Skip to main content

How about an update aon the status if these run time errors? We have chosen your site to run our businesses through and we rely on you and your site to work and when it doesn't I think we have a right to know what is going on to fix it. I am sure you are working very hard to try and solve the problem but put yourself in our shoes. If your Data center went down you'd be the first one crying to them "whats going on?when will we have answers?" I think it's only fair to keep us informed.

Once again for privacy reasons I post in the community under a different screen name. I can frward the screen name I use to list from auctiva if you need me to.
Last edited {1}
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Fix these blasted Server Error in '/' Application. errors. We can't do anything, I haven't been able to post for the last 3 days. This is noway to run your business. Letting your developers code in production. You should have a test enviroment, and code in there, then when it past the test, and nothing breaks, move it to production. We can't do anything, til you get these dang errors fixed. Your team should be doing nothing else but fixing this issue!!!!
As sad as this may appear, we all need to remember this is a FREE service. If we paid for a service like this then Jeff should be held under the gun but when he makes no money from us in doing this, he can quite honestly do what he wants.

That said, I successfully edited over 200 items (edited my store category) and posted them all with no issue. Sure, I had to bounce between various temp IP's that were distributed but for free, what the hell.

Yea, I wish there was more communication but we all need to remember that this service is free.

Jim
Free or not..is hardly the point..Heres what Auctiva boasts about

IT’S FREE. Free image hosting. Free templates. Free scheduling. Free online auction software.

SAVE TIME. Auctiva offers world-class reliability with distributed architecture, allowing better auction management when eBay servers are down.

EARN MORE. Increase your bottom line with Auctiva’s innovative revenue-sharing features.

IT'S EASY. Easy to get started, easy to use, easy to understand.

Um ...I know no site is going to tell you they are crappy..but for crying out loud, at the very least have someone come on and tell us what we can expect in the way of service over the next few days so we can deal with it.
Well atleast they know about this issue now. I got a response from them.

Hello.

We have received several reports from other users getting runtime errors on our site. Our engineering department has been notified about this issue. We are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank You.
Auctiva Support
quote:
Yea, I wish there was more communication but we all need to remember that this service is free.

Sorry, but I don't buy the "you get what you pay for" thing. If they created this doohickey, and encourage people to use it, and *choose* to do this all for free, bless their hearts, really!; but they can't fall back on (nor do I believe they are trying to fall back on) "hey, whaddya want for nothin?". They present themselves as a professional service--they know that many many people use and rely on said service--and they need to meet the obligation inherent in presenting and promoting their product. If it's not working for them b/c of money issues, then they need to start charging or else shut down the service. IMHO.
Free or not is not the issue. They exist to provide a service. When that service is unavailable or experiencing problems, the very least they can and should do is inform us tht they are aware of the problems. Seems to me that whenver Ebay and Auctiva are busy, Auctiva can't handle it. Please, what is thepurpose of a service if it is only available at times you don't want to use it? I ahve beenunable tolist for 2 daysnow. And becasue no info is there to tell me that the site is not working, Ihave wasted hours of tiem. A simple post stating the site is down, woudl allow me to do something else instead or search for another service. I guess I will try Mpire again.
I've got all of our IT staff and a number of the developers working on the server issues we had over the weekend and today.

We recently added additional webservers running Windows 2003 Server. It looks like there are some known problems with running 2003 server and the session state server. These problems only come up during extreamly high usage times and thus we first noticed them on Sunday.

The different areas of problems pretty much all relate to this one session issue. For example, I've seen a number of reports of can't upload images. The root problem here is the same as not being able to view pages or stay signed into the site as a whole.

To make things even more interesting, eBay enabled us for Checkout 2.0 today. Which means that combined checkout is now live. We have worked closed with eBay in turning Checkout 2.0 on and are continuing to monitor the site to see if any errors are coming in specifically related to combined checkout.

If I feel the site won't be in a more stable condition within the next 90 minutes, I will put up a site wide alert letting people know.

