Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by style-at-its-finest:
I am just hanging with the lost pictures and accepting what happens. I heard something about East Coast Servers not connecting with the West Coast Servers Nationally. Not sure if this is the problem or not.

All the screamers will have crow to eat if it is learned that it is a problem outside of Auctiva! ROFL

It's definitly an auctiva problem because all of my saved listings show no thumbnail and a red X when I open a saved listing that already has images saved to it.

People cry, what are you going to do? Remember it is their business and people do lose sales when there are no images. I don't have anything ending today or I might be crying too.
Hi, I am new to auctiva, well fairly new just a few weeks and this is my first 'problem'. Confused
I have sat down and decided on my own solution to this problem for the future. I am one of the lucky ones that already have access to two other privately owned web sites where I can store my images. Smile Also most email hosts have some space allotted to the storage of personal or other images. For a few minutes more work we can store our images on the mentioned sites as well and because they are not sites where the items are being sold, ebay allow a link to them to provide extra images of items being sold. I shall cover my back by providing a link from now on with all my listings.
It will not matter too much when or if, this happens again. Problem solved for me anyway Wink
That is a great solution. you should be able to get a photo bucket account easily enough if you don't have a website already set up. Upload your images go into the listing you want to change the images in on auctiva, select Image Hosting: Auctiva[ switch to externally hosted images ] then add the photo bucket link to your listing. Save the listing,then find the listing on the saved listings page it should be on the top if you have the listings sorted by the last time they were modified, to the right of the listing you will see <HTML> click that, a pop up will com up with the new HTML code for that listing, click select all, copy the code, go to ebay, open the listing you want to revise, click revise listing and past the code into the description box, save the changes and you now have a listing with working images. iT takes a little time to do but it's better than sitting here wasting time trying to figure out what happened. NO?
quote:
Originally posted by rinansano:
Over 9 years as a power seller, I can say Ebays own image hosting site, has gone down. Used to do it pretty often, they didn't refund any lost fees as I recall. Most of my auctions end with the items sold so they couldn't be relisted, and the monetary loss would be hard to determine. Auctiva, while it has gone down a handful of times over the 3 years that I have used it, has saved me thousands in picture fees, where else can you get 24 pics per auction for free? It's frustrating, but I am more disgusted with all of Ebays new policies than I could ever be with Auctiva.I will still use Auctiva, nothing is perfect 100% of the time.

And with ebays new policys, Any problem can cause Seller's DSR's to drop. Weither we pay for the service or not. Auctiva makes money money on us using there servies. We may not pay them but someone is.

Nothing runs right all the time. Agreed. With ebay changin there java scripts on a whim it has to be hard to keep up with the patches and fixes.

I just dont want to keep seeing people say hey it's free. Nothing is free.

Auctiva makes my listing easy. thats why i use it. Now that I list everything thru them I need it to work. I've have to open 3 tickets in the last 30 day. Thats allot. I havn't had to contact ebay in over 6 months so here is a problem here.

Just becase there TOU or TOS says they say there not responsible doesn't make it so. Most of all website's TOS and TOU would not hold up in court. It's just a matter if you have enought money to fight with them. Im not saying I want to go that route but as a Auctiva customer I expect a certain level of quality performances. And since Auctivas services involve real cash trasactions they are responsible and can be held responsible. Any business that makes money on providing a service is liable wither there TOU says so or not.
I know I'll carry on using Auctiva, but I'll have to find a way where I can do at least the first free image on ebay.

I don't put stuff on ebay regularly and I really can't afford to be giving stuff away for 99p as I am now because nobody's prepared to bid.

