Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
quote:
Originally posted by dmhcollectibles:
Anyone know how things are going over on SD lately? Any improvements or upgrades? (or support?)

This is heresay..I don't know personally. I don't keep up, there's no need to.

Basically this is what my emails tell me from person's that are still over there and using the beta until the holidays are over or their pre-paid subscriptions are up before making the move.

The beta that was released to everyone was the same beta that others were testing in the spring of 2005. Not many changes to it, I'm told..but I don't know. As I said it's heresay so don't go by me.

Tomas implemented a ticket for help. It's just like the way we have had here all along. I've been told that Merry and others are still answering questions on the boards.

I was told there is no phone number still in which to call for help and that members had to call rackspace recently to get some help. Tomas has made appearances on the board alot more than he used to. I was told that Bill is on hand for writing code..I don't know...as I said this is all heresay.

That's bout all I know. Sorry it's not more info for you.

The emails are mostly family info, checking in and such, very rarely discussed is Sparedollar or Auctiva or any other service. The emails are of a more personal level with news of their family and such.

How'd your Florida Christmas go?
I loved the weather in the 30s on Wednesday...wasn't that great?

Happy New Year,
Donna

Heya Suthern (Donna) - thanks for all the info. I was just curious how things were going over there, is all. I'm a bit surprised to hear that Bill might be back (I thought they had a big falling out long ago), but I *guess* that's good news. I can't believe his customers had to call Rackspace directly, but I heard that elsewhere too so maybe it's true. How sad. Pathetic really. And if the beta is essentially the same as it was a year ago, that's pathetic too. I know from reading the boards over there (when I still could) that many of the beta testers thought it was a piece of cra*. (feel free to supply your own "p" there).

Weather here for Christmas was glorious - high 60s. I don't miss snow, ice, freezing cold even one little bit! Big Grin
There is a story behind this bigfred guy. I just don't know what it is. He is making less and les sense everyday with his biased opinions. I think it's backfiring on him or maybe even SD if they hired him.

For the new comers. I have been using Auctiva for a lot of listings already. There are some issues, but overall, pretty happy with the free service. I can even use Ebay-motor here, which is not an option with SD. Templates are way better here. I don't how long Auctiva has been doing this, but I am sure glad SD did this 85% price increase thing. It did drive me to look around.
quote:
Originally posted by corey321:
Another one working on moving over here. Over at SD there we some discussions about Auctiva but they just disappeared. They were there for at least a day so some people might have found out about this place. Bigfred keeps saying Auctiva has been around 2 years longer but has less listings, don't know why that matters?

Don't try to use logic when reading biggfredd's posts. It's a fruitless venture into a Mr. Know-It-All dimension of ego based rantings. I mean, it's all Microsoft's fault! Everything is Microsoft's fault -- Muwahahahaha! Let biggfredd stay there defending SpareDollar until the end of time.

Frog
quote:
Originally posted by Auctiva Jeff:
quote:
Bigfred keeps saying Auctiva has been around 2 years longer but has less listings, don't know why that matters?
I first released Auctiva Poster in early August 1998. That would make us 3 years 2 months older. Why either that or a listing count matters I'm not sure.

Well Jeff, you're right of course, it shouldn't matter one way or another. But what BiggFredd is trying to say in his very inartful and biased way is that since Auctiva is free (I don't think it always has been, has it?), and it's been around longer than SpareDollar (not sure that's true for the free part of Auctiva) then if Auctiva is better than SpareDollar, Auctiva should have more people using it and more listings on eBay.

Err I hope that made sense, it wasn't a very good sentence. Boiled down, if Auctiva's free and better than SD, and been around longer too, then BF thinks there should be a ton more listings on eBay that use Auctiva than the number that use SpareDollar. What he's leaving out is that Auctiva hasn't been free for longer than SD has been around. He often omits important parts in order to make his "point", which is often inaccurate because he leaves so much pertinent information out of his analysis.
quote:
quote:
Bigfred keeps saying Auctiva has been around 2 years longer but has less listings, don't know why that matters?
I first released Auctiva Poster in early August 1998. That would make us 3 years 2 months older. Why either that or a listing count matters I'm not sure.

