Skip to main content

Yes Auctiva is aware and they are working on it! Do not judge Auctiva by this issue. They are free and are upgrading soon.

Sometimes things like this happen and I can guarantee you that they are still the best by far. I have used Services that you have to PAY for and Auctiva is still the best I have seen yet!

We have all "had a cow" for now. Let's just let them fix the problem.
Support Our Troops!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

All of my listings, current as well as recently sold items are sitting out there naked with no images. One of the truest things said about this country is you get what you pay for and I got greedy a year ago by going with Auctiva's free service and have been using them ever since. Now 2500 missing images later....
Can anybody tell me what is going on today?
quote:
Originally posted by style-at-its-finest:
Yes Auctiva is aware and they are working on it! Do not judge Auctiva by this issue. They are free and are upgrading soon.

Sometimes things like this happen and I can guarantee you that they are still the best by far. I have used Services that you have to PAY for and Auctiva is still the best I have seen yet!

I have to confess. I checked out inkfrog and for $9.95 a month they don't seem any better (at all) than auctiva. When auctiva runs smooth it is ssssssmoooooooth. And it has made me look quite proficient with computer skills which is quite a compliment given my limited skills on the computer. I just hope they finish with the upgrades sooner than later! Thanks for people's support and encouragement on this board, otherwise I'd be nailbitin' or worse cuticle nibblin'
quote:

WHO the F___ cares if it's free. It still just cost me money. I would gladly pay for this service it they could keep it running right. I've had problems every weekend for the last month. Just because they made the business decission to offer a free service dosen't mean that the sevice should have this many problems. It still cost us to list and ebay fees ain't gettin any cheaper. We still have the right to bitch and complain. When we hand the livlyhood of our business over to a third party service and have over a thousand store items and over 50 buy now and auction items ending today. We expect a relilable service. Having no pictures Just means i wasted a weeks worht of auctions and buy nows and I had to shut my sotre donw today.

So don't say we don't have the right. If I remember right i recieved an email or an ad way back a year ago asking to use this site and seeking my business.

Grrrr, I hate when i see someone saying "Hey It's free"
Last edited by easystreetdiscount
I completely agree. No one that keeps shouting "calm down, it's free" seems to realize that Auctiva is a business that makes money by SELLING SHIPPING INSURANCE. If they didn't offer the service for free, no one would use it and they wouldn't make a dime.

It's the business model that THEY chose and I'd gladly PAY for a service so I would be compensated in the even that something like this happens again.

quote:
Originally posted by Easy Street Discount:
quote:

WHO the F___ cares if it's free. It still just cost me money. I would gladly pay for this service it they could keep it running right. I've had problems every weekend for the last month. Just because they made the business decission to offer a free service dosen't mean that the sevice should have this many problems. It still cost us to list and ebay fees ain't gettin any cheaper. We still have the right to bitch and complain. When we hand the livlyhood of our business over to a third party service and have over a thousand store items and over 50 buy now and auction items ending today. We expect a relilable service. Having no pictures Just means i wasted a weeks worht of auctions and buy nows and I had to shut my sotre donw today.

So don't say we don't have the right. If I remember right i recieved an email or an ad way back a year ago asking to use this site and seeking my business.

Grrrr, I hate when i see someone saying "Hey It's free"
Easy Street, I totally agree with you. I hate these "glass is always half full" type of people who, God forbid, can't say a bad word about anyone or anything. Yes it's free, but it's STILL suppose to work. This costs us all money when images are down because very few people bid when they can't see what they are bidding on. I think Style needs to come off the helium and get real that this hurts the Ebay seller who is just trying to pay the bills no matter HOW much we pay (or don't pay).
Over 9 years as a power seller, I can say Ebays own image hosting site, has gone down. Used to do it pretty often, they didn't refund any lost fees as I recall. Most of my auctions end with the items sold so they couldn't be relisted, and the monetary loss would be hard to determine. Auctiva, while it has gone down a handful of times over the 3 years that I have used it, has saved me thousands in picture fees, where else can you get 24 pics per auction for free? It's frustrating, but I am more disgusted with all of Ebays new policies than I could ever be with Auctiva.I will still use Auctiva, nothing is perfect 100% of the time.
quote:
zandygoo

The service is FREE. If you loose money because of glitches it is because you chose to use this service. This also happens with paid services because computer systems are not flawless. IF you are a seller that has hundreds of thousands of dollars at stake you should buy your own server and host your own images. Yes, it is inconvenient but it is so funny to see how quickly some people forget all of the FREE and great benefits we get from auctiva. It happens, relax, deal with it or use a different service.
Very well said, ColorMeNew...