I know it's free, but it's still incredibly disappointing when this happens.
It's funny seeing the whiners. If the people crying foul were such high rollers they wouldn't be depending on Auctiva for image hosting. They would spend about 30 bucks and get on with photobucket or buy a dedicated server. Sure it sucks but if you don't like it pack up your sh** and move on. I've seen your kind before, you're the type who gets a not so hot meal in an eatery and complains hoping to get it free. IF by chance you have a high dollar auction then go in and cancel it then relost later on with an explanation as to why you had to do that.
Sometime all a person need to calm there nerves is a little notice. an email saying "Hey theres seems to be a problem" "somone working on it or has been made aware of the problems" Not "Hey its free, shut-up"

Why is it we as sellers have to hold our customers hand thru the whole transaction (and it's still not enough) Yet other company's don't have to be responcible for crap. Your cable company doesn't bother to tell you there in the area and that service might be interupted.. Or your web host is having problmes with a specific ISP and it's not our problem call them!

Somtimes I just want to know who's problem it is. Mine, Auctiva's, ebays, or the world wide web's I wnat to know it's not my friggin microsoft an not end up reformatting my pc for no reason.

I could end up selling 10 things today and have each customer say hey thats not what i thought i was getting, there was no picture. and ebay will make me give them there money back, casue i have to be resposible wiehter my lisitng terms say i am or not.
Its free for you so suck it up.
quote:
Originally posted by Easy Street Discount:
quote:
Originally posted by rinansano:
Over 9 years as a power seller, I can say Ebays own image hosting site, has gone down. Used to do it pretty often, they didn't refund any lost fees as I recall. Most of my auctions end with the items sold so they couldn't be relisted, and the monetary loss would be hard to determine. Auctiva, while it has gone down a handful of times over the 3 years that I have used it, has saved me thousands in picture fees, where else can you get 24 pics per auction for free? It's frustrating, but I am more disgusted with all of Ebays new policies than I could ever be with Auctiva.I will still use Auctiva, nothing is perfect 100% of the time.

And with ebays new policys, Any problem can cause Seller's DSR's to drop. Weither we pay for the service or not. Auctiva makes money money on us using there servies. We may not pay them but someone is.

Nothing runs right all the time. Agreed. With ebay changin there java scripts on a whim it has to be hard to keep up with the patches and fixes.

I just dont want to keep seeing people say hey it's free. Nothing is free.

Auctiva makes my listing easy. thats why i use it. Now that I list everything thru them I need it to work. I've have to open 3 tickets in the last 30 day. Thats allot. I havn't had to contact ebay in over 6 months so here is a problem here.

Just becase there TOU or TOS says they say there not responsible doesn't make it so. Most of all website's TOS and TOU would not hold up in court. It's just a matter if you have enought money to fight with them. Im not saying I want to go that route but as a Auctiva customer I expect a certain level of quality performances. And since Auctivas services involve real cash trasactions they are responsible and can be held responsible. Any business that makes money on providing a service is liable wither there TOU says so or not.
quote:
Originally posted by gruven:
It's funny seeing the whiners. If the people crying foul were such high rollers they wouldn't be depending on Auctiva for image hosting. They would spend about 30 bucks and get on with photobucket or buy a dedicated server. Sure it sucks but if you don't like it pack up your sh** and move on. I've seen your kind before, you're the type who gets a not so hot meal in an eatery and complains hoping to get it free. IF by chance you have a high dollar auction then go in and cancel it then relost later on with an explanation as to why you had to do that.

And I like seeing the IGNORANT responces like this one. I have a website and can host my own pictures but due to the volume of sales I do it is easier to use this site to list. Saves me hours of time.

And since Gruven just registerd today. Or just doens't have the pair to use his real loggin?":
Last edited by easystreetdiscount
it's all a thing called assumption of risk! For all you whiners know Auctiva is still trying to figure out the issue. Obviously YOU know there is an issue so why do you need an email saying there is an issue? Maybe they aren't working on it, maybe they are. In the end it will be resolved. No one is saying "hey, it's free shut up" what we are saying is--you should have realistic expectations because many other similar services have similar problems from time to time and they CHARGE.

In Auctiva's case they provide their service for free and you get a lot more than what you are inconvenienced. If your business is your livelihood or you make so much on ebay listings on a given day--change your approach! spread your listings out, switch services, but please, please stop crying the sky is falling!!

Customers who purchase items when no pictures are visible are euqally assuming the risk! If that happens then they were a potentially problematic buyer to begin with!

