Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am having the same problem that Joeatact and attire4less describe. I have used Auctiva for months (with NO problems EVER), but when I went to use my "saved listings" today, each and every one of them is missing the description! (My images, prices, templates, counter, etc still show up though!) What is going on, and HOW DO WE FIX IT? I guess I could copy and paste from previous ads listed, but that would be awfully time consuming. There must be a better way?
I am also having problems with the description editor. They keep disapearing, and won't let me schedual. When I try to change it over to another option, like text view AOL boots me off!! This has happened both last night 1/13 and this morning 1/14. This problem has not been resolved yet?
The only way I found to get it to work is to pull up an old auction, and change the entire information to conform to the new item I am listing.
Maybe it will be fixed later, any info would be helpful.:-)
Thanks
quote:
Posted January 14, 2006 06:01 AM
I am also having problems with the description editor. They keep disapearing, and won't let me schedual. When I try to change it over to another option, like text view AOL boots me off

I thought I was going nuts, this is the exact problem I am having. All my descriptions are gone and when I try to change an option I get bumped off AOL too. Help!!!
Sammie
sellalot,

Hmm, what did the text editor do? Oh, actually, if you're trying to edit old listings and the new editor doesn't load the description, the text editor might not work either.

If you're trying to create new listings, you should be able to use the text editor and then save/post your listing. However, you won't be able to come back to it and make changes.

Anyway, will post back when we've got things fixed. Although it will most likely take an hour or two as I've got to wake some people up to get the site propogated to the live site with the changes to revert back to the old editor.

-Kevin
I have IE and Mozilla both. Had problems with both of them with the descriptions disappearing. I could get the text entered finally, but no logos like my ebay store, paypal, and bidpay. And, when I went to preview, and came back, the description area disappeared again. I too can only get the text editor to show when usaing my own html, no design editor. Then, the auction shows with html code in it, not regular text and logos.

I did go to edit my master profile, and most of my terms were there, then I saved it again, and that seemed to work when I went back to using my master profile, except for the clickable logos. I never had any problems before either, worked like a charm. I do love this site. Hope things get fixed soon. Thanks! Smile
I'm on IE as well, with Optimum Online as my ISP - My descriptions have also totally vanished - thankfully I caught the problem before my scheduled auctions posted.

I understand that you guys are moving back to the old editor until the bugs are worked out, but is there any way to get back the description I spent the last hour writing?

ETA: It came back - what a relief! Good luck with the new stuff, Kevin & crew. Smile

-Fox
I paid 2 employees an hourly wage yesterday to create the 70 listings that were to be scheduled today. When I got to the office today to launch them, all descriptions had dissappeared. After reading these postings on this webform, I see what the problem is, however, all of my items are linked to the descriptions by my Inventory number (in the description) so there is no way for me to find out what information goes with what item without completely re-listing every single item!! This has cost me hundreds of dollars in employee cost, not to mention my time, as well as now not being able to get these $10,000 worth of items listed!!! Auctiva, you should have had some sort of back up in place PRIOR to deleting everyone's descriptions! I just started using this service a few days ago and can tell you I am not impressed. This one ill-planned event could quite possibly run my entire business into the ground! PLEASE FIND A WAY TO GET THE DESCRIPTIONS BACK INTO THE LISTINGS. TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE.
Age, I don't know how recently you've checked the scheduled/saved listings, but I noticed mine reappeared about two minutes ago...I think they may have fixed the issue for the time being; see if your descrips came back.

Auctiva does have issues - many, sometimes it seems - but I keep reminding myself that the entire service is free; despite all the issues I've tangled with, I've definately saved more money than lost. I try to always switch to the html editor and cut and paste the whole mass of it to a word document before I post/save/etc from the editor - that way, if it goes poof, *I* have a backup.

-Fox
WHAT THE HECK. I restarted the listing I lost. I tried to select a template and I got "an error has occurred.....". So I saved what I had done so far, then pulled it back up again. The master profile I had selected when I started my listing had been deselected, which meant essentially that I would have to start over again if I selected it. WHAT IS THE DEAL!!
Foxfyre33,

When I looked at your saved listings I was able to see your descriptions without a problem.