I was sitting here reading all these responses and was thinking the same thing.

Things happen, nothing is perfect 100% of the time. Just because one pays for these services or the services are 'free' does not guarantee there will never be a glitch, issue, down time, ect.

If someone knows of such a site, that is where they should go. I think most all of us understand that if you have auctions ending now, this is most unfortunate. But, hey things happen.

I have used Auctiva for almost 2 years as well and have never had an issue with images or anything else for that matter. Likewise, this service has saved me tons of money in photo features over the past two years.

It's only temporary...it just doesn't seem that way right now! Relax & have a little patience. This too shall pass.
LIFEISLIKE:

It is more frustrating to hear all of the complaints, yet once the Auctiva issue is resolved those people still STAY here. I'm sorry but I save HUNDREDS in the images I can place in my listings alone! But honestly, if a seller has such a huge empire that they would go out of business with these sporadic issues . . .then it is their responsibility to have safety measures, etc.

All business have risks and all similar services have occassional down time. Stop complaining and take the good with the bad. I have over 3500 listings and although it is frustrating, it won't kill me. I am very grateful for this FREE service and ALL of the great features! I dont use pay pal I have my own merchant account to accept credit cards--with Auctiva I can link the processing FREE without having to pay for an integrated shopping cart/checkout. So to all you complainers, I understand it is frustrating, but just take a chill pill it is not that serious, if it is, then you should find an alternative.
OMG! I'm freaking out! I came home from the flea just now to 9 emails of people asking me where my photos are! ALL OF THEM ARE SHOWING RED X's!!

I can't believe this!! I feel like crying even. As bad as things are when pics are there, this sucks!!!!!! And it appears it's been HOURS so far. I wonder how many hours??? 12?? or is it like 3?

OMG.....I wish I stayed w/ my last company now! This never happened! What's the difference if Auctiva is free but loses $$ w/ no pics or pay 25 to a site that this doesn't happen and MAKE $$??

I hate to sound ungrateful but I did put total TRUST into Auctiva. Now I am not so sure which site I should list with. ???
Hi All, I just checked out Ink Frog and they had the same problem today. Apparently a whole datacenter is down at Amazon, which is where they store their pics? Anyway, they were able to reroute their servers and their pics are now coming back on line. Auctiva may be set up the same way so that's why they're down? I hope that Auctiva can reroute as well, and soon! I had grand listing plans for today as well as current auctions out there, now with no pics. Eek
Color Me Knew

Amen,you are so right....
Hey I live in Florida and I have learned by now if it's not a "hurricane" then life is good...

I too am grateful this service is available. I would be lost without it.

In the 'bigger picture' (no pun intended), Auctiva will get this restored & for some another crisis will come along as soon as this one is fixed.

*Note, some might need to take 2 Chillpills & call Auctiva in the morning!
Not sure I have the right to comment here, as my sales are so small and so this hick up doesn't affect me terribly. However, I do feel some things being said are very harsh indeed.
I think Auctiva are great!
I have watched a relative who uses a rather expensive (in my opinion) host and he has way much more trouble with it, than I've ever had with Autiva.
I hope they can and do fix it though.
Hope this is helpful to some - I keep an offline photo album of pics of auctions listed, so am loading pictures directly on ebay to replace at least the gallery pic. It's not much, the Auctiva window is of course still empty, and only the picture gallery picture shows up on the listing, but at least there is SOMETHING for your customer to look at when the listing is pulled up. Not being a computer genius by any stretch, I'm not sure if this change will have any repercussions once the service comes back up, and it won't help the folks who have listings ending within the next 24 hours, but a bandaid at this point may be better than nothing.
A situation like this occurred almost three years ago. It had nothing to do with sites like auctiva ebay etc. two major servers got into an issue over the other using there bandwith or something like that and the server pulled back . This effected many people all over eBay and major web hosting sites. Grrr now I have no excuse to not vacuum this afternoon and get everyones laundry done here until the picture situation is fixed.
Could also be something simple like a slight change in eBay software that Auctiva has to conform to in order for the software to be back up and running.
Good luck everyone and Thank You Auctiva people I know you will get it worked out again.
quote:
I am just hanging with the lost pictures and accepting what happens. I heard something about East Coast Servers not connecting with the West Coast Servers Nationally. Not sure if this is the problem or not.