My 3 year old doesn't whine as much as some of these people have on auctiva in just a couple of hours!
quote:
Originally posted by Color Me New Resale:
Auctiva is FREE as far as you PAYING MONEY. THere are other choices, use them and stop complaining!! We know there is a problem and it is inconvenient. Don't like it? Can't deal with it? Well, none of that will change the fact that there is an image problem right now.

Another ignorant statement fomr another new member? This forum is here to discuss issues and yes complain if there is a need to.
I have a customer from the Phoenix, AZ area and she can see my pictures just fine. I live near Sacramento, CA and cannot see my own pictures. This maybe isolated to certain areas around the country.

Also, I have dealt with another well know lister that charges and did not have much better luck with them. There were the same picture and listing problems that rarely seems to happen here. I can deal with once a month issues for the amount of money I am saving. For the difference in the price I am sticking right here, :-)!
Easy Street--Complaining is not the problem, it is the things being said in the complaints. I can't help but laugh. As for my comments being ignorant according to you, you yourself stated you benefit from using auctiva--but I bet you don't spend equal amount of hours posting abou how great the service is when it works for you and the amount of hours and money you saved by using it. Of course not! XOXO
quote:
Easy Street--Complaining is not the problem, it is the things being said in the complaints. I can't help but laugh. As for my comments being ignorant according to you, you yourself stated you benefit from using auctiva--but I bet you don't spend equal amount of hours posting abou how great the service is when it works for you and the amount of hours and money you saved by using it. Of course not! XOXO

No becuase normally I would be busy working and speding time with my familly. Not trying to find answers to give my customers on why my store is not working properly.

I dont come here to make fun of other community members (unleess provoked) I have better things to do.
If this is not a problem for you then why are you here? Just to harrass others?
It sure is strange. I sell on 3 sites. Most of my pics are still showing, only a few are missing here and there. 2 are auctions sites, and I still have my Ebay store. I didn't check my store yet, but I imagine those pics will still be there.

The worst part for me is one of my pics that is MIA is for a Featured Auction. Yikes! Thats not good. I have to pay good money for a featured listing, and not to have the pic? It's going to be costly for me due to just that one auction.

But, as far as Auctivas service, I really like it, and have been here for many years, and seldom has there been any problems. You really can't beat the service and it's free. I'm sure it will be fixed as soon as possible. Keeping fingers crossed. Smile
quote:
EasyStreetDiscount:If this is not a problem for you then why are you here?

It's called fair & balanced...

Some of us saw the need to be a voice of reason.

That's all.

We all sell, if we're here we have the same issues as you. We just chose to handle it differently. Just because some are not ranting or raving or freaking out, doesn't mean it doesn't apply to us.

It's all in how you handle it...

I would hate to see some in a real crisis. This is truly not a crisis...unfortunate & inconvenient, yes. Frustrating, yes. Just be a little patient.
quote:

And if Auctiiva was to sned me an email asking for feedback... Yes I would say "Thanks for the services. I save allot of time and money" I would also say "Yes.. I wold gladly pay to to improve this service."

But it's not my job to or have I been asked for my feedback or opinons.

I am sorry may I should have said "unproductive" instead of "Ignorant". But both work when you "ignore" the situation to imput unproductive staements instead of discussing.

I always wonder why a person has to register a new account and make it personal unless there someway affiliated with the site or is really just that misserable that they feel they need to share there lissery pupon others.

thanks for your input :OD
quote:
Originally posted by LifeisLike:
It's called fair & balanced...

Some of us saw the need to be a voice of reason.

That's all.

We all sell, if we're here we have the same issues as you. We just chose to handle it differently. Just because some are not ranting or raving or freaking out, doesn't mean it doesn't apply to us.

It's all in how you handle it...

I would hate to see some in a real crisis. This is truly not a crisis...unfortunate & inconvenient, yes. Frustrating, yes. Just be a little patient.