Ya better watch out there Jeff. Biggfredd might wanna compare your lister to his.
Kinda like a "my lister is bigger than your lister". Eek

Besides, comparing apples to oranges is fruitless. SpareDollar lost my respect both as a 'paying' customer and as a human being a long time ago. SpareDollar could be free, work without a hitch and I still wouldn't use it.

There's something to be said for professionalism and loyalty both of which SpareDollar is lacking.

Enough said.
quote:
quote:
quote:
Anyone know how things are going over on SD lately? Any improvements or upgrades? (or support?)

This is heresay..I don't know personally. I don't keep up, there's no need to.

Basically this is what my emails tell me from person's that are still over there and using the beta until the holidays are over or their pre-paid subscriptions are up before making the move.

The beta that was released to everyone was the same beta that others were testing in the spring of 2005. Not many changes to it, I'm told..but I don't know. As I said it's heresay so don't go by me.

Tomas implemented a ticket for help. It's just like the way we have had here all along. I've been told that Merry and others are still answering questions on the boards.

I was told there is no phone number still in which to call for help and that members had to call rackspace recently to get some help. Tomas has made appearances on the board alot more than he used to. I was told that Bill is on hand for writing code..I don't know...as I said this is all heresay.

That's bout all I know. Sorry it's not more info for you.

The emails are mostly family info, checking in and such, very rarely discussed is Sparedollar or Auctiva or any other service. The emails are of a more personal level with news of their family and such.

How'd your Florida Christmas go?
I loved the weather in the 30s on Wednesday...wasn't that great?

Happy New Year,
Donna

Heya Suthern (Donna) - thanks for all the info. I was just curious how things were going over there, is all. I'm a bit surprised to hear that Bill might be back (I thought they had a big falling out long ago), but I *guess* that's good news. I can't believe his customers had to call Rackspace directly, but I heard that elsewhere too so maybe it's true. How sad. Pathetic really. And if the beta is essentially the same as it was a year ago, that's pathetic too. I know from reading the boards over there (when I still could) that many of the beta testers thought it was a piece of cra*. (feel free to supply your own "p" there).

Weather here for Christmas was glorious - high 60s. I don't miss snow, ice, freezing cold even one little bit! Big Grin

Hey there!

Glad to see you enjoyed your Florida Christmas. There's another cold front coming in this evening..supposed to be in the 30s. BRRRRRRRR!

On the Bill "thang," it's all heresay. I can't say it's the truth or not as I haven't seen the copy and paste. I'm sure if I asked, I could see it but <shrug> well, the shrug says it all.

The rackspace phone call was verified by a few and was mentioned on a message board elsewhere I belong to with much huffing and puffing from SD members. I don't join in...<shrug> no sense in dwelling on what didn't happen to me.

The way I look at it is this..we have a phone number, it's listed right on this site plus the offer of more phone numbers has been given. There are other persons that belong to different auction management sites (not SD) that have easy access to their management when problems arise..That in and of itself speaks volumes.

Yep, the beta testers have verified the same thing you spoke of..that it's basically the same uploader as last spring. <shrug>

Each to their own is all I've gotta say. Just respect my choice as I respect their choice. (and stop dissing me to boot)

Glad to see you're living warm in FL!
<smile>
Happy New Year!
Donna
quote:
quote:

Jeff!

You passed that 50th posting...I promised you a big pretty smile and here ya go!
<big goofy grin>

Happy New Year with Many Wishes for Continued Success!
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by corey321:
Another one working on moving over here. Over at SD there we some discussions about Auctiva but they just disappeared. They were there for at least a day so some people might have found out about this place. Bigfred keeps saying Auctiva has been around 2 years longer but has less listings, don't know why that matters?

