Skip to main content

Thanks, Donna.

Just so I'm understanding this correctly...I have an Auctiva gallery window in my auctions:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7018173221
It shows several of my running eBay auctions.
Is the Auctiva store something different from this gallery?

I already have an eBay store. Is the Auctiva store different and what are the advantages and disadvantages?

Somehow I think I might be making this too complicated...but there were 20-somethings at my house till very late last night!

~Lisa
quote:
Originally posted by scholartime:
Well, I was going along happily editing my store, but then the functions quit working. Now, when I try to edit a feature, the pop-up box brings me to the Auctiva homepage. Frown
~Lisa

How odd? Think Auctiva's system had a burp?
I don't ever have pop up boxes..do you think it's because I have pop ups disabled?

How strange! I'm sure that you've already done it, but be sure to send a ticket into help.

The way I look at the store is this...the gallery is in my store with my text to Visit Southern Jewel's Store. It's convenient to click it right there rather than scroll back up to the top to hit the store link. My customer's can conveniently click the link right there and see more auctions and then if their choice is to visit my store..well, it's right there, too!

Good Luck,
Donna
I guess I was a little ambiguous. I didn't mean pop-ups as in ads. I meant the windows that come up when you try to edit parts of your store, such as header background color, etc. It was taking me to the main page instead of the edit page. It was off and on, so I didn't put in a support ticket. I figured it was just a minor little glitch that would go away soon. Instead, I went and made dinner like a good, little mother. Mmmm....Tofu and cashew stir-fry.

Thank you for taking time to answer my inane questions. I REALLY do appreciate it. I didn't understand one sentence. It says:

quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
the gallery is in my store with my text to Visit Southern Jewel's Store.

Did you mean to say the gallery is in your auction? If not, how does the gallery show in your store? Mine only shows up in my auctions.

Thanks,
~Lisa
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Bill B.:
quote:
This service is FREE for sellers because BUYERS are paying for it via insurance. Also, Auctiva has other relationships set up with Sellathon. So, if Auctiva members upgrade their Sellathon via Auctiva, they get a kickback.

I haven't completed the contract(s) yet, but there are definitely some very exciting partnerships we are investigating/negotiating right now. In fact, I just got off the phone with one of our potential partners. Smile

Like Auctiva Shipping insurance, these value added services are things that will enhance the buying experience on eBay, and at the same time provide an additonal revenue stream for Auctiva AND our sellers.

On a different note, I am tempted to give you a sneak peak at another idea we have (free to our sellers of course), but we are still working on scoping out the details... and I don't want our competitors to know about it. Just know, it is a really cool idea, that will provide you, our sellers, with a ton of value. I can't guarantee that we are going to do this, but we are constantly looking for cool new ideas to provide value to our customers.

Bill

Hmmmmm, what could it be?

Partners with..........??? Think, think, think.

I've always thought Auctiva would blow the competition away if you came up with (or partnered with an eCrator) type of situation. Bascially, (a store) an auto-launcher to Froogle (maybe Google Base too). A relatively easy program to use. It could use some tweeking but all in all it's pretty cool. And, it's free. I'm sure you've checked this program out. A cool addition to your service (IMHO) and if you keep it free, well then, that speaks for itself. Something to consider.

I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Hmmmmmmmm........
quote:
Originally posted by Magie Noire:
quote:
quote:
This service is FREE for sellers because BUYERS are paying for it via insurance. Also, Auctiva has other relationships set up with Sellathon. So, if Auctiva members upgrade their Sellathon via Auctiva, they get a kickback.

On a different note, I am tempted to give you a sneak peak at another idea we have (free to our sellers of course), but we are still working on scoping out the details... and I don't want our competitors to know about it. Just know, it is a really cool idea, that will provide you, our sellers, with a ton of value. I can't guarantee that we are going to do this, but we are constantly looking for cool new ideas to provide value to our customers.

