Skip to main content

Well this will not go well but here goes..
First off what is wrong with you guys? There is nothing I see wrong with the counter at all.
It works fine for me and I can not see there is any violation of any kind with e-bay.
If this service helps us keep this service free then I am all for it and I hope Auctiva makes a ton of money on it. I am using this service and have had almost no problems with it at all.
I have tried most of the pay services and keep coming back here as the pictures are far better and the service is easy to use and my listing go very smoothly.
I sure don't want to tell any of you what to do but if it were me I would put all this energy into my business and not worry about the small things. It seems all I read on these boards is griping and moaning about one thing or another, all this does is to take away from your business and keep you preoccupied from the task at hand making money.
I for one want to say thanks Auctiva for giving a great service and keeping it free and feel free to use my listing for your counters and I hope you do well with them.
Keep up the great work..
Thanks,
Doug
what doug said.

i don't see what all the hoopla is about over this. it's simply another tool that auctiva offers that you can choose to use or not. i understand the frustration when you are trying to DISABLE something and it doesn't want to disable. that seems to be what is bothering most people. ..but what is the big deal about having this displayed anyway? i don't get the rudeness over this. i hope auctiva STAYS free because i really appreciate the services provided here.
Im still testing this but this is what I did to remove the counter

I had to go into my account Auctiva and disable the sellathon counter. Then I listed and marked no kick counter and it did not appear on the listing. I then reactivated the sellathon counter and tried no kick counter and it did appear on the listing. I will try this one more time and see if it happens again. Personally I like the counter it looks cool
I can confirm that the method I mentioned above does remove the kick counter. Personally I am going to use it. Maybe if some people spent less time complaining and used common sense they could solve there own problems. Ive been using auctiva for over a year now - 5000+ listings and almost 20,000 images. Of all the problems they have had there has been only 1 time I could not list. I always found a solution to work around the errors. I just hope the negative attitudes of some sellers aren't the same that buyers on ebay are seeing.
I've had listings cancelled too for inappropriate links. I did wonder which ones then I came across this discussion by accident whilst looking for something else.

Interestingly, I checked the 10 listings that were cancelled, Some had the Kick it Back Counter on, some had the original Sellathon Counter.

The last batch of listings I had cancelled was for "not displaying business information". The listings did show the info - it was an over zealous Ebay employee according to Ebay Support.

I'm going to ring them again tomorrow to see what the exact problem was this time so hopefully this should be sorted sooner rather than later.
Well, I guess I'll add my 2 cents to the discussion. I thought I'd mention that I filed a support case about this because I was simply surprised at seeing the KickitBack link/ad in my listings, without having received a heads up about it from Auctiva or knowing what it was.

I too, with Rubberduck, would appreciate understanding exactly what it is. I have no idea what it is.

The response I received from Brandon at support was that they were sorry for not informing us, but it is something they now need to include to help keep Auctiva free for us. While I completely understand the need for something like that, and LOVE Auctiva and all it provides, and support things that keep it that way, I humbly suggested to Brandon that next time we just be informed prior to a change like that since, as sellers, we're ultimately responsible for the content of our ads. And information ahead of the fact might have relieved stress for many.

I have checked off No counter, etc. on my set ups , no sellathon, etc. and the link is still there on new listings anyway - when one goes to a super size image.

Brandon said there was no way to give us the option of not having it.

Wanda
"KickItBack reserves the right to charge fees for certain services. KickItBack further reserves the right to alter any and all fees and cash rewards from time to time, without notice."

That's from the terms and conditions of the kickitback website.

This may cause problems with buyers if they suddenly are charged for the services you advertised on your listing.

That's my only problem with this service.
I'm new to Auctiva and liking it so far, but I have a query about the kickitback counter - thought I would add it to this thread!

It appears that all my listing have both the kickitback counter AND the ebay counter, and that they don't tally - am I missing something? Also, it says "NA" under hits on the listings page in Auctiva - is there a way to get this number to show?

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.