that are not going to change.

5. save the profile.

6. open a new listing and copy the title, description and shipping details from ebay and paste in the appropriate areas.

8. on the preview screen right click and the drop down window will open. You will see "view source" click that. a pop up window will open with the HTML code. right click and select "select all" in the pop up box that will highlight the code. Right click and select copy.

9. go back to ebay click revise your item, and select edit description. in the description box right click and "select all" that will highlight the auctiva code. Then right click again and click "paste" that will remove the highlighted code and insert the sparedollar code.

10. click save.

It's probably too little too late now but it works. It's not as hard as it sounds and it takes a couple of seconds once you get the profile the way you want it. They are also very easy to use.

Oh you didn't have to go through all that trouble to find it for me - but I will definitely bookmark it for future use. Some people are also using img bucket for their picture host. I have my own website, so I might just host my own images. My website is always stable. Thanks for the tip -
quote:
quote:

OK here goes again.

5. save the profile.

10. click save.

Oh you didn't have to go through all that trouble to find it for me - but I will definitely bookmark it for future use. Some people are also using img bucket for their picture host. I have my own website, so I might just host my own images. My website is always stable. Thanks for the tip -

I didn't. I re-typed it. (froggy smiley sticking his tongue out)
quote:
quote:

OK here goes again.

5. save the profile.

10. click save.

Don't forget to inform people that after this month is up all their images will go *poof*

WTH would you waste time setting up an account you have to intention on using because Auctiva is down for a few hours just like they said it would?

doesn't make much sense to me!

BTW - I have had pics on one ID and not the other so I guess they are in the process of getting things back up.

There is no magic wand, these things take time so relax and come back later for an update Big Grin

Man life is so much more fun if you just stop bitching and complaining about everything Eek

Are we having fun yet?
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.