All the screamers will have crow to eat if it is learned that it is a problem outside of Auctiva! ROFL

It's definitly an auctiva problem because all of my saved listings show no thumbnail and a red X when I open a saved listing that already has images saved to it.

People cry, what are you going to do? Remember it is their business and people do lose sales when there are no images. I don't have anything ending today or I might be crying too.
Hi, I am new to auctiva, well fairly new just a few weeks and this is my first 'problem'. Confused
I have sat down and decided on my own solution to this problem for the future. I am one of the lucky ones that already have access to two other privately owned web sites where I can store my images. Smile Also most email hosts have some space allotted to the storage of personal or other images. For a few minutes more work we can store our images on the mentioned sites as well and because they are not sites where the items are being sold, ebay allow a link to them to provide extra images of items being sold. I shall cover my back by providing a link from now on with all my listings.
It will not matter too much when or if, this happens again. Problem solved for me anyway Wink
That is a great solution. you should be able to get a photo bucket account easily enough if you don't have a website already set up. Upload your images go into the listing you want to change the images in on auctiva, select Image Hosting: Auctiva[ switch to externally hosted images ] then add the photo bucket link to your listing. Save the listing,then find the listing on the saved listings page it should be on the top if you have the listings sorted by the last time they were modified, to the right of the listing you will see <HTML> click that, a pop up will com up with the new HTML code for that listing, click select all, copy the code, go to ebay, open the listing you want to revise, click revise listing and past the code into the description box, save the changes and you now have a listing with working images. iT takes a little time to do but it's better than sitting here wasting time trying to figure out what happened. NO?
quote:
Originally posted by rinansano:
Over 9 years as a power seller, I can say Ebays own image hosting site, has gone down. Used to do it pretty often, they didn't refund any lost fees as I recall. Most of my auctions end with the items sold so they couldn't be relisted, and the monetary loss would be hard to determine. Auctiva, while it has gone down a handful of times over the 3 years that I have used it, has saved me thousands in picture fees, where else can you get 24 pics per auction for free? It's frustrating, but I am more disgusted with all of Ebays new policies than I could ever be with Auctiva.I will still use Auctiva, nothing is perfect 100% of the time.

And with ebays new policys, Any problem can cause Seller's DSR's to drop. Weither we pay for the service or not. Auctiva makes money money on us using there servies. We may not pay them but someone is.

Nothing runs right all the time. Agreed. With ebay changin there java scripts on a whim it has to be hard to keep up with the patches and fixes.

I just dont want to keep seeing people say hey it's free. Nothing is free.

Auctiva makes my listing easy. thats why i use it. Now that I list everything thru them I need it to work. I've have to open 3 tickets in the last 30 day. Thats allot. I havn't had to contact ebay in over 6 months so here is a problem here.

Just becase there TOU or TOS says they say there not responsible doesn't make it so. Most of all website's TOS and TOU would not hold up in court. It's just a matter if you have enought money to fight with them. Im not saying I want to go that route but as a Auctiva customer I expect a certain level of quality performances. And since Auctivas services involve real cash trasactions they are responsible and can be held responsible. Any business that makes money on providing a service is liable wither there TOU says so or not.
I know I'll carry on using Auctiva, but I'll have to find a way where I can do at least the first free image on ebay.

I don't put stuff on ebay regularly and I really can't afford to be giving stuff away for 99p as I am now because nobody's prepared to bid.

I know it's free, but it's still incredibly disappointing when this happens.
It's funny seeing the whiners. If the people crying foul were such high rollers they wouldn't be depending on Auctiva for image hosting. They would spend about 30 bucks and get on with photobucket or buy a dedicated server. Sure it sucks but if you don't like it pack up your sh** and move on. I've seen your kind before, you're the type who gets a not so hot meal in an eatery and complains hoping to get it free. IF by chance you have a high dollar auction then go in and cancel it then relost later on with an explanation as to why you had to do that.
Sometime all a person need to calm there nerves is a little notice. an email saying "Hey theres seems to be a problem" "somone working on it or has been made aware of the problems" Not "Hey its free, shut-up"

Why is it we as sellers have to hold our customers hand thru the whole transaction (and it's still not enough) Yet other company's don't have to be responcible for crap. Your cable company doesn't bother to tell you there in the area and that service might be interupted.. Or your web host is having problmes with a specific ISP and it's not our problem call them!

