Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Please, please add inventory! I tried to make the inventory feature in Ebay's Selling Manager Pro work but that thing is a joke! It takes longer than anything I ever used and it does not make any sense! As to MarketWorks I used it and liked it very much but it has a very corporate look and is expensive. I need an easy to use unexpensive option, as I am simply closing out old inventory.

Pretty please, Inventory!!!

Thanks you,

Vera
Sweet Success et al -

I should have remembered the rules of Murphy's Law - never give an anticipated date! Smile

Inventory is still in development. It is a project with many implications and impacts for our users and site. We want to make sure that we cover all bases for a successful rollout of such an important feature.

If you stay signed up for Auctiva (and signed up for email notifications), you will receive notice when we add inventory and other features via email.

Thank you for your continued interest and Happy Listing!

Cara
For the last year and a half I have been using auctiva.com for free. But during that time I was never completely happy but kept coming back hoping someday they would get this inventory done. Please just throw something out there simple at first then add to it later. Honestly I am starting to think you are holding back as you stuttered about charging and said "It will probably be free" So you are adding all these not so essential add-ons so when you add you can go in for the kill. Technology is here today and gone tomoroww so hurry up as there will be other solutions like eharbors that will pass you up. Thanks
Dont throw it out there until it is working? Well folks this service is free because they are building it and building a customer base. How could they charge for it? When it is not solid and reliable yet.

I am personally invested in Auctiva as I have a domain and buy insurance plus have many hours learning the program curves. Not to mention building my auctiva. So after waiting patiently for 1.5 years for them to intall even a simple, reliable inventory system is not too much to ask is it?

Honestly would I pay for auctiva right now? NO, because it has not proven itself realiable yet and has no inventory function! Would I in the future? Yes. Do I like auctiva and the format? Yes, for the most part. Will I wait much longer for them to add a inventory funtion? Maybe. Am I happy Auctiva exists? Yes.

To my new Critics, Reality is Auctiva could of tried to charge but would of ended up bankrupt. FACT. Auctiva is a invested company thats vision is long term and offers free to build a customer base. FACT
When Auctiva lays out its biggest add-on Inventory will they charge then? UNKNOWN-As Auctiva said maybe or most likely to be FREE?. FACT

Now my opinion CRITICS out there. Is that Auctiva has had alot of time now to grow and add to its programs but has been ever so sluggish that there is other venues online now that are free and new that are more advance then auctiva.
Example look at **** they are new this year and are building too but they have most all there functions online now except the store funtion for your own website right now. Yes, there is errors and such but it is nice. THEY HAVE INVENTORY. May take a year then could rival Auctiva. Enough said.

Bottom line is that I like Auctiva but they need to get this wrapped up and charge or not charge as I dont care as long as it is affordable and working. I will continue to seek my favorite venue as if I am happy I will stay and be as loyal as I can if it works. Thanks

[edited other sites name]
Last edited by auctivajeff
quote:
Originally posted by VALUESPRO:

I am personally invested in Auctiva as I have a domain and buy insurance plus have many hours learning the program curves. Not to mention building my auctiva. So after waiting patiently for 1.5 years for them to intall even a simple, reliable inventory system is not too much to ask is it?

Even if we are, in effect, "beta testing" a project for Auctiva that will one day be up to speed and charged for, it is still a FREE service - a fact that makes it rather unseemly to demand a certain level of service or progress, not to mention the blatant accusation of ulterior motives. You imply that because you have a certain "investment" in Auctiva that that gives you a right to do so. So what? No one made you commit to that investment, knowing full well what the deal was in advance.

You are criticizing because you have been holding certain expectations of future performance, based partly on the idea that they've "had a lot of time". I doubt anyone ever made any promises to you regarding a timetable for service and performance when you decided to sign up for this freebee. There are no broken contracts or agreements that I can see, real or implied, even if there were NO improvements in service!

Rather than looking the proverbial "gift horse in the mouth", why not ride the horse to the greener pastures that you have found. Or, find a PAID service that is more useful to you, instead of hanging around being disgruntled over a FREE one? Cut your "losses" (if you want to call a year and a half of free service a loss) and move on, why waste your time and energy? Roll Eyes
Valuespro-You say you have used Auctiva for a year and a half, yet it says you are a registered user of the message boards here only since June 12, 2007. Why have you chosen this point in time to grace us with your toxic presence and bad grammar and spelling?

Perhaps if you had actually perused the boards more closely before, you would have realized that there is more to Auctiva than meets the eye and the FACT that the service is free is just one of the perks; it's not the only draw. I have found that it is easy to use, the support team is superb and fast, the response to posts on the boards is phenomenal and for the most part it is an exceptional system with some kinks. I seem to remember a certain large software company called Microsoft that can't seem to put out an upgrade to it's operating system without a variety of bugs. And some of these bugs are so destructive they have been known to shut down entire networks (FACT). Yet you complain about Auctive, a company that provides a FREE service, and delays release of new enhancements to prevent potential disruptions to its users income and livelihood, in some cases. I would prefer the delay rather than be a guinea pig for an inferior product, thank you very much. Go find a service that you can PAY for if you are so unhappy with the FREE service these guys provide to us and take your nastiness elsewhere.
First of all what constructive criticism do any of you so called experienced Auctiva board hoppers bring to the table. Now to let you know I have 2 accounts on Auctiva. So I am not no new user as Auctiva knows that. This post is for suggestions to Auctiva or other members.

