Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

This is purely a guess - but did you use the Auctiva Image Deletion Wizard?

I avoided using it because it said right up front that:

"PLEASE NOTE: If you do not post your listings through Auctiva, we do not recommend the use of this wizard. Images in listings not posted through Auctiva will be deleted using this wizard without any warning."

Although MOST (but not all) of my images were posted through Auctiva, I did not feel comfortable enough that the Deletion Wizard wouldn't delete my other images without warning.

If don't know if this will help or not, and I truly sympathize with your situation. If you want to look for a bright side - at least this is happening during a slow period in eBay activity (at least that's my experience).

Best wishes getting all your listings up and showing again quickly.
Hi Fab.
some of my saved listings got deleted. I have been pulling out my hair since this morning.
I dont know what happend, I am positive I did not delete any image or in fact any single thing from my folders. but it happend.
I was told, I need to manually put the proper picture by uploading them.
I did, but oops I forgot to watermark them, so, its gonna be a ton of homework, i know, I feel you, they said something about june first 50 roll which I did not get it.
at least mine was only 14 listings, hope you can fix them, I will follow your post to see how you did and.. to learn too!
Good luck, I am new like you, my prayers with you.
I can't answer the question about the ebay listings but as for the saved listings. Make sure you click on the period of time you want the system to look for saved listings. If its a low number I recommend clicking ALL in the dropdown box.

Also there is a note on the Images page that deleted listings that were deleted within the past fourteen days can be restored.
Hi Community,

We have received a few reportes today from users stating they cannot see their Auctiva hosted images but the images have been there and we have been able to see them in each case. It is possible there is a network problem somewhere preventing users with certain ISP's and/or geographical locations from seeing these images.

If you are seeing this behavior, can you please post your general geographical location and the ISP you are using in a reply to this thread. I'll update this thread when I find out more about this.

-Mike
Hi Community,

Thank you very much to those who have replied. I have reported this information to our engineering team so they can check into it. We have actually not received very many of these reports today so I'm quite confident the problem is not very widespread. However, it does look like there are some network issues preventing some users from seeing our images, which we host using Amazon's S3 service.

I will continue to check this thread for more input from our user base and I will also update this thread when I learn some more specific details about this.

-Mike
Hi Community,

We just got in touch with Amazon regarding this matter and they have looked into this problem and verified that it does lie like on their end. Based on the feedback we received, it sounds like there must be a network related problem on the end of Cablevision that is causing them to be unable to connect to Amazon's S3 service.

We are going to look into how we might be able to bring this issue up with them. However, if you are experiencing this problem, I would also strongly recommend contacting your ISP to report the problem. I'm pretty sure that having multiple users report the problem can't do anything but help to convey that it is something that needs urgent attention.

I will post further updates on this situation to this thread as additional information becomes available. If anyone else is able to get any information from Cablevision, it would be great if you can post the details here. If anyone experiencing this problem is using a different ISP, that would also be useful information to have posted here.

-Mike
Hi Community,

We have since received some additional reports of this nature and all of these others have been from Cablevision users as well, so that seems to corroborate that the issue is isolated to that ISP. Most of them have come out of New York but I have heard this behavior reported from users in a couple other parts of the East Coast as well.

One important thing I want to add is that, if you are being affected by this problem, the good news is that just about everyone around the world should be able to see the Auctiva hosted images in your listings, even though you may not be able to see them. In my opinion, this would not be anything worth ending listing over, unless you happen to know your most interested bidders are Cablevision users.

I will continue to post updates on this issue to this thread as additional information becomes available and I would still like to encourage anyone being affected by this problem to report it to Cablevision.

-Mike
Hi Community,

I just heard one customer who is being affected by this problem say he/she called Cablevision and was told there were no other reports of this nature coming in. It is certainly possible that particular support person just wasn't aware of the ones that had been reports to other support representatives, but I would like to once again encourage everyone who is being affected by this to call Cablevision and let them know.

Our IT team is working to convey to Cablevision that this is a legitimate problem that will require attention from their end to get resolved, but our reports are probably not as likely to prompt them into action since we aren't a customer of theirs.

I will continue posting updates on this situation to this thread as additional information becomes available. Any other input from our user community that is dealing with this problem would be appreciated.

-Mike
Just what is the complaint to Cablevision supposed to consist of? Cablevision access is working just fine on Long Island. Images hosted by other services show up fine on my screen. What are we supposed to say to them exactly?

The reason you're not getting more users complaining is because MY EBAY and gallery listing pix look just fine on our screens. Only when you look at the listings on eBay or images on Auctiva do you realize there's a problem.