Bill

I've always thought Auctiva would blow the competition away if you came up with (or partnered with an eCrator) type of situation. Bascially, (a store) an auto-launcher to Froogle (maybe Google Base too). A relatively easy program to use. It could use some tweeking but all in all it's pretty cool. And, it's free. I'm sure you've checked this program out. A cool addition to your service (IMHO) and if you keep it free, well then, that speaks for itself. Something to consider.

Hmmmmmmmm........

Magie..

Remember back a few months ago, Auctiva was discussing this with us? Not partnering specifically..but having their own version.

We members were discussing our ecrater stores and it was brought up that Auctiva was also interested in that venue.

I'm still hoping an email will come from Auctiva with a "sneak peek" for the ever faithful Suthrnjewl. In case you didn't quite catch it...that was a hint!
<smile>

Best Regards for continued success,
Donna
quote:
I guess I was a little ambiguous. I didn't mean pop-ups as in ads. I meant the windows that come up when you try to edit parts of your store, such as header background color, etc. It was taking me to the main page instead of the edit page. It was off and on, so I didn't put in a support ticket. I figured it was just a minor little glitch that would go away soon. Instead, I went and made dinner like a good, little mother. Mmmm....Tofu and cashew stir-fry.

Thank you for taking time to answer my inane questions. I REALLY do appreciate it. I didn't understand one sentence. It says:

quote:

Did you mean to say the gallery is in your auction? If not, how does the gallery show in your store? Mine only shows up in my auctions.

Thanks,
~Lisa

Oh GOOD Lord!

What in the HECK was I talking about?
<smile>
I don't even follow what I was typing and it came right out of my gray matter.

That's what I get for multi-tasking.

Alright..so the gallery is in the description area of my auctions, right?

And on that gallery it states, visit my store, right?

So maybe that's what I was going for....the cross selling issue.
HA!

Take care Lisa and Thanks for asking me to clarify what I was yammering about.
<smile>
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by jivemofo:
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
I believe we cap imported listings when a person signs up to 200 listings. I checked your account and set your saved listings filter to "Imported listngs" and I saw about that many.

You can use that to find out which you have imported, and which you created yourself on our site.

When you contact support they will be able to import all of your current listings and up to 3 months back of old listings. That should get you the rest of your listings. I think telling them that when you signed up we imported 200 listings but you have 1800+ on eBay and would like us to import the rest would do the trick.

Once that has happened they will be in your Import Listings folder in your saved listings. If you've printed the list of listings you've already manually created yourself on our site you could then delete any from the import listings that were duplicates.

Thanks Jeff. I opened a new ticket just now. Hopefully it'll all go smoothly *fingers crossed*

Thanks a million for the help!

Well, my ticket is open...but the listings have yet to be moved. Any idea how long it'll take? I'm hoping to be free and clear of SD before the next bill comes from them, but I haven't heard from Auctiva Support in a week regarding this. Do you suppose you could look into it for me Jeff?

Support Case # 219565

Thanks in advance!
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bill

Hmmmmmmmm........

Magie..

Remember back a few months ago, Auctiva was discussing this with us? Not partnering specifically..but having their own version.

We members were discussing our ecrater stores and it was brought up that Auctiva was also interested in that venue.

I'm still hoping an email will come from Auctiva with a "sneak peek" for the ever faithful Suthrnjewl. In case you didn't quite catch it...that was a hint!
<smile>

Best Regards for continued success,
Donna

I don't recall this conversation. I emailed them once and mentioned eCrater. I'm sure they were already aware of it. The eCrater business model is a great idea, just as the Auctiva business model is a great idea. If Auctiva merged or designed an eCrater type of online store that was ebay and froogle/google base integrated with workable shipping, merchant account options, with more design options and offered it for free...........they would dominate the market. Seriously, they would. If you have an enterprise level lister matched with an enterprise level fully ebay/froogle integrated storefront and offer them BOTH for free...who can beat this? No one, that's who. The rest will be scambling to covert to Auctiva's business model. And keep in mind, Auctiva isn't working for free. They're making money. The difference is the 'way' they're making it. Personally, I think the whole business model is very innovative and savvy. With proper business management and real drive to push them forward, I believe over time, Auctiva will be one of the big boys, if not, the head cheese.
Methinks I have it figured out. Smile Here is what I have: http://www.auctiva.com/stores/viewstoreitems2.aspx?id=22398
I wish someone would give it a look and be brutally honest. I wish I knew how to get rid of those obnoxious white spaces around my pictures!

