Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by N:
Sharing brown pants that belong to a fly........
OK!!! Hero pants makes a diff.....but must they be shared at the same time????
Still I guess a fly is kinda small huh? Could be small enough to share with me personna which is??? OH yeah!!!! but it came with a warning about overalls, does that include brown hero pants???
quote:
So you might wanna' consider the overall implications.

Is there a way to preview me post before I jump in? I can't tell what I got here......
So the dashing pooh horse comes in for a moment after a days rest, posts and gitty ups outta here.....the nerve.
I need to know how to make that turtle a bit smaller Zeb....now when you trot back here.....let me know......or choo will be after you again with the wet newspaper.....and it sounds like the cheeky thing could get kinky...I'd be careful if I were you...

PS gonna be scarce myself to day....have work to do, it is really hard to leave all this fun.
Ms blinkin' eyes.....did you look at your Crumb tree for me?
Hey Ya'll! Just popped in for a second. --- I've been *super* busy the last couple days. Every time I get back here it seems within a minute or two something else comes up and I have to take off again. Frown
I have noticed tho...that there hasn't been much happening here (lately). Guess the 'busy-fairy' has been hard at work! -- btw...whatever happened to Taz?? I miss that fuzzy little devil ! Frown Smile Best wishes to Shadeaux, Ninth, Missy, ChooChoo, N, --and actually Everyone in the community!! -- here's hoping ya'll are having a GREAT weekend. Spring is definitely Bustin'-out here!! -- Well I'm off yet again... gotta' birthday party to attend! Big Grin --zeb Cool
Good grief an over 24 hour gap occurred, but as they (whoever they are) say "it 'aint't over 'til the fat lady sings"

Oh yes Ms M how's this for verbal revenge for for snapping me on the loo.
quote:
we're in the middle of another snowstorm (shudder) Will it ever end???

We have had the warmest Jaunary on record (hardly any frost, no snow, high single and moderate double figure temps deg C) followed by probably also the warmest February for a very long time. 2 weeks ago even went on a long walk in shirt sleeves and felt hot, the daytime temps were at least 12 to 13C although single figures at night for a few days. Razz

Bit cooler now but no snow for us this year !
quote:
We have had the warmest Jaunary on record (hardly any frost, no snow, high single and moderate double figure temps deg C) followed by probably also the warmest February for a very long time. 2 weeks ago even went on a long walk in shirt sleeves and felt hot, the daytime temps were at least 12 to 13C although single figures at night for a few days

I HATE YOU CHOO (Yes I'm yelling, I'm SO jealous) Razz I'm freezing my buns off here ugh!
So what is it there, about 9AM? I thought you didn't get up til the crack of noon (Much like myself) Big Grin I was just on my way to dreamland, it's 3AM here. At least you're still with us...the 'us' being very small as of late. I have another pic of you I got when you weren't looking, as long as I can find it I'll post it tomorrow,,can't keep my eyes open now. And don't worry, it doesn't show any of your buff bod... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin (Although you'd probably like that, hehehe)
Good morning Choo (and to anyone else who might happen to stop by)

I found this pic of you ..this was right after you saw your ebay invoice...

Warm & sunny huh? Well we have COLD & sunny..I think we only had sun for 3 days since November ... BRRRRR Frown

EDIT - I had a much funnier picture but you got lucky because I chickened out...it was a little too bizarre to post here Eek
Last edited by member8880
I also look that way when I try to sort out a certain equation and the answers come out all wrong namely, given :-

STR = number of items sold per number of item listed over a given period expressed as a ratio

PERIOD_FEE = fees for that period (whether insertion, FVF or subscription)

AVE_VALUE = Average sale price of item

PERIOD_WORTH = what the seller gets out of it during that period

QTY_LISTED = qty listed in that period

When considering other sites to sell on just in the UK (as 99% of current sales from greedbay sell in UK) I look at :-

PERIOD_WORTH = (STR x AVE_VALUE x QTY_LISTED) - PERIOD_FEE

Add into the pot that generally fees tend to be inversly proportional to STR.

Many places appear to have a very low PERIOD_WORTH much lower than greedbay, even negative as the traffic they seem to attract is minimal. I look at sellers registered there for months who have sold very little, despite being successful on greedbay where a link is available to have a look.

A further warning sign is that most auctions are not auctions, by that I mean most are the equivelent of BIN or Offer, you cannot run an effective auction if only one bidder turns up as the item goes at the starting price so most sellers go BIN.

Whichever way I look at this the only worthwhile option is to buy a domain and a hosted website and spend the remaining equivelent fee value on advertising as the level of advertising purchased by a lot of other sites is so minimal and it does not matter how flash the site is or how many sellers and active listings there are, no buyers, no sales.

I did not know there were so many wanabee sites in the UK until these storms started last year and so many links started appearing in various posts.

So might just as well do-it-myself (D-i-M Big Grin )

Off course greedBay know this so they can lay us over a barrel and use more than a wet noodle to whip us with, the biggest losers are all those folk who cannot take this step because it is tough enough for many folks to handle their PC safely on the interent without going it alone unless they can afford a lot of dosh to pay others for website design and maintenance.

So being postive (which is not my natural state because I usually come a cropper being positive) I see the present scenario on greedbay to be a real turning point for many in taking a business to the next level.

Ok apologies for being so off topic here ....