I'm with DIVA - Cablevision needs a call from someone who can give them all the particulars on the image servers - we have no useful details for them & every service they provide appears to be working perfectly.
Hi Community,

The first thing we did when we started receiving these reports was contact Amazon and they verified the problem was not on their end. That being said, I just did see the first report of this nature come in that was not from a user of Cablevision. This was from a Optimum Online user in New York, so it is possible this is a networking issue that is cutting off a geographical location as opposed to a specific ISP.

Based on this first report from a non-Cablevision user, we're having our IT team bring this issue up with Amazon again to see if their diagnosis has changed since we originally reported it. I still don't know exactly what the issue is, but almost all the reports I've seen have been from Cablevision users in New York.

We are continuing to evaluate these reports and investigate this issue as a high priority and I will also continue to update this thread as a learn more. I'll assure you that we're going to pursue this to the end and I'll revisit this thread soon.

-Mike
Hi Diva & Mama J,

Thanks a bunch for pointing that out. While I'm sure it doesn't provide much consolation to those experiencing this problem, I'm actually a little relieved to hear that because I was almost certain the problem lied on Cablevision's end until I hear that report from the user who said his ISP was Optimum Online. At this point, I still recommend contacting them to complain about this.

Our IT team is also looking into this problem and, as part of that process, they're going to see what we may be able to do to definitively convince Cablevision/Optimum Online that the problem is due to something that will need to be addressed from their end.

I will continue to post updates on this issue as I learn more about what's going on. The continued feedback from the users being affected by this is greatly appreciated. Hopefully, they're looking into this issue even though their support people are telling users it is not a known problem.

-Mike
Hi Community,

The next thing we are going to do with respect to this issue is get in touch with Amazon S3 again and urge them to get in touch with Cablevision to work out these networking issues that is preventing Cablevision users from connecting to them. In order to do this, we would like to get some trace routes from some users being affected by this to Amazon S3's servers.

If you are being affected by this problem, it would be helpful if you can run a trace route from your ISP to s3-external-1.amazonaws.com and paste the results into a reply to this thread. If you are using Windows, you can run a trace route via the following process:

1) Select "Run" from the Windows "Start" menu.
2) Enter "cmd" in the ensuing field and click "OK".
3) Then, in the black DOS window, type tracert s3-external-1.amazonaws.com and press the "Enter" key.

You can copy the information in the black DOS window by right clicking within the window, selecting "Select All", and then holding CTRL and pressing C to copy the selected information. You can then paste it into a reply to this thread by holding CTRL and pressing V or by selecting "Paste" from the "Edit" menu in your browser.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide this information!

-Mike
Last edited by auctivamiked
Hi dressrecycle,

It certainly couldn't hurt to call your cable company but, based on what I've heard from other customers who have done so (as SundayBestKids alluded to), I suspect you'll be informed that no other users are reporting the problem and that it is not a known issue. As you can tell from reading over this thread, that information would not be accurate.

If you run a trace route using the instructions included in my last post to this thread and paste the results into this thread, we'll get that information over to Amazon S3 (our image host) and urge them to bring up the issue with Cablevision. We don't know for sure whether the solution to the problem will need to be implemented by Amazon or Cablevision, but the two services can't connect and it will need to be worked out between them.

I will continue to post updates on this situation to this thread as additional information becomes available. Again, thanks in advance to anyone who can provide that trace route information.

-Mike
Hi Community,

Thank you all for the quick feedback. We are still looking for trace routes from users who are being affected by this problem as we believe this will be critical to Amazon and Cablevision being able to work this issue out at this point. If you can run the trace route I described in my June 04, 2009 11:01 AM post to this thread and paste the results into a reply, we would appreciate that greatly.

-Mike
quote:
Originally posted by magical*memoirs:
On the phone with cable...they needed something in writing from Auctiva to prove the issue. I forwarded my personal support case email, Auctiva and ebay links. They are checking their end....its in engineering...they claim I am the second call.

They will contact Auctiva directly to resolve the problem.

Hopefully we'll be up and running SOON!

Pennie

THey are full of it! They just don't want to deal with something they are not familiar with. I've called and I KNOW other people here have called. It is possible they are not documenting everything. THey have a bad habit of passing the buck with unknown issues. Just like other places, they are scripted and if they don't see something on their cheat sheet, they try and skirt around it. I think we should all keep calling and become a thorn in their side.
Hi magical*memoirs,

The "request time out" behavior you described with your trace route sounds just like what we've seen in the couple of trace routes I have been able to get. We've received two so far and have passed those over to Amazon so hopefully they can get this thing worked out with Cablevision.

We could still use some more though, so I would still like to encourage anyone who can to run the trace route and get the result over to us. Sending them in through a support request is a perfectly fine alternative to posting them to this thread.

I wish this was something we could just "fix", but we're doing our best to stay on top of it. I'll continue to update this thread as I learn more and check back for more trace routes.

-Mike

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.