I wish you guys were doing another extreme store makeover! Smile

~Lisa

quote:
quote:

quote:

Thanks,
~Lisa

What in the HECK was I talking about?
<smile>
I don't even follow what I was typing and it came right out of my gray matter.

That's what I get for multi-tasking.

Alright..so the gallery is in the description area of my auctions, right?

And on that gallery it states, visit my store, right?

So maybe that's what I was going for....the cross selling issue.
HA!

Take care Lisa and Thanks for asking me to clarify what I was yammering about.
<smile>
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by jivemofo:
Well, my ticket is open...but the listings have yet to be moved. Any idea how long it'll take? I'm hoping to be free and clear of SD before the next bill comes from them...

We are working on this case, but it is a bit unique and requires some minor code changes to get your OLD listings imported. We haven't forgot about you!

Bill
quote:
Methinks I have it figured out. Smile Here is what I have: http://www.auctiva.com/stores/viewstoreitems2.aspx?id=22398
I wish someone would give it a look and be brutally honest. I wish I knew how to get rid of those obnoxious white spaces around my pictures!

I wish you guys were doing another extreme store makeover! Smile

~Lisa

Lisa..
I think there's a code for the white borders. At least I know that there used to be a solution for the blue borders.

On the Extreme Makeover at the ASM.
We'll be doing it after Mary moves and everyone slows down a bit.

Be sure to let Mary know that you'd like to have the makeover done and we'll get right on the list of persons wanting one.

Take care, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by wench56:
I am in the process of switching from Sparedollar to Auctiva. I have 25 templates that I created in Sparedollar and want to move them over, and am having a difficult time. I tried the "Create/Edit Templates", and it didn't work for me. I'm not a dummie...but sure feel like one right now. Any suggestions?

Hey there!
Of course you're no dummie!

Be sure to take the online course that Auctiva offers..it will walk you through and simplify the move for you.

As far as your template, be sure as Lisa stated to visit the Template Forum above. And you should drop a customer help ticket. You'll be amazed at the speed they get back with you.

WAHM helps out quite a bit with the templates. You might remember her from SD. Besides WAHM, we have some more great minds in the templates forum. Plus, Magie Noire placed a tutorial in regards to template conversion.

Take care,
Donna
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wench56:
I am in the process of switching from Sparedollar to Auctiva. I have 25 templates that I created in Sparedollar and want to move them over, and am having a difficult time. I tried the "Create/Edit Templates", and it didn't work for me. I'm not a dummie...but sure feel like one right now. Any suggestions?

Hey there!
Of course you're no dummie!

Be sure to take the online course that Auctiva offers..it will walk you through and simplify the move for you.

As far as your template, be sure as Lisa stated to visit the Template Forum above. And you should drop a customer help ticket. You'll be amazed at the speed they get back with you.

WAHM helps out quite a bit with the templates. You might remember her from SD. Besides WAHM, we have some more great minds in the templates forum. Plus, Magie Noire placed a tutorial in regards to template conversion.

Take care,
Donna

Woooo-Hoooo! I figured it all out and am sooo happy! Thank-you Donna, and AnglelLisa! I think I'm going to be very happy with Auctiva...(so far). Happy Easter!
quote:
Originally posted by megnsamsgrace:
Thanks Lisa, I uploaded all of my pics, now to figure out how to get my templates here too! ~Steph

Welcome Steph!

If you have problems with the templates, send a help ticket to Auctiva and they'll back at you fast with the answer.

Glad to see you made it over here.

I'll answer your email now...I was out for the count over the holidays.