Somtimes I just want to know who's problem it is. Mine, Auctiva's, ebays, or the world wide web's I wnat to know it's not my friggin microsoft an not end up reformatting my pc for no reason.

I could end up selling 10 things today and have each customer say hey thats not what i thought i was getting, there was no picture. and ebay will make me give them there money back, casue i have to be resposible wiehter my lisitng terms say i am or not.
Its free for you so suck it up.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by rinansano:

And with ebays new policys, Any problem can cause Seller's DSR's to drop. Weither we pay for the service or not. Auctiva makes money money on us using there servies. We may not pay them but someone is.

Nothing runs right all the time. Agreed. With ebay changin there java scripts on a whim it has to be hard to keep up with the patches and fixes.

I just dont want to keep seeing people say hey it's free. Nothing is free.

Auctiva makes my listing easy. thats why i use it. Now that I list everything thru them I need it to work. I've have to open 3 tickets in the last 30 day. Thats allot. I havn't had to contact ebay in over 6 months so here is a problem here.

Just becase there TOU or TOS says they say there not responsible doesn't make it so. Most of all website's TOS and TOU would not hold up in court. It's just a matter if you have enought money to fight with them. Im not saying I want to go that route but as a Auctiva customer I expect a certain level of quality performances. And since Auctivas services involve real cash trasactions they are responsible and can be held responsible. Any business that makes money on providing a service is liable wither there TOU says so or not.
quote:
Originally posted by gruven:
It's funny seeing the whiners. If the people crying foul were such high rollers they wouldn't be depending on Auctiva for image hosting. They would spend about 30 bucks and get on with photobucket or buy a dedicated server. Sure it sucks but if you don't like it pack up your sh** and move on. I've seen your kind before, you're the type who gets a not so hot meal in an eatery and complains hoping to get it free. IF by chance you have a high dollar auction then go in and cancel it then relost later on with an explanation as to why you had to do that.

And I like seeing the IGNORANT responces like this one. I have a website and can host my own pictures but due to the volume of sales I do it is easier to use this site to list. Saves me hours of time.

And since Gruven just registerd today. Or just doens't have the pair to use his real loggin?":
Last edited by easystreetdiscount
it's all a thing called assumption of risk! For all you whiners know Auctiva is still trying to figure out the issue. Obviously YOU know there is an issue so why do you need an email saying there is an issue? Maybe they aren't working on it, maybe they are. In the end it will be resolved. No one is saying "hey, it's free shut up" what we are saying is--you should have realistic expectations because many other similar services have similar problems from time to time and they CHARGE.

In Auctiva's case they provide their service for free and you get a lot more than what you are inconvenienced. If your business is your livelihood or you make so much on ebay listings on a given day--change your approach! spread your listings out, switch services, but please, please stop crying the sky is falling!!

Customers who purchase items when no pictures are visible are euqally assuming the risk! If that happens then they were a potentially problematic buyer to begin with!

My 3 year old doesn't whine as much as some of these people have on auctiva in just a couple of hours!
quote:
Originally posted by Color Me New Resale:
Auctiva is FREE as far as you PAYING MONEY. THere are other choices, use them and stop complaining!! We know there is a problem and it is inconvenient. Don't like it? Can't deal with it? Well, none of that will change the fact that there is an image problem right now.

Another ignorant statement fomr another new member? This forum is here to discuss issues and yes complain if there is a need to.
I have a customer from the Phoenix, AZ area and she can see my pictures just fine. I live near Sacramento, CA and cannot see my own pictures. This maybe isolated to certain areas around the country.