Try going to the "saved listings" page and then marking the checkbox for one of your listings and then hit the "preview" button. You should notice your description appears as it should.

I did not look at all of them, so if you notice specific ones are missing the description, let me know specifically which ones those are.

-Kevin

-Kevin
agemortwo,

When I just posted above about checking the descriptions and seeing them, I meant to say your name, not Foxfyre33 name.

Did you try the preview option? That should show you that your descriptions are there. You could also try and post one, just make sure to do it directly from the "saved listings" page and not the edit listing page.

It's possible they are just not showing up in the listing editor itself.

-Kevin
I've scheduled five listings for later today and none of the descriptions show up if I look at them via the Scheduled Listings page.

However, if I preview them through the Saved Listings page I can see them (as Kevin suggested above). Does this mean I can feel confident about continuing to schedule more listings today?

By the way, I notice that the old editor is back but I still had the disappearing problem when I used it (I tried only once -- maybe it was right as it was being switched back, I don't know).

That's using Firefox. If I open up IE (which I hate to do) the editor doesn't seem to work.
Rick,

Yeah, your description is saved as it should be in our database. The problem is with the editor itself. It's just not able to display your description.

If you post your item to eBay from the "saved listings" page, it will correctly pull the description from the database and post it. Might want to do one and check it to make sure everything is good, just to be safe. Smile

-Kevin
::sighs:: Now every description I did is totally gone - not in scheduled, not in saved, not in IE, not in Firefox.

Kevin & crew - when is all this going to be done for good? I may just stay off Auctiva until it's settled, because I've spent half a day on three listings and my eyes are starting to hurt from staring at my screen too long.

-Fox
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Kevin K.:
If you post your item to eBay from the "saved listings" page, it will correctly pull the description from the database and post it. Might want to do one and check it to make sure everything is good, just to be safe. Smile

Thanks, Kevin. So scheduling should be fine, too, right? My listings aren't scheduled to start for several hours so maybe the question will be moot by then but are you suggesting we manually post them?
maxcat,

I see your descriptions when I preview. Is there a specific one that is not showing up for you, or is it all of them?

The good news (for you and everyone else so far) is that the descriptions are not lost, they are still in the database... there just seem to be issues getting them to display on the lister page editor.

agemortwo,

The best thing I can suggest is to try posting one of them to ebay and see how the table shows up. I know you and our support guy Mike were working on the table issues. Not sure what you guys did to get them to not appear so large in the first place.

-Kevin
agemortwo,

Did you post any items last night? Just wondering if they posted correctly while the "new" editor was live.

The HTML for the description is saved in the database and I'm guessing it would have posted to eBay exactly the same no matter which editor was being used. i.e., it would have been stretched last night as well.

I think we'll need to look at exactly what HTML was used to create those tables and see if there is something specific with it that is causing the stretching. I'll try and get one of our HTML guru's to look at it.

-Kevin
I just went to saved auctions, and then preview, and all of my descriptions are showing now. I'm using IE. I haven't tried it with Mozila yet. I did have to clear my cache with IE 1st.

Last time I cleared my cache with Mozilla, it acted so weird I couldn't believe it. Most pages wouldn't load the images, or if they did only half the images would load. It was crazy. It wasn't just this site either. I had to do a system restore to get it back to working right again. I am afraid to clear my cache with Mozilla again. LOL! I have no clue what happened. Roll Eyes

Thanks for fixing the editor for now. It's working for me.
Let's see, booky....i'm no expert, but if no one else answers, try this....

For Internet Explorer, go to TOOLS at top of screen, hit INTERNET OPTIONS then under the GENERAL tab, hit DELETE COOKIES and DELETE FILES. YOU'll have to re-sign into any sites where you previously entered a password & it was holding for you, but 'clearing your cache' does help when you'd least expect it--even on eBay.
quote:
Originally posted by 777blessings:
If so many people are having this problem, which I am having the same difficulty as others, then isn't it a problem on Auctivas side? We really need this fixed FAST!!!!