Now my opinion is exactly that a opinion. As I have followed the so called dont say nothing idea mentality for 1.5 years now because it is free. But last year I was told by Auctiva that inventory would be available in the first of the year of 2007. But now it is June and no where near in site but the newest not so essential upgrades in MY OPINION. Now I have been building my listings and have many hours invested preparing for the inventory function and building my template. Plus have bought a domain etc. So am I concearned about there intentions, YES I AM AND THAT IS MY RIGHT.

Just so my critics know I have been using other venues for the last year in a half and still do on some ebay stores I have now. Because I dont chose the cheapest routes only as I pay too, unlike you free loaders that dont think anyone should say anything because it is free. Get real folks free or not I am sure Auctiva wants to hear from us to gratify their program and not to.

My suggestion to all you unemployed community board hoppers is to get a life and listen before you speak. This will be the last of writing on posts hear at Auctiva because when I voice out my opinion and speculations I get pounded by Internet Junkies. Good day
Auctiva staff I apologize for my wording in my first post as I have been waiting with great anticipation for your inventory update all year. When I saw the post on the inventory subject about maybe charging then the new updates recently not including Inventory. I was very highly dissapointed and decided to mention it in a post. What came through my mind was another so called free site Posh Points which decided to start charging members.

They had 10 -12k listings then when people heard they instantly went down to 6k listings. Now they decided to cancel the charge think and it is slowly building back up.

As you may know that ebayers work very hard for there money and recently everyone has there hand in our pockets like Ebay, USPS, slow sales etc. So the attitude I have is not unusual as read ebays posts and you would think it was world war 3.

So the bottom line is that I voiced my opinion and made some allegations. So please accept my apologies. So just get this site moving and I will stop pestering you. As always keep up the good work and thanks for the service as it is appreciated and may all your programs work not like microsofts. Thank You

MIKE

P.S.
Critics out there, yes my spelling sucks but I type as fast as my mind thinks. Great concept try it if you can.
Valuespro-Normally, I wouldn't even dignify that load of drivel with a comment, but since you say you don't plan to respond anymore, I just can't pass it up.

First of all, I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion, but to run down Auctiva because it doesn't meet YOUR standards is ridiculous.

Second, the people that post the most on these sites and look for FREE software and FREE sites to advertise their wares, are not UNEMPLOYED. This IS their employment, they just happen to do it from home. I bet you've never taken the time to look at some the of the sites that Auctiva members have created using other sources that are free like eCrater, but why would you. Some of them are pretty impressive.

Third, the only reason you have gotten "pounded" is because you chose to voice your opinion in a very distasteful way. You sound like you feel like you are entitled to things because Auctiva is FREE. I bet you're a democrat, too. Big Grin
To be fair to Valuespro/Mike, I think he's just frustrated at the delay of a feature that is very important to him, was promised some time ago, and has still not been delivered. I understand the frustration - I really do.

Mike, I wasn't being critical, just voicing my opinion based upon my time here with Auctiva. Despite my "Registered" date on this username, I have actually been with Auctiva since August 2005, so I have at least as much time put in here as you do.

I remember the promises of the "Phase II" release. I think the misunderstanding comes in because Auctiva has (apparently) shifted it's strategy with new feature releases. In the past, mass release of many new features had caused near disastrous effects on the usability of the site. Because of that, they seem to be trickling new features out every other month or so. This is fine with me, really, because it gives the support people time to get those new features tweaked and working right in a more efficient fashion, rather than have to worry about fixing many glitches with a major release.

The problem is, obviously, that some features that people deem very important (in your case, inventory), may be delayed as other features are being implemented. This sucks, I understand, but I don't really see any way around this. I think it's a good strategy by Auctiva, because it gives the customer the feeling that the service is constantly being updated with new features, and the problems that do come up from time to time are fixed relatively quickly.

I'm not one of the folks that believes that we have no right to complain because the service is "free", either. Of course, we do pay for it (unless you don't offer insurance), the fees are just structured a bit differently. However, I'm willing to cut Auctiva a little slack, because I do believe they're doing the best they can with the resources they currently have. I trust that they'll have the promised features up and running soon, but I understand that delays are unavoidable, sometimes.
quote:
Originally posted by Buffy1qt:
Valuespro-Normally, I wouldn't even dignify that load of drivel with a comment, but since you say you don't plan to respond anymore, I just can't pass it up
I bet you're a democrat, too. Big Grin

sorry, that all just made me laugh out loud!

quote:
Originally posted by CrochetBaby1:
However this thread has been very entertaining especially todays posts.Smile

Ditto!

and of course biscuit, kudos for your sane post, you logical, thoughtful lil thing.... Wink Big Grin
quote:
Auctiva staff I apologize for my wording in my first post as I have been waiting with great anticipation for your inventory update all year. When I saw the post on the inventory subject about maybe charging then the new updates recently not including Inventory. I was very highly dissapointed and decided to mention it in a post. What came through my mind was another so called free site ...