Also, I have dealt with another well know lister that charges and did not have much better luck with them. There were the same picture and listing problems that rarely seems to happen here. I can deal with once a month issues for the amount of money I am saving. For the difference in the price I am sticking right here, :-)!
Easy Street--Complaining is not the problem, it is the things being said in the complaints. I can't help but laugh. As for my comments being ignorant according to you, you yourself stated you benefit from using auctiva--but I bet you don't spend equal amount of hours posting abou how great the service is when it works for you and the amount of hours and money you saved by using it. Of course not! XOXO
quote:
Easy Street--Complaining is not the problem, it is the things being said in the complaints. I can't help but laugh. As for my comments being ignorant according to you, you yourself stated you benefit from using auctiva--but I bet you don't spend equal amount of hours posting abou how great the service is when it works for you and the amount of hours and money you saved by using it. Of course not! XOXO

No becuase normally I would be busy working and speding time with my familly. Not trying to find answers to give my customers on why my store is not working properly.

I dont come here to make fun of other community members (unleess provoked) I have better things to do.
If this is not a problem for you then why are you here? Just to harrass others?
It sure is strange. I sell on 3 sites. Most of my pics are still showing, only a few are missing here and there. 2 are auctions sites, and I still have my Ebay store. I didn't check my store yet, but I imagine those pics will still be there.

The worst part for me is one of my pics that is MIA is for a Featured Auction. Yikes! Thats not good. I have to pay good money for a featured listing, and not to have the pic? It's going to be costly for me due to just that one auction.

But, as far as Auctivas service, I really like it, and have been here for many years, and seldom has there been any problems. You really can't beat the service and it's free. I'm sure it will be fixed as soon as possible. Keeping fingers crossed. Smile
quote:
EasyStreetDiscount:If this is not a problem for you then why are you here?

It's called fair & balanced...

Some of us saw the need to be a voice of reason.

That's all.

We all sell, if we're here we have the same issues as you. We just chose to handle it differently. Just because some are not ranting or raving or freaking out, doesn't mean it doesn't apply to us.

It's all in how you handle it...

I would hate to see some in a real crisis. This is truly not a crisis...unfortunate & inconvenient, yes. Frustrating, yes. Just be a little patient.
quote:

And if Auctiiva was to sned me an email asking for feedback... Yes I would say "Thanks for the services. I save allot of time and money" I would also say "Yes.. I wold gladly pay to to improve this service."

But it's not my job to or have I been asked for my feedback or opinons.

I am sorry may I should have said "unproductive" instead of "Ignorant". But both work when you "ignore" the situation to imput unproductive staements instead of discussing.

I always wonder why a person has to register a new account and make it personal unless there someway affiliated with the site or is really just that misserable that they feel they need to share there lissery pupon others.

thanks for your input :OD
quote:
Originally posted by LifeisLike:
It's called fair & balanced...

Some of us saw the need to be a voice of reason.

That's all.

We all sell, if we're here we have the same issues as you. We just chose to handle it differently. Just because some are not ranting or raving or freaking out, doesn't mean it doesn't apply to us.

It's all in how you handle it...

I would hate to see some in a real crisis. This is truly not a crisis...unfortunate & inconvenient, yes. Frustrating, yes. Just be a little patient.

Well said!
quote:
quote:

And if Auctiiva was to sned me an email asking for feedback... Yes I would say "Thanks for the services. I save allot of time and money" I would also say "Yes.. I wold gladly pay to to improve this service."

But it's not my job to or have I been asked for my feedback or opinons.

I am sorry may I should have said "unproductive" instead of "Ignorant". But both work when you "ignore" the situation to imput unproductive staements instead of discussing.

I always wonder why a person has to register a new account and make it personal unless there someway affiliated with the site or is really just that misserable that they feel they need to share there lissery pupon others.

thanks for your input :OD

i actually simply forgot my original registration info--however, none of my information is anonymous. You clearly have way too much time on your hands if you are now spewing out conspiracy theories. So don't worry your little head wondering, it is simple, I couldn't remember my log in information! No conspiracy theory there! I don't work for auctiva and I am not hiding anything. In fact I have a pair bigger than you can probably envision and am not hiding behind a new id. sorry charlie, better lucky next time.
i like your style style-at-its-finest.Smile