-Kevin
Well, I know I'm still a newbie, but Auctiva has served me well for all my listing needs for the past several months. I know how frustrated you folks must be who depend on your sales for income - mine are more for pin money but I do have $$ invested in my product and get antsy when I can't post. That being said, I have to add that Auctiva is the best service I've found, free or otherwise, and I believe that whenever things go wonky, as they have the past two days, behind the scenes they're all working like crazy trying to clean things up and get us back on line. After all, it's a free service to us, but it's THEIR business and THEIR investment, and I don't believe for a minute they'd deliberately let us sit and stew for no reason while they played bocce ball.
And THAT being said, a little more information from time to time would be nice - it's like when we're held up on the road and by the time we pass through, whatever caused it is gone. A word here and there would ease the pain!
A vote of confidence for Auctiva! They've done so much already - more than anybody else offering a similar service that I know of - and I trust 'em to get us up and running ASAP. And when they're good, which is most of the time, they're so very, very good!
quote:
Originally posted by jonprivate:
Fix these blasted Server Error in '/' Application. errors. We can't do anything, I haven't been able to post for the last 3 days. This is noway to run your business. Letting your developers code in production. You should have a test enviroment, and code in there, then when it past the test, and nothing breaks, move it to production. We can't do anything, til you get these dang errors fixed. Your team should be doing nothing else but fixing this issue!!!!

Jim I hate when people say "this is a free service blah blah blah." It doesn't have to be a free service. The website is worthy of making a competitive monthly rate. With that said it's also a service that I choose to run my business from and the reason I run my business from here is because 99% of the time it runs great and they are probably the easiest dite I have ever worked from. It's that 1% when something goes wrong and we get left in the dark that bothers me. Free or not if we are going to choose this iste to run our businesses from then we deserve to be treated fairly. Auctiva brands it's name all over my listings and all over my images. They also have plenty of services that they offer that people have to pay for so no it's really not a free site. And to be honest when I spend a day preparing items to be listed and then come here and can't list properly for a day and a half well I think I have a right to know what is going on. If it's going to cost me money when the people running this site decide to change things around and not test it before hand and make sure it's working perfect that I think I have a right to complain. I did the same thing as you did though and I got it done but it was a real pain. I like this site a lot and don't usually complain except when it really hits the fan. I am not a part time ebayer this is my business. This is my full time job so if auctiva fails that means I fail and the worst thing is there is nothing I can do about it.
Free? Yea free is good, but when free doesn't work what is the point. I do this for a living and this is the 6th or 7th time over a year I've had major problems. Figures, got just enough of a set I am trying to list up with short spanned endings and now I can't even change the listing times on the few that scheduled. I'm seriously reconsidering Turbo Lister and the pic manager I still pay for anyway, just for these events.
I just posted a listing and I daresay it was the fastest posting ever! But before that I couldn't access Auctiva at all for about 1/2 hr. So it's very much hit-or-miss still.

When I get a runtime error, I have been trying out this method: hit the "back" button on the browser, and try the action again. It seems to be working, but I'm sure that's just as much of a fluke as anything else in runtime-error-world. Just thought I'd mention it as something to try.
Generally I take things in stride, try to keep things in perspective and realize that things like Auctiva not working are not the end of the world. However, to be able to list one item, get all enthused again and to have the second listing full of errors...after waiting over 2 days to list...is just about bringing me to tears. The listings that have posted have fractured templates and look horrible. I am disabled and count on my eBay money to buy pills and food. Certainly not luxuries. I know this problem is not intentional but there just has to be some way for it to be corrected in a reasonable amount of time. All of us here are beginning to suffer both emotionally and financially. A listing problem in a program should not cause overall suffering to 100s of people.
I keep having run time errors. As soon as my auction is ready to save and post I hit save and it get the error and all my hard work disappears. It is working intermittently. Just want to know how to fix this problem. I need to post many different items. This is my time off from work and I really need help with this problem. Thank you, Kim
It was definitely longer than 90 minutes since my last update. I decided not to do a site wide alert, as we were able to get things a little more stable. Although things are not perfect as they stand right now. If you hit a couple specific servers, you are more likely to get a server too busy message. Other people are not impacted at all.