Big Grin ! elbissop sa noos sa ecivres lamronba gnimuseR

edit deleted inversly - ! ymmuD
Last edited by choochooguy
quote:
Wink ul-ul a saw taht dna taolb doog a yojne I peY

Choo, forgive my interjection.. I for one..very much appreciate your sharing on the UK alternatives including conclusions drawn from an evaluation of your approach in assessing them. Frankly, I believe your point of establishing an independent (and more controllable) merchant presence vis-a-vis a hosted site (or equivalent stratagem) is very well taken; .. and really the only sensible choice toward achieving long-term stability and survival. You are also absolutely correct in the observation that many are ill-equipped to take on such an endeavor, and they would undoubtedly suffer in the attempt. For those who can muster sufficient resources and apply them with the necessary savvy to successfully establish themselves, the prospects of meaningful profitability are in my view, ultimately much better. The key issue of course..is the question of what it means to be 'savvy' enough. Anyway..that's just my 2-cents worth. (btw.. thanks! I couldn't find the 'cropper' idiom anywhere, and I'm fully aware of your challenges in dealing with our 'american' idiomatic bs Wink )
Alright then! If there ain't no "funny-stuff" in them brownies (we'll take your word for it Shadeaux) ...then ChooChoo! ~ you're just gonna' have to 'cropper' for all this weird bass-ackwards kaeps-oohC going on! Missy's got a headache,.. and now I'm gettin' one, ....and the spelling-checker has gone 'bonkers'! Frown

Big Grin Mad Eek ! tluaf s'oohCoohC gnieb ot nwod sliob yletamitlu ssem siht lla yas I

p.s. well its about time ya' got yer fuzzy-arse back in here Taz! What happened?..start chew'n on the HDD again? Roll Eyes Wink
quote:

Big Grin Eek !taht rof yad 'ht ni ylrae tib a tsuj ti t'nsi woN

Not too sure about that one! My workday starts at 11 PM nd ends at 7 AM! If I was going to have a few I would need to be finishing up right about now! Confused My system is so confused right now!
The new job is great and the benefits are out of this world (401 K match varies between $1.25 and $1.75 per dollar I contribute! They change it every quarter but never lower than $1.25 per $1), but swing shift BLOWS!
quote:
p.s. well its about time ya' got yer fuzzy-arse back in here Taz! What happened?..start chew'n on the HDD again? Roll Eyes Wink

Well it is better than Neanderthalically chewin on da keyboard! Speakin O' Neanderthals has anyone heard anymore from that fool? For that matter the udder clown that were givin da Choo Meister a ruff time?
I really fell outta touch whilst the PC was befuddled! Had a big argument with the GF about downloading things and not virus scanning before opening them. But I checked out what she did and unless you are Uber-paranoid you would have never caught the problem. The zip file scanned fine and when you extracted it fooled the Virus Scanner into dropping off the screen. it popped up fer about 1 second and disappeared! Still no idea of what little insidious thing it was? It totally kept me from going online but did not corrupt my files? Luckily I was able to back up my recent work and do a fresh install and fix things.
System recovery would not even work!
Gotta buy another puter for the GF to play with so she does not moider mine again!
quote:
Originally posted by TazFromPA:
Not too sure about that one! My workday starts at 11 PM nd ends at 7 AM! If I was going to have a few I would need to be finishing up right about now! Confused My system is so confused right now!

Hey Taz, been there more years than I care to remember. Actually was the second best job I ever had (like midnight accountingSmile) and left it to move to th' panhandle. First was carpentry which goes right with whackin' one with a hammer if'n they mess with me. Razz
So breakfast in th' evenin', brews in the a.m.!
Smile !em rof skroW

Wink !ti rof drow ym ekat nac ay ,beZ peY
quote:
Big Grin Mad Eek ! tluaf s'oohCoohC gnieb ot nwod sliob yletamitlu ssem siht lla yas I

Big Grin !ti did oohC ...eerga I
Oh I missed everyone again Frown TAZ I was wondering where you were! I never would have guessed computer problems. Glad the new job is going good, so I'm just getting home from work when you're starting (I never did like working nights) Heck we'll never get to talk now...Great, now I'm gonna be stuck talking to Choo, he's usually the only one online the same time as I am (did I say that out loud??) Big Grin I'm kidding Choo, you know I love ya Wink I'm even gonna look for a picture for ya tomorrow, something that will make you smile cuz I know you're usually grumpy. Mad

And Miss S, my dear friend, I never seem to be here when you are (I'll email you tomorrow, promise) Hope things are going well with you...Got any extra brownies? I'm hungry Big Grin Wink

N, your avi should fit, it's the ame size as mine (I think) did you try yet?

Well g'night everyone...hope someone is around tomorrow.
Howdy N -- So sorry Amigo(a?)... I didn't realize you were wanting to use that avi. I guess I thought you were still looking for something more 'tentative' Big Grin . Just replace your current avi with the turtle (size shouldn't be a problem). Just in case you're unsure about doing that..here's how:
First: nav to your images area & copy the img URL into your clipboard (sugg: put your avi into it's own folder & never move it!)
Then nav back here and click-thru the following:
go -> personal_zone -> profile -> view_edit_complete -> edit(avatar/pictureURL) -> custom_avatar -> [paste avi-image URL] -> update_avatar
Hope that helps! Smile Cool
Last edited by zebra

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.