...i have 300 auctions ending tonight. i feel like a sitting duck for auctions ending and with lots of lost revenue..BUT...i too have had TERRIBLE experiences with PAYING services and auctiva is by far the best thing out there. ..i just don't see how we can blame them for an issue that wasn't their fault.(SEE THE NEWS SECTION OF THE COMMUNITY FORUM) ..yes, we are all upset by this and it's easy to lash out. ..i just have to take a deep breath and realize that life is life and sometimes junk happens. ...you deal with it the best you can and keep moving on and hoping for the best. i feel for us all!...and auctiva too.. "/
Style, apparently you DON'T feel the pinch as much as some of us do. Do you depend on Ebay to make your mortgage payment and pay the bills? Do you have multiple car auctions ending with starting bids because buyers can't see the images and who will buy a car when they can't "SEE" it? I'll bet not. You don't understand what a "pinch" is and until you do, don't preach to others who do.
quote:
by the way, for those claiming auctiva is not telling us what is going on--simply go the the news section of the community forum and you will see the updates:

https://community.auctiva.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1081020...501062292#2501062292

Thanks so much for the information! It would appear the problem is from Amazon not Auctiva. Here is what the site you provided stated:

Amazon, our storage provider, is having a service interruption that's causing problems serving some of your photos.

It shows updates on the site to tell where things are now.

Thanks again!
this is a nightmare. i have a dozen auctions ending within the next 4 - 6 hours with NO NADA EL ZIP photos! i am at my wit's end. i don't do this ebay selling for pleasure. i do it for the money. i thought for sure this would have been cleared up by now -- it HAS been hours! i AM a patient person but really this takes the cake! I hope they have a large number of competent staff members working on this--but again it IS the weekend. having worked in my past life for many years in the corporate world of computers, telecommunications, etc. i know the SKELETON CREW works on the weekends!!!! i just hope they have some EXPERIENCED staff working (normally not the case on weekends in these jobs!) i think i need a glass of wine!
quote:
Originally posted by wimom:
Style, apparently you DON'T feel the pinch as much as some of us do. Do you depend on Ebay to make your mortgage payment and pay the bills? Do you have multiple car auctions ending with starting bids because buyers can't see the images and who will buy a car when they can't "SEE" it? I'll bet not. You don't understand what a "pinch" is and until you do, don't preach to others who do.

ebay is my ONLY income but I don't put all my eggs in one basket. I list various times of day, various times of the week. It may be a pinch for you as it is for all of us--but there is nothing you can do about it. It's how it goes sometimes. Or use ebay to add the images straight from your computer if it is that critical and imperative since you are selling big ticket items.
Thought I would add an idea to all of this. I normally run about 800 auctions on eBay at any given time. Of course, I've had my share of days when the image hosting has gone down using various image hosting services. What I started doing is breaking my image hosting up - I've got some on SellerSourcebook (which has a low monthly fee) and some on Auctiva. At least right now - not all of my images are missing from my auctions. This solution might not be for everyone but at least I'm not as frazed since at least some of my auctions are still running normally.
Amazon Simple Storage Service (US) Elevated error rates less
9:05 AM PDT We are currently experiencing elevated error rates with S3. We are investigating.
9:26 AM PDT We're investigating an issue affecting requests. We'll continue to post updates here.
9:48 AM PDT Just wanted to provide an update that we are currently pursuing several paths of corrective action.
10:12 AM PDT We are continuing to pursue corrective action.
10:32 AM PDT A quick update that we believe this is an issue with the communication between several Amazon S3 internal components. We do not have an ETA at this time but will continue to keep you updated.
11:01 AM PDT We're currently in the process of testing a potential solution.
11:22 AM PDT Testing is still in progress. We're working very hard to restore service to our customers.
11:45 AM PDT We are still in the process of testing a series of configuration changes aimed at bringing the service back online.
12:05 PM PDT We have now restored communication between a small subset of hosts. We are working on restoring internal communication across the rest of the fleet. Once communication is fully restored, then we will work to restore request processing.
12:25 PM PDT We have restored communication between additional hosts and are continuing this work across the rest of the fleet. Thank you for your continued patience.
12:51 PM PDT The restored hosts are stable and we are moving forward in restoring communication between additional hosts.
1:17 PM PDT We continue to make incremental progress and communication between additional hosts has been restored. We are continuing with the plan to restore communication across Amazon S3's large fleet of hosts.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Color Me New Resale:
LIFEISLIKE:

I dont use pay pal I have my own merchant account to accept credit cards--with Auctiva I can link the processing FREE without having to pay for an integrated shopping cart/checkout. QUOTE]

How would I go about doing this? Sorry, I have never used a merchant account here..(I used to in my shop), but how do I connect all it together?