Our work on this continues and I've asked some of the other staff to update this thread with more information.

-Kevin
Come on. this is ridiculous! Ut may be hit or miss for some of you. but for me it has been total miss! I have been trying for 3 days to ist a few aucitons. Not a single one has worked. I have wasted over 20 hours of time. Where is your promise to put a site wide alert if it wasn't fixed in 90 mioutes? Not only do you have al ousy site and poor support, your word is no good either.
Good morning,

I'm sorry you're experiencing this Beth.

I wanted to let you and Jeff (along with his staff) know that I've been online with Auctiva for the last hour EST tweaking scheduled auctions, adding new ones and more.

Not a single problem.

I'm sorry you're experiencing this Beth..wish I could do something to help you.

I did want the Auctiva staff to know there are no problems on my end of Auctiva.

My Best,
Donna
For the past hour it's been working. Before that, it was very hit or miss (hence all of my posts on multiple boards). If it was due to maintenance, some sort of notification either here or on the main Auctiva page would be nice.

quote:
Originally posted by Suthrnjewl:
Good morning,

I wanted to let you and Jeff (along with his staff) know that I've been online with Auctiva for the last hour EST tweaking scheduled auctions, adding new ones and more.

Not a single problem.

I did want the Auctiva staff to know there are no problems on my end of Auctiva.

My Best,
Donna
3 days. I have yet to have a singel auciton work! I have been working on one auction this morning for over 2 hours now. If I don't get runtime error at the beginning or when I try to upload picutres, it comes when I try to schedule. Nothing at all is working. I have tried using IE and I've tried using AOL. Makes no difference. Nothing nothing nothing works for me! And hasn't for 3 days!
quote:
Originally posted by SeanC:
For the past hour it's been working. Before that, it was very hit or miss (hence all of my posts on multiple boards). If it was due to maintenance, some sort of notification either here or on the main Auctiva page would be nice.

quote:
Good morning,

Not a single problem.

My Best,
Donna

Call me crazy or anal retentive but to me...one posting would suffice in one place.

As the admin of one message board forum and a mod of another..multiple postings of the same issue in various places are a nightmare for anyone doing customer service.

If there is a problem, I do agree that an Alert would help all to be on the same page.

I've been here a year and love this place. There have been many times I'm online tweaking, uploading pics, or scheduling items and everything is going fine for me..but others are experiencing problems. I can only assume I'm on a different server.

When there is a burp for me while I'm using Auctiva..I move onto my backup..my plan B.

That way there is no time lost nor is my blood pressure rising.

One of the reasons I enjoy Auctiva so much is that I was with another paid third party service before this that was a nightmare and comparison of the services is like night and day.

I hope I'm not being pushy but...Do you have a backup plan in case there are glitches? It helps the blood pressure to always have a backup. If you can't use this service for one reason or another..then move onto plan B.

Just my thoughts on this issue. I'm so sorry you were inconvenienced by the outtage and my hope is for a better rest of the day.

My Best,
Donna
Last edited by suthrnjewl
quote:
Originally posted by Bethofvt:
3 days. I have yet to have a singel auciton work! I have been working on one auction this morning for over 2 hours now. If I don't get runtime error at the beginning or when I try to upload picutres, it comes when I try to schedule. Nothing at all is working. I have tried using IE and I've tried using AOL. Makes no difference. Nothing nothing nothing works for me! And hasn't for 3 days!

AOL is horrendous to use with Auctiva due to AOL's internet browser cannot be set to independent settings...it's documented on this board somewhere.

IE has problems with pop ups...have you taken the default pop up blocking off? What version are you running?

What is your personal firewall? Is it with AOL?