I'm glad to see the move of your pics went easy. It takes perseverance and just plain ole dig your heels in and a hard work ethic but once it's done, it's done! The hemming and hawing and beating around the bush is usually the deterrent for some.

Take care, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by rizzlet:
I assume all you ex-SD users got the word about SpareDollar being acquired by InkFrog.

How are the current SpareDollar users reacting to this? Are they happy? Angry? Staying? Going?

Enquiring minds want to know.

They're still watching the grass grow in their favorite front yard and loving it. Hey, whatever gets them through the night, day or life. Reading the sdBoards is as about as exciting as watching grass grow. Occasionally, I pop in read for a few and pop out. Same old thing just a different day. Said, 'Biddy Bunch' has taken over and currently dominates the AHL. Goody for them, lol.
Last edited by magienoire
quote:
quote:
I assume all you ex-SD users got the word about SpareDollar being acquired by InkFrog.

How are the current SpareDollar users reacting to this? Are they happy? Angry? Staying? Going?

Occasionally, I pop in read for a few and pop out.

That statement will cause a commotion! You'll have them all up in arms! Naughty Magie! <smile>

My take? SD was a third party that I once used for my online business. When it ceased to work to the abilities I wanted it to have. I made a business decision to leave and find a service that did serve my needs. Not Tom, not Dick, not Harry's business, but my online business. I left one service for another service. Auctiva serves my needs. Whereas the service may not suit others, it does mine.

SD? Served its purpose at one time. I don't think about it otherwise. Just as I don't think about my prior cellphone company. They served their purpose at the time. Another came along that gave me better customer service, better reliability, and more punch for my needs. The service more than serves my purpose, so I don't give it a moments thought that I once used the other cell phone service.

Bad analogy I know..but it works for me.
<smile>

My Best!
Donna
quote:
quote:
quote:

That statement will cause a commotion! You'll have them all up in arms! Naughty Magie! <smile>

My Best!
Donna

I read there once a week or less, IF that. Not much to read there.

I promise to be good, good lady of the south. By the way, how are you and yours?
quote:
Originally posted by wahm922:
That's what happens when people get bored and no one is left to play the game, they have to go looking for more crap Roll Eyes

Talk about getting a life!

Good crap makes an excellent fertilizer. The grass will grow extra fast now. Some say, how bad it is how some read the AHL...yet, here they are reading Auctiva's boards. Dare I say, hypocrite? Nah, I dare not. Time to go to work. I can't let the grass start growing under my feet.
quote:

My take? SD was a third party that I once used for my online business. When it ceased to work to the abilities I wanted it to have. I made a business decision to leave and find a service that did serve my needs. Not Tom, not Dick, not Harry's business, but my online business. I left one service for another service. Auctiva serves my needs. Whereas the service may not suit others, it does mine.

SD? Served its purpose at one time. I don't think about it otherwise. Just as I don't think about my prior cellphone company. They served their purpose at the time. Another came along that gave me better customer service, better reliability, and more punch for my needs. The service more than serves my purpose, so I don't give it a moments thought that I once used the other cell phone service.

Bad analogy I know..but it works for me.
<smile>

My Best!
Donna[/QUOTE]

You know, with any other service I have used this would normally be the case.

I think the reason why people (including me) actually have residual emotion about SD is because of the nature of that service.

You have a problem with something not working correctly. Normally you would e-mail tech support, and they would fix it. Or tell you what to do to fix it if the problem is on your end. End of story.

Sparedollar? It's a whole other animal.

You have a problem. You e-mail tech support. No response. Two days later you e-mail again. Still no response. So you are forced to go to the message boards to get help. (You're already annoyed.) You post your problem there, and often get some kind of insulting response (generally from He Who Shall Remain Nameless; I know he does searches for his name over here).

The response may or may not solve your problem. Even if it does, it's been three days since you originally asked for help and you are now pissed off both at Tomas and at you-know-who.

It's not like my cell phone company (not that I haven't ever had problems with them!). It's just that the scenario at SD made every technical problem into a personal - and often confrontational - interchange with people who shouldn't have been involved to begin with.