Thanks for any help.
Meanwhile, I wonder if I should list my unsold listings (unsold due to no pics). If I relist and I send them to auction or my store, either way no pics, right? So I might as well hold off on relisting. Man, at least if the economy was OK it wouldn't be such a nightmare! But bad economy + no images = an eBay seller's "DEPRESSION". I hope this is resolved soon!! I wonder what the heck takes so long to fix it and HOW it got "broken" so badly in the 1st place....
Sadly, I can't recall a Sunday in recent memory where there hasn't been a problem on Auctiva big enough to block me from listing anything.

Sunday is a bad, bad, bad day to list through Auctiva, because the smart sellers know that stuff goes for more money if it ends on Thursdays or Sundays, so you have both the 7-day Sunday enders colliding with the 5-day thursday enders for one hell of a bottleneck trafficjam on Auctiva's desperately-in-need-of-revamping servers.

I've started listing on Thursdays for 7-day, so it starts on a quiet(er?) day on Auctiva and ends on a busy day for eBay, but quiet day for Auctiva. I know that if things get really insane, I can switch the Auctiva lister over to html, cut and paste the html right into eBay, and pop on photobucket to upload my pics instead of being forced out by Auctiva's lack of ability to handle images at the moment. More steps? Sure it is. But if you really care about your work, you "work" for it!

Auctiva higher-ups - I hope you're catching on to the recurring theme here amongst your serious sellers and dedicated users. We like free, but we are willing to pay for a modestly-priced subscription upgrade *alternative* to run alongside your free service, in order to free ourselves of these (at this point) permanently recurring critical issues on the largest listing day.

Thanks;

-Fox
Hey All,

No matter what I have found auctiva to be one of the best sites for listings. Must main frustration with this is that I keep getting can't retrieve gallery image messages in my email from ebay. The problem with this is that I have over 5000 listings on ebay and it is crushing my email. Oh well...The thing that scared me was that all my old pictures would be lost...looks like that wouldn't be an issue, so I am happy.

Amy
quote:
Originally posted by womandi:
Why is everyone "guessing" what the problem is? Usually an Auctiva employee will post a comment to let us all know. Apparently no employees around today? Hmmmm....maybe they can't sign on (locked out?)

Thanks very much for that, works, but as mine has bids and a short time til ending it has copied underneath the original, but pics on there at least.
Thanks again.
quote:
Originally posted by ophiucus13:
I joined Auctiva because Andale failed to provide a reliable image hosting service particularly on Sunday evenings which is the vital listing / end time for auctions. Looking at my blank image boxes I wonder why I bothered. PEOPLE DO NOT BID IF THERE ARE NO PICTURES..... If you cannot provide the service, get out of the business.

OR, you can invest in your own server if you need the money from listings so desperately. Obviously you now know from experience this sort of thing is likely to happen no matter what service you use. When are the whiners going to get it? It happens, no matter what, when or when. Maybe if you cannot have a guaranteed format to ensure your listings are up and running and flawless YOU should get out the the business or consider another way to bring in income. Not to be harsh, but it is the reality. I depend on ebay to pay my bills but I don't fall apart and point fingers when it was my choice to use Auctiva instead of investing in my own server or keeping backup images on my computer. accept responsibility and stop complaining
okay, they posted the eta for us to be in about an hour and that was 10 minutes ago. Seriously, this will all pass. I have learned to just breathe. It there is a solution why worry about it and if there is no solution, why worry about it. it all works itself out. I just don't think that having such harsh complaints and demands on auctiva will change anything. IN fact, if all the complainers leave I'm sure it would free up much of the servers! LOL! JUST TEASIN' PEOPLE! . . .
Does anyone know how to post something without doing a "reply to" on someone's msg??? I have had a store on eBay for 4 years now, listed only thru Auctiva but I have NEVER been here! Sad, huh? The only reason I am here is because I cont. eBay about no pics and they gave me the link to this thread. Otherwise I would still be in the dark...Thanks..barb05130
To mydream I am new also and trying to reply I started a new subject near the top of the page there are buttons with icons first go then new,find,notify,tools & reply hit new and choose your option I think this will get you what you want. I have a question for you can you list in auctiva stores without there being a live ebay auction I cannot seem to get that answer. thanks and good luck

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.