The problem originated from our site, but now browsers are hanging on to the old file that appears to be causing the problem, even though we've fixed things here we still need you to clear out your cache if you've visited the site within the last 24 hours Frown

Glad to hear things are working for you again judyw Big Grin

Joe
I've been on Auctiva since August, but this is my first post to this site. My descriptions are still not working.....the same problem everyone is having. I use IE. I cleared my cache. No luck. I solved the problem on my items by posting the items to eBay. Then I went to eBay and edited the entries on the eBay screens. VERRRRRY time consuming.

I would HIGHLY recommend to anyone out there to go to your recent auction listings on ebay and check them.

My listings showed the descriptions from my other listings, the ones from the templates I used. Everything was really screwed up. It took time to fix this. Hope Auctiva can get a handle on it. Yeah, I know it's FREE, but FREE means nothing if it doesn't work...especially to those who are losing money.

By the way, the new Description screen that was up yesterday with all the options was wonderful....while it worked. Hope Auctiva can get it back soon.

Finally, I guess I would hope that the Auctiva techs were REALLY concentrating on the problems at hand, instead of out there cleaning the leaves from their gutters!
rootbeer,

I see the item you created tonight does not have a description. I see that all of your old listings do have descriptions.

Is it just the "yo quiero" auction that you're having a problem with, or all of your listings?

Did it used to have a description and now it's gone, or it's a brand new listing that you've just tried to create and were not able to get it to save the description?

-Kevin

p.s. We've had a number of people working today that normally have weekends off. Jeff is the owner and I'd expect him to be doing exactly what he has been... telling us engineers to get things fixed.
Okay,

For those that are having issues with the old editor (after we reverted back to it this afternoon), if you were able to use the new editor without a problem, or if you just prefer the new editor, you can still use it on the beta site. The version of the beta site is exactly what we had on the site last night and this morning.

You can use the new editor here:
http://betatest.auctiva.com

WARNING: switching between the two different sites and using the two different editors may cause problems if you don't clear your cache. So, I'd suggest you clear your browser cache before you try the beta site.

-Kevin
quote:
rootbeer,

I see the item you created tonight does not have a description. I see that all of your old listings do have descriptions.

Is it just the "yo quiero" auction that you're having a problem with, or all of your listings?

Did it used to have a description and now it's gone, or it's a brand new listing that you've just tried to create and were not able to get it to save the description?

-Kevin

p.s. We've had a number of people working today that normally have weekends off. Jeff is the owner and I'd expect him to be doing exactly what he has been... telling us engineers to get things fixed.

Kevin, thanks for the quick response. Sorry to rag on the boss!

Yes, the Yo Quiero description did disappear.

Also, If you will to to my item: Pair of 1916 Chevrolet Quarter Panel X-Flag Emblems, you will see that it has the description for 1967 Plymouth Belvedere Hood Ornament.......which is the template I used to set up the Checvy auction.

When I go to the edit screen for 1967 Plymouth Belvedere auction and then go to "Preview", there are no pix and all the shipping and payment details are gone....it just says, Services Available." Any thoughts? Thanks.
8:43PM Saturday Jan 14
Use IE, AOL, Windows xp, nothing keeps my discriptions in place. All closed and saved auction descripts are gone, solid gone. Tried bringing in old txt from ebay saved auctions but they are scrambled mess that come and go. I find if I copy and paste real fast and then post fast, it at least gets posted, or I think it does.
Sometimes better is not better.
Nothing is fixed and I am loosing time and money too. I only have this weekend to get things listed, can we get it fixed just for the weekend!?
Yeah, I love Auctiva too but this is really bad.
Roootbeer,

For "1967 PLYMOUTH BELVEDERE HOOD ORNAMENT - 318 ENGINE", when I preview it from the saved listings page, I see all your description, images and shipping and payment info.

For the "1916 Chev" listing, I'm guessing that when you used the plymouth listing to create that new chevy listing it stuck with that due to the problems earlier. If you edit it now, it should save as it is supposed to. If the site fails, you might want to consider using the beta site as I mentioned above.