Welcome! Welcome!
If there's anything I or any of the other members can do...don't hesitate to ask.

Plus, as long as I've been here we've had the customer ticket for help and it's worked very smooth.

Enjoy!
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by debkwek:
I have finally moved all my stuff to here Big Grin

Now I am done with sparedollar Big Grin

I went in to post in sparedollar to say goodbuy on to bigger a better place.

I will not miss being there at all!!!!

Welcome, Welcome!
C'mon in!

Glad to see another face from SD migrate over.

If you need any help...drop me a line.

I did note there were alot of exclamation points on your last sentence. <smile>

Happy New Year,
Donna
I just moved over here a bit before Xmas. A gal from Overstock told me about Auctiva, Sade. I love it here, and am glad I found you guys. I have been at SD for 2 years, almost since the beginning. I posted on the boards for a long time, but not much in the last year. Been to busy selling on more then one venue. I already like it much better here at Auctiva. Easy to learn, and nice features. I haven't run into any problems yet? You all sound like a nice group of folks. Smile
Hey you two!

C'mon in...if you need any help, don't fail to ask.

Customer service is great, I've been here since middle summer and others have migrated here during the last few months. If you need help there's always been the ability to fill out a customer help ticket.

There are quite a few of we migrators here..we're busy getting up auctions and having a life! <wink>

Drama? SD boards? Nahhhhhhhhhh...hard to believe! We don't have drama. Plain & Simple, no drama..we're too busy life and trying to sell to make mooooooolah! <smile>

Good Luck & Best Wishes for Green,
Donna
Thanks for the warm welcome donna. I was brighteyes on SD. You might remember me. I used to post alot when I was new over at SD, and kept it up for a long time all through out the upgrades that lasted like forever LOL! Remember how awful that was?? It started in October, and was horrid for several months. Yeah, I had my times with BF, but I just kind of steered clear of him, and once he accepted me, he left me alone, but he loves to pick on newbies. He can be nice, but his EGO gets in his way. Tomas lets him have free reign. When I 1st joined, Tomas posted quite a bit, and you could email him and get an answer, but from what I am hearing, he is hardly available anymore. Customer service is very important. Seems like help is readily available here. Thanks again for the Welcome! Cool
My 2nd ID is set to expire at the end of this month, so I checked into SD to remove my photos, etc. Just on a lark, I went into the forums. Lo and behold, it's worse than ever.

One thing that's great here at Auctiva (among other things)......the nastiness and ego feeding would be stopped right from the start, so I guess we'll never see the egomaniacs at this site when SD folds. Perhaps that's why one person in particular on SD puts this site down.

Tomas is a sweeheart -- but I'll never understand why he allows the egomaniacs to continue their nonsense on SD. It's truly sad.
quote:
Morning!

You'll have till the eve of the 14th to keep visiting the boards. (if that's your choice)

Never know...you might receive free bonus time offer from Tomas. Even though I think if it's a free bonus time offer, somebody oughta drop an email to the "winner" of this bonus time and let them know.

I was the "lucky" recipient of ALOT longer free time than anybody knew (I have no idea why either, didn't ask 4 it, didn't want it, had everything cleared out & could definitely afford to pay for SD if it had been my choice)

Why Tomas' choice was to offer me free time when there were those who LOVE, LIVE and BREATH SD and to them it was a hardship to come up with nine bucks a month and yet..he gave me free bonus time? It's still puzzling. (I never missed a payment to SD for over 2 years)

Over the years, I'd offered to pay for members who would post on the boards they couldn't pay for their SD subscriptions..he could've/should've give them what I didn't want. I never received answers to my request to pay for fellow members over the years. It just doesn't make sense..I receive free bonus time? When there are others that are needy out there? Doesn't make sense, does it?

