Skip to main content

quote:
Yep, we can rely on that

What ever do you mean Choo?? You KNOW you would miss me if I wasn't here Wink

Taz you're really a workaholic arent ya? That's alot of hours, I thought I was bad....Hey, I'm gonna ask to borrow one of your steel toed fuzzy slippers to whack Choo with, OK? No one's gotten a whackin in a long time....sigh...miss it Razz

OOOh good news...someone bought my hospital (well not MY hospital, you know what I mean) so I WON'T have a ton of spare time to hang out here in the summer (I can see Choo doing the happy dance at that one)Smile

I'm workin the weekend and I'm GLAD Smile

Later ~
Another two days without jabbing at you, that's the trouble selling season winding up, DIY season starting, phew, and it has been scorching hot here since middle of last week, spring days hotter than many of our summer days !!

quote:
C'mon, throw the tomatos now.......

Ok, anything to oblige, 1 ton of over ripe toms on their way by air to be literally dropped on you when you venture outside of your house courtesy of our Veggie Atlantic airline. Big Grin
SPLAT
SPLAT!!!!!!
Did ya hear that?? Choo how did ya get that airliner over here so fast? My whole neighborhood is covered in tomatos Eek Eek Eek
But ya MISSED ME nah nah nah Razz Razz
Yeah 2 days without hearing from you, I thought you were dead. (or undead?) Wink My selling season is in full swing too, (and I'm a PS again, big whoop huh?)Smile but I can tell it's not as 'busy' as it was last year at this time. Maybe the boycott is really working?? Dunno.....

Shoot we've only had a couple 70+ degree days, mostly it's cool & rainy. Y u c k...I want summer!! Cool

Well gotta hit the hay before I break my nose on the keyboard......... Wink
I'M BACK!!!!!!!!! HERE'S A LITTLE SHOUTING TO WAKE YOU UP!!!!

Sorry, just couldn't resist Wink Actually I was just thinking (Choo are you reading my mind??) how slow Ebay is....even tho I made PS, my sales are obviously good, but they're in the tank compared to last year Frown I thought maybe you put a hex on me?? Oh I wish I still had my frozen rats, I'd definitely send them to ya Big Grin

Ah...which reminds me..I owe you a package don't I
quote:
I thought maybe you put a hex on me??

If you mean a curse, no, don't dislike you that much . . . yet Razz

The old DSR watch blips up and down the odd 0.1% now as even that is based on the last 12 months sales rather than since it started.

Just think between selling seasons your figures will fluctuate without doing anything, one really needs to end a season upbeat on the scores otherwise it will make the next seasons start look bad especially if a difficult buyer drops a neg on you near the end !

Really do not like the fact your lifetime positives no longer shows at all, nevermind just think a bad seller only needs to stop selling until their bad feedback and DSR's filter through then start all over again.

ho hum Roll Eyes
Oh this FB change is ghastly! I'm now at 99.4 instead of 100 because of 2 stupid neutrals...and then I see this when I went to leave FB this AM on my buying act:

Important changes to Feedback

Buyers, you can no longer receive negative or neutral Feedback from sellers.
You should leave honest and accurate Feedback without the fear of receiving negative or neutral ratings.

On the leave feedback page, I see:

Sellers can no longer leave negative or neutral Feedback for buyers.
Buyers should leave honest Feedback without the fear of receiving negative or neutral ratings. Read more...

As a seller, I see the following two choices:
Rate this transaction.
Positive / I will leave Feedback later

I am just in shock.

And Choo, I don't know how, but somehow this is YOUR fault Razz Razz Razz
Hopefully buyers will believe that greedbay is full of dodgey sellers as they all know from word of mouth keep away from anyone below 98% and realise they might just as well go elsewhere.

So all this could backfire (hopefully). Recently I was trying to determine whether a buyer was being truthful or not over a delayed payment issue by referring to his history, won't be possible soon as they can only be green.

Yep I saw that message when leaving feedback for a recent purchase so greedbay are thrusting it in buyers faces Frown

And just think as you complete your season and your sales drop off these nasty neutrals become more significant wrt your positives.

I can assure you if it was my fault it would not have been applied to the UK site !! Big Grin
Yo! How's ya all? I've been sorta lurkin' again; getting the messages forwarded to my gmail so I kept up with the nonsense, errrr I mean wit!
Big Grin
OMG what a shock to hear Ms N is out of ratz.....now that is a shocker! But am soooo glad. Now it's the fangs to worry about.
I also noticed some of the last of the ninth are essentially missing....only a few left to romp. It won't die tho', nah!