If you're using Zone Alarm a member posted the other day on the board the fix for getting around Zone Alarms personal settings.

It's highly recommended to use Firefox Browser. Most of we members do.

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

As I said, I'm sorry you're experiencing problems..I hope that some of the questions I've asked will help to narrow this situation down to an answer for you.

My Best,
Donna
I have been using Aucitva SUCCESSFULLY with both IE and AOL for over 8 months now. This is an Auctiva problem.
Yes, I have a backup plan. But,, wouldn't you know it involves using my FTP space on AOL and that was down last evening for 3 hours. In 8 yaars I've never known that to be down. Just this one time that I needed it because Aucitva didn't work.

I have gotten one aution to schedule finally. total working time on it: 2.75 hours. usually takes less thatn 5 minutes
What kind of backup plan can I put into place for LIVE AUCTIONS WITH BIDS THAT HAVE LESS THAN 24 HOURS TO END THAT ARE MISSING IMAGES? I can't add images to eBay, I can't edit my auction descriptions to include a image link to my own website.

Seriously, did you not even read my other posts? Judging by your response, I don't think so. I'm already well past the "being frustrated because I can't upload a listing bit (I got past that Sunday night when it took me 4 hours to be able to get an auction to list). I have had TL for years now, but moved to Auctiva for all of the cool features that I now can't use.

quote:

Call me crazy or anal retentive but to me...one posting would suffice in one place.

As the admin of one message board forum and a mod of another..multiple postings of the same issue in various places are a nightmare for anyone doing customer service.

If there is a problem, I do agree that an Alert would help all to be on the same page.

I've been here a year and love this place. There have been many times I'm online tweaking, uploading pics, or scheduling items and everything is going fine for me..but others are experiencing problems. I can only assume I'm on a different server.

When there is a burp for me while I'm using Auctiva..I move onto my backup..my plan B.

One of the reasons I enjoy Auctiva so much is that I was with another paid third party service before this that was a nightmare and comparison of the services is like night and day.

I hope I'm not being pushy but...Do you have a backup plan in case there are glitches? It helps the blood pressure to always have a backup. If you can't use this service for one reason or another..then move onto plan B.

Just my thoughts on this issue. I'm so sorry you were inconvenienced by the outtage and my hope is for a better rest of the day.

My Best,
Donna
quote:
Originally posted by SeanC:
What kind of backup plan can I put into place for LIVE AUCTIONS WITH BIDS THAT HAVE LESS THAN 24 HOURS TO END THAT ARE MISSING IMAGES? I can't add images to eBay, I can't edit my auction descriptions to include a image link to my own website.

Seriously, did you not even read my other posts? Judging by your response, I don't think so. I'm already well past the "being frustrated because I can't upload a listing bit (I got past that Sunday night when it took me 4 hours to be able to get an auction to list). I have had TL for years now, but moved to Auctiva for all of the cool features that I now can't use.

quote:

My Best,
Donna

Thanks for your well thought out response.

Peace,
Donna
You are missing pictures now too? If you have the "Auctiva" store window, is that missing as well? When my images wouldn't show up, the store was gone as well. And as I mentioned above, once they are up and have bids, you can't add or change the auctions to include other pictures or anything like that. If they don't have bids, you can upload a pic through eBay and it will be inserted into your auction (albeit at the bottom of it).

quote:
Originally posted by Aunt Veronica:
Just checked my auctions this morning. There aren't any PICTURES. Good grief, once they are listed I don't think a back-up plan will work for me.
quote:
Originally posted by Aunt Veronica:
Just checked my auctions this morning. There aren't any PICTURES. Good grief, once they are listed I don't think a back-up plan will work for me.

If you've followed all of the stickie thread notes regarding dump cache, history, temp files and you Can NOT view the five cars in the folder in the stickies....And you're pics are still unviewable to you.......

If your auctions don't have bids you have the option of having your pics hosted elsewhere and changing out the url of the pic.

My Best,
Donna

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.