Heck, all accusations about returning members using new IDs is silly. Just fodder for fighting or the current "choice" of whose the target. Those discussions could easily be stopped/locked. I know the majority of those slinging around accusations know about IP numbers. Geesh! If it mattered the owner would nip all of those that have IP numbers he doesn't want posting on the board banned.

It's silly and can be nipped in the bud unless stirring of the pot is what is wanted to keep members interested in coming back to view the car wreck postings in a thread.

My choice is to be where the postings are positive in regards to life, my online business and selling. I'm not just talking about this board but other online seller boards I belong to also, OTWA, TULIP Tools, PowerSellersUnite, etc. etc. and of course, Auction Sellers Motivators!!!!

Just my thoughts, it's better to go forth and be around those with a positive outlook than negative.

Now everyone, Get out there and make Moolah.

Best of luck for the New Year and many, many eBay sales!

My wish is that everyone have much green to count.

Peace,
Donna
Last edited by suthrnjewl
Donna. You are so right about having and keeping a positive attitude as much as possible. It does work, and makes one a much happier person to be around,. i used to be such a rebel, but I found out it did me more harm then good. I try to see the good in all things now, and if something doesn't work for me any longer, I just quietly go away, AND I DON'T PUT DOWN WHAT OTHERS CHOOSE TO DO OR NOT DO. I will never understand blind loyalty to any site or auction. It is crazy. This is business to me, and I do what will make the most $$ for me, and try to help out others if I can. Other then that, I try to keep quiet.

Peace!!! Smile
Hi All SD's

I got taken down by Hurricane Rita but plan on starting the New Year here. If I can only slow down long enough to learn this new Site. I am HTML challenged so it is difficult getting all the photo links changed around ... Danielle has been a absolute doll... Thanks!! She converted my SD templates. Big Grin Now I just have to figure out the image url links and I am outta there! Happy to see so many familar people here! Wink

Creole Trader
Jewel - I use to send in extra SD payments and include a note saying who I wanted the money to go to but never received a reply. Bascially, you didn't get any free time per se because you paid for it. None of the subscription gifts I gave were ever received by the people they were intended for, instead they were credited to my account.

As far as the energy at SD/AHL I still feel it's toxic. Even some of the people there that were suppose to be sooooo sweet, weren't really that sweet. It sure pulled me down. Until I was in the slime with some of the best of the worst.

No thanks. That's not who I want to be or the type of people I want in my online life.

A lesson learned.
quote:
Originally posted by brightgems:
Donna. You are so right about having and keeping a positive attitude as much as possible. It does work, and makes one a much happier person to be aroundI just quietly go away, AND I DON'T PUT DOWN WHAT OTHERS CHOOSE TO DO OR NOT DO. I will never understand blind loyalty to any site or auction. It is crazy. This is business to me, and I do what will make the most $$ for me, and try to help out others if I can. Other then that, I try to keep quiet.

Peace!!! Smile

This was a purely business based decision to me. I wanted a site that could implement the changes eBay threw in such as eBay motors, categories, and more.

I wanted upgrades to a service more than once every 2 years and not empty promises.

I wanted a customer service that answered questions. I didn't want them to be my buddie or my pal...I wanted the service addressing my problems.

I took the affiliate links outta my emails and ME page last spring because I was tired of explaining why the site didn't work. How embarrassing it was to send them to the boards for answers. They would look for customer service and then only find members. That didn't speak well.

I wanted a service that members didn't have to call rackspace to get answers about problems.

When and if this site doesn't suit my needs, I'll find another and if it has a fee, so be it. It was NEVER about the money!

As long as this service keeps up with what my needs are as a consumer, that is the bottom line. It has nothing to do with money...oh no it doesn't. I also don't think they understand how this site works either..and won't take the time to investigate either.

But to stay with a service that isn't up to date or can't handle the curves eBay throws doesn't show good business sense it just shows loyalty to a buddy or pal.