Well said!
quote:
Originally posted by Easy Street Discount:
quote:

And if Auctiiva was to sned me an email asking for feedback... Yes I would say "Thanks for the services. I save allot of time and money" I would also say "Yes.. I wold gladly pay to to improve this service."

But it's not my job to or have I been asked for my feedback or opinons.

I am sorry may I should have said "unproductive" instead of "Ignorant". But both work when you "ignore" the situation to imput unproductive staements instead of discussing.

I always wonder why a person has to register a new account and make it personal unless there someway affiliated with the site or is really just that misserable that they feel they need to share there lissery pupon others.

thanks for your input :OD

i actually simply forgot my original registration info--however, none of my information is anonymous. You clearly have way too much time on your hands if you are now spewing out conspiracy theories. So don't worry your little head wondering, it is simple, I couldn't remember my log in information! No conspiracy theory there! I don't work for auctiva and I am not hiding anything. In fact I have a pair bigger than you can probably envision and am not hiding behind a new id. sorry charlie, better lucky next time.
i like your style style-at-its-finest.Smile

...i have 300 auctions ending tonight. i feel like a sitting duck for auctions ending and with lots of lost revenue..BUT...i too have had TERRIBLE experiences with PAYING services and auctiva is by far the best thing out there. ..i just don't see how we can blame them for an issue that wasn't their fault.(SEE THE NEWS SECTION OF THE COMMUNITY FORUM) ..yes, we are all upset by this and it's easy to lash out. ..i just have to take a deep breath and realize that life is life and sometimes junk happens. ...you deal with it the best you can and keep moving on and hoping for the best. i feel for us all!...and auctiva too.. "/
Style, apparently you DON'T feel the pinch as much as some of us do. Do you depend on Ebay to make your mortgage payment and pay the bills? Do you have multiple car auctions ending with starting bids because buyers can't see the images and who will buy a car when they can't "SEE" it? I'll bet not. You don't understand what a "pinch" is and until you do, don't preach to others who do.
quote:
by the way, for those claiming auctiva is not telling us what is going on--simply go the the news section of the community forum and you will see the updates:

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1081020...501062292#2501062292

Thanks so much for the information! It would appear the problem is from Amazon not Auctiva. Here is what the site you provided stated:

Amazon, our storage provider, is having a service interruption that's causing problems serving some of your photos.

It shows updates on the site to tell where things are now.

Thanks again!
this is a nightmare. i have a dozen auctions ending within the next 4 - 6 hours with NO NADA EL ZIP photos! i am at my wit's end. i don't do this ebay selling for pleasure. i do it for the money. i thought for sure this would have been cleared up by now -- it HAS been hours! i AM a patient person but really this takes the cake! I hope they have a large number of competent staff members working on this--but again it IS the weekend. having worked in my past life for many years in the corporate world of computers, telecommunications, etc. i know the SKELETON CREW works on the weekends!!!! i just hope they have some EXPERIENCED staff working (normally not the case on weekends in these jobs!) i think i need a glass of wine!
quote:
Originally posted by wimom:
Style, apparently you DON'T feel the pinch as much as some of us do. Do you depend on Ebay to make your mortgage payment and pay the bills? Do you have multiple car auctions ending with starting bids because buyers can't see the images and who will buy a car when they can't "SEE" it? I'll bet not. You don't understand what a "pinch" is and until you do, don't preach to others who do.

ebay is my ONLY income but I don't put all my eggs in one basket. I list various times of day, various times of the week. It may be a pinch for you as it is for all of us--but there is nothing you can do about it. It's how it goes sometimes. Or use ebay to add the images straight from your computer if it is that critical and imperative since you are selling big ticket items.
Thought I would add an idea to all of this. I normally run about 800 auctions on eBay at any given time. Of course, I've had my share of days when the image hosting has gone down using various image hosting services. What I started doing is breaking my image hosting up - I've got some on SellerSourcebook (which has a low monthly fee) and some on Auctiva. At least right now - not all of my images are missing from my auctions. This solution might not be for everyone but at least I'm not as frazed since at least some of my auctions are still running normally.

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.