If it wasn't for the non-existent customer service, I would probably have never gone near the SD message board, no less gotten into battles on them. I'm sure my cell phone company has a community board somewhere, and I've never gone there.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

My Best!
Donna

I promise to be good, good lady of the south. By the way, how are you and yours?

Yup, you got the biddies all riled up now! They are watching grass grow and seeing things but at least you gave them something to work on LOL! Biddies are in a tizzie!
quote:

Doing well, Doing well.

Life is busy as always. I've been trying to get my website up and running along with ironchicks (beth) help. It's the cubecart that has me stumped and I'm absolutely at a standstill. I haven't been able to work on it for the past four days and really need to dig in. There are several others that have done it step by step so I bet I'm just at a wall because I've missed a step.

I've branched out to EExpress and have sold four items. It was one three as of this afternoon but I just logged in to find another sale.

I've also branched out to a MSN space for more search engine placement along with my Yahoo 360. I'm getting ready to add another eCrater store..this time a bookstore. I find the ecraters successful and have yet to go a day without at least one sale.

My youngest ends her school year soon. My oldest went to the Bahama's for spring break and swears he'll never drink rum again. <smile> My middle son will be taking more classes at college than his previous load and wanting to move out in the fall. <sigh> Before I know it I'll have empty nest syndrome and that won't be pretty!

I'm busy mentoring in a neighborhood elementary school. I try to volunteer in where I can and when I can. But since moving further out of town (out to BFE) it's harder to find the opportunities that once were abundant. I'm thinking of joining a civic organization out this way.

Hope all finds you well and you sweet son, too!

Thank you for asking.
quote:

I think the reason why people (including me) actually have residual emotion about SD is because of the nature of that service.

You have a problem with something not working correctly. Normally you would e-mail tech support, and they would fix it. Or tell you what to do to fix it if the problem is on your end. End of story.

If it wasn't for the non-existent customer service, I would probably have never gone near the SD message board, no less gotten into battles on them.

Blessings your way Rizzlet and I understand.

Do me a favor and visit us more often. Your intelligence shows and we would be well served by your knowledge in eBay talk.

Take care, Donna
quote:
Originally posted by Pawkeeper:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

My Best!
Donna

Yup, you got the biddies all riled up now! They are watching grass grow and seeing things but at least you gave them something to work on LOL! Biddies are in a tizzie!

To be honest, when I responded to Rizzlet, I didn't even consider, 'they' would read my post. In fact, I had no idea 'they' had, until someone IM'd me and told me. They told me, 'they' were mentioning my post in the AHL. Which I found bizzare because I no longer belong to SpareDollar and do not post there. So, 'they' are coming to the Auctiva boards and reading them it seems. After so and so IM'd me I went over and read the dramarama. Villians, snakes and foes, oh my! Lawnmowers and so forth. Talk about making something out of nothing. Hey, if it makes them happy, so be it.

The funny thing is, I didn't create the name, The Biddy Bunch. I used it, but I didn't think of it. Oh well, life goes on. Enough about 'them'. One last thing, 'they' seem to think it's okay to sit in their grassy yard BUT it wasn't okay for you and a few others to hang out on an island paradise. Highly illogical and yet very typical of 'them'.

I'm done with the direction of this conversation. Moving on. Nice to see you, Paws!

Ciao!
quote:
To be honest, when I responded to Rizzlet, I didn't even consider, 'they' would read my post. In fact, I had no idea 'they' had, until someone IM'd me and told me. They told me, 'they' were mentioning my post in the AHL. Which I found bizzare because I no longer belong to SpareDollar and do not post there. So, 'they' are coming to the Auctiva boards and reading them it seems. After so and so IM'd me I went over and read the dramarama. Villians, snakes and foes, oh my! Lawnmowers and so forth. Talk about making something out of nothing. Hey, if it makes them happy, so be it.

I'm confused.

Who are these people?
Last edited by rizzlet
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.