Oh man am I wondering about this FB thing myself. Pretty iffy stuff. They make it sound like how great it'll be, but I don't think so. I've never left a neg for anyone, except once a postive with a qualifier as a buyer, as it took forever to get a cd. Like 3 weeks and no communication. All I said was deal was ok, but took a long time. The guy pm'd me railing me! Very sore about it. Never left a neg on a buyer....almost did once.
I am lucky at 100% but it's so iffy. I don't like s & h together in one choice. If someone doesn't want to pay the handling they ding ya on both. Not fair. Now I have to list a shipping price starting in June.....man o man....these tiny things I ship, I hate saying minimum priority, it's ridiculous. But ebay calculator won't let me figure 1st class for an invoice. I think the racket is just getting bigger. I wonder if they get something back for using Priority or higher.
Which reminds me I have a question I gotta ask in one of the other info threads.....
I am kinda new still ya know? But I am up to 54 now since mid Dec. They send me little notes saying that is good, but I didn't do it by listing high priced shipping, I let people pick...now they change it!
Poor manners Red Face, coming by to rag on GB...after being gone so long.
I haven't forgotten one of yas, like I say been lurking.
Hven't even seen the zeb, what is with that.....or ninth emself! Steve, Jeff, etc. what's the deal? All been busy, like me I spect.

Hail to those who won't let 'er die!

Hi N, good to see you drop in, most of the others don't appear to be on any of the boards much lately, out of the Dec 2007 crew I have only seen the FangMother doing the ward rounds . . . Eek

This thread is only having a snooze, it lives on like a slumbering giant to take off again when least expected when the lounge lizards once more congregate for a major lune summit Smile
I guess no one likes us anymore Choo Frown
Yeah, I think the regulars will come back from time to time, I know Miss S is very busy right now but I still 'talk' to her now & then.

Hey there N, can't help ya with the postage question..I always use first class and have never used the calculator..it always seemed to overcharge for me. As long as you have a scale you should be able to use first class shouldn't you? Unless you ship international? I don't know anything about that...although I can tell you it's pretty darn expensive to ship a crate of mens thongs to the UK Wink
Hellow! yep a quiet place.
Probably not an issue of likin yas, but of business..whoa, I am always busy it seems, and I don't really know why.

Postage, well, yes I have a digi scale. Thing is I have (almost no), with exception of about 10 items out of a couple thousand items that are the same. I can't pack them all up, weigh them and then store them packaged cause I don't have the room! This is a huge collection of miniatures. I keep them in boxes and labeled by what is photo'd edited and listed. Altho, most weigh under 13 oz. not all do. So in many cases I have to either guess or figure I get a loss on shipping if I underestimate when I list the cost. Another thing that annoys me is the ebay invoices won't work right with 1st class, all I can ever get it to do is calculate Priority, so I have to go to Pay Pal to make the invoice. But you're right I could just figure 1st class, post it and average it out on 13 oz. and go with that. That's a good idea. Actually, I don't think you said exactly that, but that's where I'm at... dudududududuuuu
N, check out these links for first class postage:

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/ratesandfees.htm#wp1008795

http://payments.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EmitSellerShippingCalculator

I believe first class is the same cost no matter where (in the U.S.) the destination is. I don't pre-pack my items either because I have lots of buyers with multiple wins. Like I said before, I always found calculated shipping to be a PITA, maybe look at some similar items to the ones you sell and see what kind of postage is being charged. Or just weigh it and add a small handling fee. It's unbelievably easy for me to just use first class, print the PP label, and put pkg in the mailbox. Piece o' cake Smile
quote:
Originally posted by member_8880:
N, check out these links for first class postage:

http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/ratesandfees.htm#wp1008795
http://payments.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EmitSellerShippingCalculator

I believe first class is the same cost no matter where (in the U.S.) the destination is. I don't pre-pack my items either because I have lots of buyers with multiple wins. Like I said before, I always found calculated shipping to be a PITA, maybe look at some similar items to the ones you sell and see what kind of postage is being charged. Or just weigh it and add a small handling fee. It's unbelievably easy for me to just use first class, print the PP label, and put pkg in the mailbox. Piece o' cake Smile
Thanks I will.... I did go check the first one and it looks like anything under 13 oz is 3.21 so that will work.
I have given up on handling chgs too, but with the gas costs etc going up, I don't think I will continue.
The other thing is finding boxes for 1st class. The boxes can be sooo small that a printed label won't fit, so I am trying to figure out how to print one smaller...which I can't do on PP.
Many of my items can go in a typical jewlery box, 3x3 or so, but they won't let me put a printed lable on it. Do you know how to make those dang lables small on PP?
The 2nd link won't calc a small 1st class package either. I can make pp calc it but not make a little label. So sometimes maybe just going to the P.O. is just easier?!
Oh funny (much sarcasm here) Wink

I really haven't been ignoring the boards, honest (fingers crossed behind my back) Smile just really busy with many listings. I have so much more inventory than I realized and I want to get rid of all of it this season.

Why haven't we heard from Taz yet?? (Or ANYBODY for that matter). Do you think there's life outside these boards??? Nah, impossible.. Big Grin

Choo, the lieutenants should almost be there by now, with a BIG surprise for you Eek

Add Reply

Copyright © 1999-2018 Auctiva.com. All rights reserved.
Link copied to your clipboard.