-Kevin
quote:
Roootbeer,

For "1967 PLYMOUTH BELVEDERE HOOD ORNAMENT - 318 ENGINE", when I preview it from the saved listings page, I see all your description, images and shipping and payment info.

For the "1916 Chev" listing, I'm guessing that when you used the plymouth listing to create that new chevy listing it stuck with that due to the problems earlier. If you edit it now, it should save as it is supposed to. If the site fails, you might want to consider using the beta site as I mentioned above.

-Kevin

Kevin,
For the 1967 Plymouth auction, try previewing it after you go to edit it first.
Kevin--

All my descriptions are fine now but I noticed something a little strange. On one of my saved listings there is no place for shipping and payment details choice and on one other one I have made a profile, I chose it, but it won't appear. Two of my listings are fine.

I haven't posted any of these yet. The two listings in question are titled (I think):

Vintage style red crystal necklace VALENTINES GIFT
Vintage style crystal and rhinestone necklace

This isn't a big deal. I wrote the shipping directions in another place. But it's kind of strange.

(I'll try a new listing tomorrow, too, and see what happens.)

Thanks
It's not hard to repair a kink in the system.... how ever it would be if you were getting slapped around while trying to fix it !

Well I was so sick when I saw my listings disappear. I was ready for a visit to the Porcelin Goddess to toss my cookies, When I decided to check the community board. I followed the instructions given by Kevin on Friday evening and Saturday morning.

Awesome sollution... It worked great here and I still have the listing editor. All my descriptions are safe and in tack.

A message to all....
It's not hard to repair a kink in the system.... how ever it would be if you were getting slapped around while trying to fix it !

Please give these guys a chance. Everything they do is FREE and we are given the opportunity to earn extra dollars via insurance. Lot's of great features that eBay won't give or they charge us for. Please can we be gracious and appreciative as well as patient while the Auctiva takes the time to try to improve.
I GUESS I SHOULD READ BEFORE I LIST TO THIS SITE. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS WITH THE LISTING DISAPPEARING. THE ONLY WAY THAT I'M GETTING AROUND IT IS AFTER I WRITE THE DESCRIPTION I COPY EVERYTHING AND POST THE ITEM AND THEN I GO TO EBAY AND REVISE MY LISTING AND PASTE IN THE DESCRIPTION. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN DO THIS. IT'S AN EXTRA STEP BUT IT'S WORKING FOR ME FOR NOW. I KNOW THE BUGS WILL BE WORKED OUT SO DON'T GIVE UP ON AUCTIVA THEIR PROVIDING A GREAT SERVICE TO EBAYERS. THANKS AUCTIVA.
I HAD TO READ A LOT FOUND THIS UNDER NEWS AND IT WORKED FOR ME. YOU HAVE TO DO THE SAME THING. I ALSO READ MORE OF THIS THREAD AND FOUND THE ANSWER ALSO WITHIN IT. I PASTED THIS JUST INCASE YOU DIDN'T SEE IT. TOYTRADEADMAN

Here's a recap of Friday night/Saturday's issues with descriptions and our description editor.

We released a new description editor on Friday that ended up having some problems for certain users. We've reverted to our old editor because of these problems. Unfortunately a lot of browsers have 'cached' a different version of the editor and it now conflicts with what is live on the site.

I suggest that you try closing your extra browsers, then from one remaining browser clear your cache. Then try the site again and see if all goes well.

In Internet Explorer go to the Tools menu, click the Internet Options menu item, then click the "Delete Files" button.
Tools->Internet Options->Delete Files.

Firefox instructions:
Go to Preference>Security>Cache>clear.

The problem is with the editor. So, your descriptions are most likely not lost. You can verify this by going to the saved listings page and clicking the checkbox for an item and then hitting the "preview" button. Do this from the saved listings page, not the listing creation page.

If you go to the listing creation page and your description is missing, do NOT save the listing. Leave the listing page or you may end up overwriting the valid description saved in the database with a blank description.