I guess that explains my "free bonus" extra time with SD. There were months I would send in extra with a note to donate this much overage to cover so and so's payment. <shrug> It's no big deal.

I never begrudged a single person about their choice to stay with the service, yet, when I stated I was outta there..suddenly this woman who used to be considered pretty knowledgable by those on the help boards, became viewed as a dunce. (even though I have background in accounting and business managment) <shrug>

And yet, they still sling barbs at those that have not only come here but other services that suit their needs. Why? What possible reason are they so obsessed with what our business choices are?

I wish nothing but good health, much joy and and even more green to everyone!

A positive outlook is wished to all!

WELCOME CREOLE! WELCOME BRIGHTGEMS! (yes I do remember you)

Enjoy life!

Peace out,
Donna
Last edited by suthrnjewl
quote:
Originally posted by Creole:
Hi All SD's

I got taken down by Hurricane Rita but plan on starting the New Year here. If I can only slow down long enough to learn this new Site. I am HTML challenged so it is difficult getting all the photo links changed around ... Danielle has been a absolute doll... Thanks!! She converted my SD templates. Big Grin Now I just have to figure out the image url links and I am outta there! Happy to see so many familar people here! Wink

Creole Trader

Thanks for joining my Yahoo 360..any other takers? You're all welcome to join..it's for cross-selling/advertising online sellers.

Where are you located now? Did you go back? And you're well? Loved ones well?

Blessings, Donna
Hi Donna,

I am still on Indian Bay in Lake Charles. I am well and thankfully have a FEMA Blue Roof over my head. As I type this I am just now getting the yard in "better" order. My father is 85 and I have been trying to take care of him, his property and a neighbor who is 95 that we have thankfully just got into a FEMA Trailer across the street. Every day is an adventure and you don't know what the priority will be or how long it will take to solve the priority of the moment.

All my family and loved ones including the Geese and Ducks made it thru the hurricane. Check my blog for a spectacular sunset the other day. Things are slowly getting better. I will be adding other photos as time progresses.

For "Sad" Hurricane photos of the area... you can check out the following link.

Hurricane Photos

I would be happy for anyone interested to link to my 360. I think it is a great marketing and advertising tool. Currently I am selling items in my Store but, hopefully Monday or Tuesday I can settle down and learn how to list with Auctiva. Thanks for you concern an Interest.
quote:
Suthrnjewl I have just opened my Yahoo 360. how do I get included in yours:

http://360.yahoo.com/debkwek

Hey Deb,

I thought you were already on there..hmmmmm.
Isn't it Debsherenow? Nope..I see it's the debkwek.

I just sent you an invite.

When viewing my 360 you can issue an invite also.

So glad to have you ask me to join yours.
This is turning into a nice cross-selling tool.

Peace, Donna
quote:
Hey Donna or anyone else Wink

I don't mean to sound stupid but I guess if the shoe fits ....

what is a Yahoo 360???

I'm all for cross-selling tools and other marketing outlets!!

Click the link in my sig...the one that states Yahoo 360.

If you've heard of Myspace.com this is similar but via Yahoo. I had a space with Myspace set up for cross-selling..but <rolling eyes> with the exception of five kids that are friends of my children, the only other persons that wanted to add me as a contact were males looking for "other" interests besides online selling. (if you catch my drift)

Click my link and you'll see what my site looks like and all the others that have been invited or ask me to invite them and view theirs..it is an ever bigger circle that will continue to grow.

Beautiful FL day, right?
Happy Golfing!
Donna
quote:
Thanks suthrnjewel can you tell me how I can put my own banner in I have tryed but I have a (gif)image a they don't accept that how do I change my image to what they accept.

Have you tried Irfanview? It's a freebie photo manipulation software tool. Google Irfanview and you'll find it.

Or you can email me the logo and I'll see if I can get it switched over..ok?

Suthrnjewl@Suthrnjewl.com

Peace, Donna
Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.