Me thinks that valuespro might have been moderated! Roll Eyes

quote:
P.S.
Critics out there, yes my spelling sucks but I type as fast as my mind thinks. Great concept try it if you can.

Yes, I can type as fast as a think, however I believe that it's always a good idea to re-read what you've typed before you post to check for mistakes and also to check that you've used an appropriate tone in your message.
Smile
quote:
Me thinks that valuespro might have been moderated!

Nope.

Please be patient, we're working on inventory for a future release. It's not a feature you can just 'throw out' there. We're going to do it right.

I'd give an estimate of when that will be but if I do that someone would just be angry if we missed that date so I'll not. Obviously we had hoped to have it in our June release but the date has slipped.

As for being free or not free then I don't have a crystal ball. My plans are to remain free. That could always change but it's been free over 2 years and we haven't ever had as much as a meeting about charging. Basically there are zero plans to charge right now. But I'll never say never because then people would just hold it against me if we did. In the end this is a business and I'm out to make money. If I can do that to an acceptable level considering the risk and investment I've made then I see no reason why I'd charge.

Free is good, this is the best free thing that I know about, enjoy it.
quote:
Example look at **** they are new this year and are building too but they have most all there functions online now... May take a year then could rival Auctiva.
That company has been around for 6-7 years. Our site already blows theirs away, another year wont help them.
To confess my present situation Auctiva.com and Critics as I have so many items that I cannot keep track of without some type of inventory function. Last year I was excited to hear that inventory would arrive in the early of 2007. So I decided to hold off on using another auction management program. Plus when Auctiva sold the domain names I started preparing and bought one for my store. Then I spent about a $250.00 marketing that domain. All this was done to prepare the store for when the inventory function would arrive in early 2007.

But now after much consiseration I have to move on as I have alot of items I haven't listed while I was anticipating the inventory function soon. In fact about 2000 plus different items all together I have been aquiring since last year. It is nobodys fault as I am sure with the USPS Postal and Ebay changes that Auctiva had to divert attention to the present issues. But Unfortunately it is my due time to go elsewhere as it is a business decision of my own. Auctiva has been a fun solution and am thankful but now I must step up to the plate and get serious about this ebay Biz.
So once I inventory all my items and list with another auction management program I will most likely not come back as I will be committed. Maybe in a year [stupid site name deleted] will have all the bugs worked out but atleast they have the one function I need inventory operating at this time. Thank You staff at Auctiva for the fun I have had the last few years. Smile

[edited: site name removed. they are 6+ years old and have inventory but otherwise have many other issues and won't likely be improving given their old age and few customers. we on the otherhand are industry leaders, the biggest 3rd party, and continue to add features and innovate.]
Last edited by auctivajeff
Valuespro don't get me wrong but what company with inventory of any size is going to rely on a free service (good as Auctiva is Cool).

For smaller sellers I think Auctiva is great and I can track my inventory quite well with an Excel spreadsheet and some good embedded custom code in VBA.

Auctiva have to try and keep up with eBay who I get the impression do not tell them whats coming to make sure sellers pay for eBay tools which I find inferior and costly. Also eBay support is nearly as bad as my ISP and that is saying something, Auctiva's is rapid and efficient, and the forums very responsive.

So I will not be sorry to see less of your damning comments while Auctiva is chasing moving goal posts and making a pretty good job of it Razz
Damning Comments? If Auctiva was created for small sellers only then whats with all the extras that are not needed for such. All I have been implying is that Auctiva better move faster integrating basic ebay needs like inventory before they are outdated. As competitors like SPLASH, and Eharbors etc. arrived over night with some pretty good content for ebay sellers. Yes they are new and within a year could eventually leave Auctiva in the dust. I have been thankful for Auctiva and wanted to be loyal but cant wait no longer. So I have been moving all my data slowly to a new auction management system that seems to be developing much faster. Ive already waited one year for Auctiva to implement Inventory but not delivered as mentioned in early 2007. Overall anticipation 2 years auctiva has mentioned on its site "SOON". I speak english and "SOON" does not mean over 2 years. Modern Skycrapers are built in less than 2 years in many parts of the World these days. So whats the problem Auctiva? Critics here like to knock around users that complain just because its a free service. Well get use to it as that is life.
I think skyscrapers are probably easier to build than a software system to be used by a global community, using multiple browsers, different platforms, changing operating systems, increasing eBay features, postal system changes . . . .

At least skyscrapers are built on solid foundations, and one floor is built very similar to the other. Don't get me wrong they are quite an engineering feat and the guys that build them incredible, but the requirements are almost set in stone (quite literally) compared with software.

The less a service costs the less it is reasonable to complain, or "don't look a gift horse in the mouth !"

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.