Lastly, if the "new" editor was working okay for you and you'd like to continue using that editor, it is still available on our beta site. Again, you should probably clear your cache before going to the beta site. You can try the "new" editor here:
http://betatest.auctiva.com

The beta site is the same exact version of the website we release on Friday afternoon and was live through Saturday morning. You can post and do everything else you normally do.

Hope this helps you out.

-Kevin
I am very glad I looked at the community board before I began to use the new auctiva. This one snafu alone is reason enough to keep using Classic Auctiva. I have played with the new auctiva and found it much slower than the bulk listing done with classic auctiva. Then along comes a problem like this. I don't have the time to redo listings, descriptions etc, so I probably will give new auctiva another 6-9 months to get the bugs out and to come up with a faster way to enter information such as an online bulk lister.
I am also having this problem. I had a bunch of saved auctions to send out yesterday and went to go access them and no description at all. I can't even cut and paste into the box it just won't move the cursur. I also don't have the time to go and redue every singe add. You can't pick a template either, when you go to hit on templates says click on this link then it takes you back to auctiva home page where it then looses your listing and saves it on you. When is this going to be fixed its really causing a problem for me. It is way to expensive to go to ebay and put out a lot with 16 pictures.

Heidi
Sticking my neck on the block here...

Until a month ago I would not have known that the term " close all browsers " meant extra open windows/screens.

Although we are able to post via the simple forms provided by these selling sites not all of us understand simple computer terminology.

I'm wondering if some of the problems that users of Auctiva are experiancing is a result of not unserstanding the terminology given. The issuance of a very simple easy to understand set of instructions for the new computer user might help clear some of these requests for help.
Thank You Direct2uWholesale. That sure would help. See Newbie isn't quite the word for me I'm in the crawling stage. Six mths ago I didn't know how to turn one on. Now I'm trying to get a business going and teach myself computer. Descriptions are back off, and everytime I go to select template it comes up error. I did clear my cache. Anything else I need to do.
cck
CCK

I would also try to repeat the staps for clearing cache and then restart your computer.

Make sure you only have 1 IE window open. Click on TOOLS> Internet options> delte internet files> and while your there go ahead and click on clear history> click on apply> click on> okay > then restart your computer and see if it helped.
*note* clearing your history can help speed up your system.
The issue might be saving the settings after your cache was cleared. I hope this is the answer. Let me know I will do everything I can to help.
Well, I cleared my cache and all is well. I'm certain we'll have stumbles in the future, but we'll get through it.

I stay with Auctiva for 2 reasons:
1. The supersize and possibility of using 10 picures per item are critical for my sales. Auctiva charges 0.00 for this. Ebay charges .75 for supersize and .15 for each pic after the first free one.
2. The savings for what I get: I save 37.5% on fees for each Auction. I pay .03 cents for an item I list in my Store through Auctiva and 1.71 on Ebay for the exact same thing.

I've learned to start ahead of time and shedule items for free whil the system is working. Ebay charges .10 per item to schedule.

They also address issues on the Discussion board fairly quickly.

And the bottom line, my sales have increased with the use of Auctiva because the listings look like I intended to be here awhile and my customers can see the grain of the wood we sell and the close up on the cut of the tools we sell.

If you don't need good pictures, and your cost isn't an issue, and your bottom line isn't profit, go back to turbolister or Ebay and pay the extra fees. I wasn't satisfied.
PLEASE HELP ME!!! I keep reading these posts that say that the description portion is back up and running...however I have cleared the cache and it is still not working for me. Frown I have a MAC computer and if I use explorer the entire listing will not show. Therefore, I have to use Safari. Can someone tell me what is happening here....
Thank you!
Firefox is a good choice for Mac users right now. Safari support is limited in most online apps, however our text editor does have plans for adding Safari support at some point. It is made by a 3rd party so I can't say when this will happen, but I hear it is on their list of things to improve.

When using Firefox, keeping up-to-date is very important. They release a lot more updates than IE and are constantly fixing browser issues. Many times I've found a certain "quirk" with our site gets worked out in later Firefox releases.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.