Skip to main content

Hey, I'm just saying to do what you guys don't have the guts or smarts to do, get rid of eBay. I don't care if anyone contacts me or not. Yes, you can do osCommerce yourself. It's a pretty big learning curve if you've never coded PHP or worked with MySQL before, but have at it.

You guys talk about eBay having all this traffic. Why in the world do you think they have the traffic? That's where the sellers are. No sellers means nothing to buy. Nothing to buy means no buyers...do the math.

What I'm saying is, if you're fed up, stop whining about it and do something. If all you intend to do is complain, but let greedBay get away with it again and again and again, stop griping and take it. That's what eBay expects of you after all.

eBay is a huge rip off and anyone who tells you otherwise either is lying or is completely ignorant of the truth. Do not believe the info-mercials. You know those people aren't making their money from eBay and never have. They're making their money from all the suckers who buy their books, software, etc.

P.S. Name calling gets you nothing but the monicker as a stupid weasel. Good luck with eBay, fool.
quote:
Originally posted by ebay_sucks:
You guys talk about eBay having all this traffic. Why in the world do you think they have the traffic? That's where the sellers are. No sellers means nothing to buy. Nothing to buy means no buyers...do the math.

And how many times have I heard this over the years? Yawn...

You are of course ABSOLUTELY right. The only problem is nobody's gonna move.
quote:
Originally posted by JeffS:
quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
With a little bit of studying on our members part, a ecommerce store can be set up themselves.

I do believe that message was a troll.

Yep Jeff, I'm in agreement...twas, tis a troll.

However, I wanted to point out to our members they can do this themselves without hiring an outsider.

It's hard work..but can be done.
OH A troll in the neighborhood. Taz likes Trolls. Gee name calling? What is ebay_sucks?
This is a community forum and you waltz in trying to make money off the bat from members here?
Get a life TROGLODYTE , now that is name calling "FOOL"
Have at it, you currently are dealing with some of the cream of the community.
Sorry if that leaves a sour taste in your mouth.
Hmm
quote:
eBay is a huge rip off and anyone who tells you otherwise either is lying or is completely ignorant of the truth. Do not believe the info-mercials. You know those people aren't making their money from eBay and never have. They're making their money from all the suckers who buy their books, software, etc.
What are you trying to do for 500 BONES? Get money off the backs of others!
Which just could qualify you for scavenger or carpet-bagger!
Please crawl back in your hole and once you meta-morphosis in to something desirable make a re-appearance.Oh let's say a million years or so Neanderthal. Here let me provide a link to Google you may need it! Cool

the only people who don't want to move are the spineless jerks like yourselves. hey...if you want to continue to tote the party line for greedBay, go ahead. be my guest.

i'll do you guys one better...here is a link to the osCommerce forum. osCommerce forums. osCommerce is extremely easy to install. it's the configuration, setup and customization to get everything you want (e.g., WYSIWYG HTML description editor, search engine optimization tools, shipping/payment options, etc.) where it gets tougher. what i'm saying is, they can pay someone to take care of everything that breaks when you do these customizations. they can pay me $500 or someone else $2000. check out the pricing on services that do this sort of thing and you'll see $500 is cheap.

on top of all that, if you can remember anything at all, i said people could use eCrater.com and pay absolutely nothing at all. i'm giving people a choice which is something you pessimists and greedBay lovers seem to want to take away from them. but that's fine, if you want to continue to get screwed by greedBay, go ahead. but keep in mind that when you spew all your hatred and name-calling, you're only making yourself look stupid.

so...i'll state it again, anyone wants help setting up an osCommerce store, let me know. i don't work free, but i do work cheap. send me an email at go_ecrater@hotmail.com. if all you want to do is call names, don't bother.
Oh I do believe I am the one that was spewing FOOL but it was not hatred it was facts! Speaking of "spineless jerks" I have decided you are really a TRILOBITE so please get back in the pile of black ooze you came from and say BYE-BYE.
Respect is earned in this community arsehole. You do not just open a account with the asinine name of ebay_sucks and expect people to hand you 500 bucks.
Get a grip on reality!
Quote: " ...the spineless jerks like yourselves!.. "
..uhhh. Excuse Me..What was that again??
" ... i'm giving people a choice... "
...ummm.. lemme' think!, to pay you money...or not. - hmmm!
" ...if you want to continue to get screwed by greedBay, go ahead!... "
now that's encouraging!! -- nice deal-closing skills!
" ... when you spew all your hatred and name-calling, you're only making yourself look stupid... "
I see! Wow..now I remember!..(" mama always said..stupid is as stupid does! ")
" ...I don't work free, but i do work cheap.. "
well sorry buddy, we've all been hard-up at one time or 'nuther.
Nevertheless... Today!-I'm rather happy you ain't workn' fer me! Cheap or otherwise! Red Face

Rather reminds me that wisdom seems to come with age and experience (as I hobble onto the T-box)
...and I remember the first time someone brought to my attention " ...the ONLY fella on the ENTIRE course who can't see what's being done wrong... is the guy swinging the club!! "
quote:
I just sent mine in. I kept it simple and sweet. Let's hope we crash their mail server!! LOL well not really, but lets get it hot! Thanks Ms. M for the link.

I hope everyone takes 5 min to click on the link and send a very simple and professional protest.

I agree. I sent them a real hammering. You have got to do something even it is to show solidarity with all the others in the same boat. It might not make any difference, but it may make them think twice if they do something like this in the future. Remember there are millions of sellers and when this daft non'negetive FB start to kick in there is going to be so many questions about buyers not being fair - that will screw up the system. I hope
quote:
Originally posted by JeffS:
What's the point? Do you think this is the first time there has been a rate increase or some other thing that upset sellers? I've been selling 11 years on eBay, and believe me, it isn't. There have been "boycotts" in the past (they worked real well), angry sellers, petitions, email campaigns, and so on. eBay doesn't care for your opinion - never did, never will. The emails will make no difference, not if there are a million of them or you crash the mail server. Decisions are made, and they ARE gonna stay. How would eBay look to investors if they backed down? Would you invest in them?

All these sellers who are posting in various comment boards, forums, etc, is just venting. nothing's going to change. "I'm leaving and never coming back!!!" yea, right. "This is the final straw". Sure, heard it before.

The ONLY fact is eBay is a greedy monopolistic bastard. There is no real competition. They can get away with anything, just like Microsoft did, until the Gov't pulled them down. But there's no competition here. Nobody to file. eBay does not care about you. They only care about Wall Street and their stockholders, just like any other public company. They exist to make money for their investors. Face it, the money comes from you, and they want more of it.

Do nothing get nothing. Do something a few million times, then something could happen. The gits at dumbbay do the maths, they realise if only 1/2 million write in it really accounts for 10 mmillion users, or something like that
quote:
Originally posted by Gertcher:
It might not make any difference, but it may make them think twice if they do something like this in the future.

Uh-huh. Right.

Even with my rather vicious statement quoted just a few messages above, I still say "Uh-huh, right." to you.

Management is not going to change anything until HARD DATA shows them they were wrong. EVERY SINGLE change over the years comes from some hard data that's been collected. Seriously, do you really think they say "Hey, Let's raise fees just because! Let's see how angry we can make them this time". As easy as it is for you to just say "yes", you know that's not the case.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.